XPEnology Community

XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.2 build 3211++ (repack v1.2)

Tried that many times, but on 4.2.3xxx any change to MAC in vender file will break current checksum and revert back to stock values.

You can locate this XX byte value in hex editor, it's appended to MAC value.

In DSM 4.2 the best way to add your sn and MAC is edit vender file and do not add "#" before vender, hw_model in menu.lst.

Tool and guide here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1353

Success on a FoxConn D70S-P Mini-Itx Celeron 1037U.

Everything seems to be working except the WOL. It says 'Error setting WOL' every time I try to set it.

The board has the N70 chipset and Realtek 8111F LAN chip.

Only issue I have is with the add-on mini-pci express SATA card. DSM does not see any drives attached to that. Without it, I am limited to 4 drives on the onboard SATA.

It's a ASMedia ASM1061 based card with 2 6Gbit SATA ports.

Hi All,

I successfully installed DSM 4.1 build 2668++ 1.3a on my homemade little NAS ( MSI C847MS-E33 ).

Then, I updated it directly with this build successfully, without losing data, but with a bad mac address.

I tried to put an # before vender and adding mac1=... in grub.conf --> new mac address at each reboot.

So I followed DHD howto changing the first mac address and serial number in the file "vender"

Now , each time I boot I can see my nas in the assistant with IP address 169.xxx... with status not configured.

If I try to configure it, at about 90% I get an error "losing connection".

Could you help, please?

Thanks.

X.

As a new member of this forum, and as a XPEnology "virgin",

I would like to say many thanks to Trantor, for providing this excellent piece of work :cool:

I just recently got myself a HP Proliant Microserver N54L, and after realizing that MS Server 2012 R2 will not work with the original NIC,

I tried this nice build, which "just worked" right out of the box, at least all the things I have tried yet.

Hi All,

I successfully installed DSM 4.1 build 2668++ 1.3a on my homemade little NAS ( MSI C847MS-E33 ).

Then, I updated it directly with this build successfully, without losing data, but with a bad mac address.

I tried to put an # before vender and adding mac1=... in grub.conf --> new mac address at each reboot.

So I followed DHD howto changing the first mac address and serial number in the file "vender"

Now , each time I boot I can see my nas in the assistant with IP address 169.xxx... with status not configured.

If I try to configure it, at about 90% I get an error "losing connection".

Could you help, please?

Thanks.

X.

To resolve your problem you have to remove "#" before "vender" and "hw_model" in grub.conf. DSM will boot in right config for model RS3612xs.

Like this

#serial --unit=0 --speed=115200
#terminal serial
default 0
timeout 1
fallback 0

title DSM 4.2-3211++ Repack v1.2
root (hd0,0)
vender /vender show
hw_model
kernel /zImage root=/dev/md0 ihd_num=0 netif_num=4 syno_hw_version=RS3612xs
initrd /rd.gz

Hi DHD,

Thanks for your help.

I've already tried.

If I put # before vender in grub.conf, I get a different mac address at each boot, but I get an IP address from DHCP server.

If I remove it, I get the right mac address without correct IP (169.254.... self attributed).

If I try to install with Synology assistant I get an error message.

I seen, in the excel file, that uppercase and lowercase don't give the same result.

I've tried both results, you must use uppercase.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

X.

Only issue I have is with the add-on mini-pci express SATA card. DSM does not see any drives attached to that. Without it, I am limited to 4 drives on the onboard SATA.

It's a ASMedia ASM1061 based card with 2 6Gbit SATA ports.

For driver request please use : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1361&p=6528#p6528

Thanks, I'd like to report the ASMedia card works now. It was a defective card and it was replaced. Everything is great!

As a new member of this forum, and as a XPEnology "virgin",

I would like to say many thanks to Trantor, for providing this excellent piece of work :cool:

I installed this build on HP Proliant Microserver N36L succesfully. COOL Work.

Previous build versions didn,t start properly.

I upgrade/Flash new my XPEnology and everything works but after 2-3hours the Webinterface isnt available and the system is dead.

My Hardware:

Gigabyte G33M-DS2R

Intel E2220

4GB DD2 Ram

4x Seagare 7200.12 500GB, 2x 1.5TB Seagate 7200.12

Intel PT 1000pro

edit: The System is still up, but I think the NIC is shutting down.

Hi! Trantor,

I am current using this repack for my box.

So far, everything works fine but there is one annoying problem that only happens on the intermittent basis.

Whenever I boot my box up, my router (Dlink DCM-604) will show that the connection to the box is on.

However, after my box has already booted up, all my mapped folders to my box are not accessible.

A check on my router setup page does not display the MAC and IP address of my box in the DHCP table. This only happens sometimes.

If the MAC and IP address of my box in the DHCP table are listed, the all my mapped folders are accessible.

A power cycle on my router will always solve the problem.

I tried another router and the problem still persist sometimes.

Is this related to the NIC driver issue with this repack?

If so, any chance of updating the driver.

The NIC on my motherboard is the Realtek RTL8111DL.

Thanks.

Hello, I used to copy the file xpenology .img win32disimager, then the usb was no longer recognized.

I formatted. The original capacity was 250mb, now only 15.6 mb! Going on Windows 7 disk management, says there is a primary partition of 16MB and 235MB of unallocated, now how do I do?

Hello, I used to copy the file xpenology .img win32disimager, then the usb was no longer recognized.

I formatted. The original capacity was 250mb, now only 15.6 mb! Going on Windows 7 disk management, says there is a primary partition of 16MB and 235MB of unallocated, now how do I do?

Sounds right - Windows is unable to read the stick after transferring the Synology boot-image to it, as it is formatted with ext filsystem (not FAT or NTFS). If you have formatted the stick, then do the transfer again.

Now eject and unplug the USB stick from the PC and put it into the N54L - front, back or inside doesn't matter.

Power on N54L - if you have a monitor connected to N54L, you should see it boot from the USB stick.

After a few minutes you should be able to see it from your PC using Synology Assistant.

IS there a way to install this version directly into ESXi without having to compile items (I have no clue how to compile components of this or any other OS) ?

yes. one of these images even comes with a vmdk or a vdi that can be converted to a vmdk.

I upgrade/Flash new my XPEnology and everything works but after 2-3hours the Webinterface isnt available and the system is dead.

My Hardware:

Gigabyte G33M-DS2R

Intel E2220

4GB DD2 Ram

4x Seagare 7200.12 500GB, 2x 1.5TB Seagate 7200.12

Intel PT 1000pro

edit: The System is still up, but I think the NIC is shutting down.

New Info:

I have flashed the USB Stick again. Boot it and close the Webbrowser...after 10-15min the DiskStation isnt available.

Now I havent close Firefox and the system is now 6h up and everything works. I dont know what this is.

On the DiskStation the Surveillance Station is installed and is recording, so the hibernation cant shut the system down.