XPEnology Community

XPEnology and DS Video

toastboy

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

Thanks to all the info on this forum I have successfully built my own NAS that works far far better than the DS211j I used to have. Q1900-ITX, 4gb RAM, 4TB SHR array, onboard everything else. Using noboot 5.2-5644.3 with Video Station updated to latest version.

The problem I have is that DS Video seems to play to my apple tv (V3) at about half the framerate and with significant pixellation. I've adjusted the transcoding quality on the DSVideo app with no apparent change in quality or effects. Not all files are affected by this (although the majority are) and it doesn't seem to matter if the video file is a 480p, 720p, or 1080p, the issue remains the same.

Am I running into limitations with the hardware, DSVideo software, of the XPEnology build? Or are there settings which I should play around with?

I know Plex is an option but I'd like to exhaust my options with DSVideo first.

Thank you

Thanks to all the info on this forum I have successfully built my own NAS that works far far better than the DS211j I used to have. Q1900-ITX, 4gb RAM, 4TB SHR array, onboard everything else. Using noboot 5.2-5644.3 with Video Station updated to latest version.

The problem I have is that DS Video seems to play to my apple tv (V3) at about half the framerate and with significant pixellation. I've adjusted the transcoding quality on the DSVideo app with no apparent change in quality or effects. Not all files are affected by this (although the majority are) and it doesn't seem to matter if the video file is a 480p, 720p, or 1080p, the issue remains the same.

Am I running into limitations with the hardware, DSVideo software, of the XPEnology build? Or are there settings which I should play around with?

Thank you

What does your CPU utilization look like during playback? That should help answer the question.

Thank you

What does your CPU utilization look like during playback? That should help answer the question.