XPEnology Community

XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.2 build 3211++ (repack v1.2)

For download Synology Asisstant, is correct the version 4.3-4206 for this version of Xpenology?
Hi,

Latest Synology Assistant will do the the trick :smile:

At home it detects any syno with different DSM version (4.3 and 4.2)

Here is my problem :

I'm trying to install this 4.2-3211 build into a Hyper-V virtual machine (after converting vdi to vhd file),

it boots and displays user login, but does never get an IP address on my home network. As a result, I can't see running VM in Synology assistant.

It did work with another, older, build (4.2-3202, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=551&start=30#p2610 )

Thanks for your help.

Machine : HP MicroServer N54L

hello, I'm trying to install Xpenology DS3612XS_3211 1.2v repack by Trentor on HP N54L, but I have a problem!

I set the bios to have the first boot on usb.

then turned off HP N54L. I prepared the usb stick with win32diskimager, I inserted on N54L and when the screen is black with the word "grub loading Stage 1.5. Grub loading, please wait ... Error 17".

What can I do?

I've been trying to install this on ESXi 5.5 and everytime I run a discovery with Synology Assistant, I get the "findhostd users obsolote (PF_INET, SOCK_PACKET)" error and nothing will come up when I go to the site. Am I the only one having this issue with this image?

I'm having trouble with all the torrent clients lol.

On the default Download Station files just wait and don't download.

On Transmission it doesn't have privileges to write the files and so no luck with that either.

Any ideas how to get atleast one of them to work?

Also, for what writing speeds I should be aiming for? At the moment I get 10 MB/s, but thats probably due to my lousy router.

Hi,

Succesfully installed this version on a esxi 5.5 with all disks in SATA mode!

Everything works well but on my Fractal design Node 605 case, I have 2 USB 3.0 ports. When I connect a USB drive to the USB at the back (motherboard), the drive is detected.

When i connect it to the USB ports on the front panel of the case, the disk lights up but is not deteceted.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thx!

Hi,

Succesfully installed this version on a esxi 5.5 with all disks in SATA mode!

Everything works well but on my Fractal design Node 605 case, I have 2 USB 3.0 ports. When I connect a USB drive to the USB at the back (motherboard), the drive is detected.

When i connect it to the USB ports on the front panel of the case, the disk lights up but is not deteceted.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thx!

how do you resolve the Grub22 repeatedly showing up problem upon restart the DSM VM ?

not sure if this is a better thread than N40L one, but cross listing for better chance of resolving the problems.

I installed Trantor 1.2 on a N40L with 6x2tb with the modified Bios. Much of everything seems to work fine, but I have a couple of questions I can't figure out how to do:

1. Wake On Lan (WOL) - I retrieved the MAC address of the built-in NIC from the Bios (other people suggested live cd) I am honestly not familiar enough with Linux to figure it out without more detailed instructions (but I am not afraid of the command line). I changed it using this guide http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1353. It was updated in synology assistant, but I not sure what to do next. I saw this thread, but I don't know how to implement the transfer discussed in the 3rd post down in this guide by jasonwu http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=665

Any help or more detailed step-by-step guide will be greatly appreciated as I would like to be able to remotely Wake Up server.

2. VPN - I have trouble setting up OpenVPN. I enabled on diskstation, set up the privileges, exported config files, installed open vpn client on a windows 7 PC, edited the config file as instructed, and it seems to connect but Fails Authorization when I try to log in any ideas?

I was able to get the cloud station working and it is syncing just fine, but not the VPN for some reason. FYI, I also have the Priviate Internet Access (PIA) client installed on my computer, not sure if that affects anything.

So far this build seems to work, with a quad intel NIC!

ASUS P8H77-i mini-itx

Intell e1000 Quad Port Gigabit NIC

2 drives

256GB SSD

120GB 2.5 scrap drive.

If testing goes well this is going into a fractal 304

NIC

4 way LACP BOND:

Screenshot_2013_11_12_00_52_49.png

RAM

16GB

CPU