XPEnology Community

[SOLVED] Issues after update to 5.2-5644 update 3

Huike

I'm a new XPEnology user. Managed to isntall the DSM 5.2-5644 on a HP N40L with 8GB RAM and hacked BIOS downloaded from the internet. The installation was successful and the system running ok. The system reported there are updates need to be installed, tried to use the Control Panel to downlaod and update, it gave out error messages and couldn't be installed. Searched the internet and found guide on this forum about running two commonds "sed" and "mv" and the update went through. But after reboot I can't manage the Synology server and Synology Assistant can't find my NAS server on the LAN. After some troubleshooting I found out that the DHCP client in the DSM is not working somehow. It can't get a valid IP address from the DHCP server on the LAN. So I manually assigned IP address to the NIC from the console and then I can manage it from the web browser. But there is still another problem: the Resource Monitor does not work anymore, it said "Connection failed, check your network settings", and the default wedget showing the basic system information/performance when login disappeared either.

So basically the update 3 destroyed the network part. Does anybody have any ideas? Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Edited by Guest

Thanks. The update 3 is actually installed but it damaged the network function, caused the network not working as a DHCP client and Performance Monitor can't connect to my DSM 5.2-5644 update 3 server. Don't know how to fix it.

Did you reboot after the first installation? I had the same problem that I couldn't update to 5644.3 after install of 5.2-5644 (first release). I always got an error. So I rebooted my "NAS" and voila I could install the update. I had no issues with network.

My suggestion do it again right from the beginning

Did you reboot after the first installation? I had the same problem that I couldn't update to 5644.3 after install of 5.2-5644 (first release). I always got an error. So I rebooted my "NAS" and voila I could install the update. I had no issues with network.

My suggestion do it again right from the beginning

Wow you are the champion. I reinstalled DSM 5.2-5644 following this forum thread "http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10448&p=50698&hilit=reinstall#p50698", rebooted twice, then did the update 3 and it worked perfectly. Thanks very much. I think Synology or Xpenology should have some kind of prompts to help new users to over come issues like this.