XPEnology Community

XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.2 build 3211++ (repack v1.2)

Final got this repack installed on my esx 5.1, added an extra disk as IDE 0:1, removed floppy and cd drive, reuploaded boot image after grub error 22.

Now I am trying to passthrough my disks to my VM that are connected on my Areca 1120 Raid controller. After enabling passthrough for this controller in esx, I rebooted the esx. After my VM booted, the disks on my Raid controller were not visible/detected.

Is this because the Areca drivers are not included in this repack?

This raid controller is only for test case, in future I will buy a more recent/less power consuming raid controller.

So actually my main question is what Raid controller(s) is /are good, cheap and compatible with Trantor's repack?

(min 2 SATA ports, +- 4 ports is good)

Thx in advance!!

hi kennyb, how did you replace your boot image after the GRUB 22 error?

because after the isntallation, the vmdk file became .001.vmdk and a text file referencing to the .001.vmdk replaced the original.vmdk file.

How did you re-upload the vmdk file? I tried to login to the terminal and cp the original vmdk file to the .001.vmdk. Issue is, the whole installation will begin all over.

Also, i couldn't get Passthrough to work with my onboard H77 SATA, and the LSI SAS3041E. I don't think any one got the Passthrough to work so far.

LSI controller is still not being supported, I wonder?

I have IBM1015 flashed with LSI 9211-8i IT and none of the releases, including 4.3 would not pick up the drives.

4.3 at least will tell that there no drives connected, 4.2 v1.1 will attempt to install but after restart it'll "loose config".

Update:

Successfully installed 4.2 on the hdd connected to one of the local SATA ports, now 2 out of 3 HDDs connected to LSI controller are recognized.

For the third, have to unplug and plug SATA cable back in, but it detects HDD as eSATA.

LSI bios detects all 3 HDDs on every boot.

This is definitely due to internalportcfg esataportcfg values. You need to modify /etc.defaults/synoinfo.cfg and reboot

See this post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1028&start=80#p5413

That did it, thanks Kanedo.

All 3 disks are getting recognized.

Other issue popped up: after each reboot, system partition "goes bad".

After a click and about 2 seconds its back to normal.

scr.png.51b2efe583ba42a3185f2a75eb826953.png

LSI controller is still not being supported, I wonder?

I have IBM1015 flashed with LSI 9211-8i IT and none of the releases, including 4.3 would not pick up the drives.

4.3 at least will tell that there no drives connected, 4.2 v1.1 will attempt to install but after restart it'll "loose config".

Update:

Successfully installed 4.2 on the hdd connected to one of the local SATA ports, now 2 out of 3 HDDs connected to LSI controller are recognized.

For the third, have to unplug and plug SATA cable back in, but it detects HDD as eSATA.

LSI bios detects all 3 HDDs on every boot.

This is definitely due to internalportcfg esataportcfg values. You need to modify /etc.defaults/synoinfo.cfg and reboot

See this post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1028&start=80#p5413

That did it, thanks Kanedo.

All 3 disks are getting recognized.

This is due to either incorrect removal of the drive during a shutdown/reboot or more likely due to the LSI mpt2_sas.ko LKM being loaded too late in the bootup process. I wish I could test this, but my other server with the LSI card is unavailable at the moment and I can't help you troubleshoot this issue until gaining access to it in November.

Trantor. Is the LSI driver being loaded during the USB boot and prior to booting off the HDDs? I had a similar problem with sata_mv.ko being loaded too late in the bootup process and got the the same system partition error after each reboot. Would it be possible to build this mpt2_sas into the kernel as a built-in module?

First of i would like to thank XPEnology for making this possible. This is what i was looking for after i found out my $350+ DS212+ can't transcode movies to plex ( roku ). So last night i got this Built and installed on my spare "HP Elite 8300" desktop ( Core i5 , 14gb ram / 2tb hd ).. and it WORKS "flawless"

I got plex & other apps installed and watching 1080p blue-ray movie without a hiccup.

This is the desktop I'm using :- http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quic ... 268_na.pdf

Please keep it up Team XPEnology.

Hi to all.

With this built my ethernet speed is 100mbps only(((

Iv got intel d2700dc motherboard with intel NIC 82574L on it and router is asus rt-n66u.

Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks.

edit the config file or get a new nic

Can you tell me what I'm need to edit.

Thanks

Trantor. Is the LSI driver being loaded during the USB boot and prior to booting off the HDDs? I had a similar problem with sata_mv.ko being loaded too late in the bootup process and got the the same system partition error after each reboot. Would it be possible to build this mpt2_sas into the kernel as a built-in module?

Try with this : Kernel with mpt2sas/megaraid_sas/aacraid built-in (as usual put rd and zImage on USB drive)

Waiting Al-T and FrankGNL feedbacks for this issue :wink:

How exactly can we upgrade to ver 1.2 (in layman terms since my Linux knowledge is very limited) thanks in advance,

Nick

- burn new img file with this prog >>> win32diskimager

- follow this manuals for reinstall >>> http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1086

What about the .pat file.

11. Browse and select the same version (4.2.3211.pat) which U already running

Still can not see the CPU temperature, this is a bit of trouble, because I don't know whether the CPU is overheating ...

Where exactly can't you see it? There is no dedicated CPU temperature display, but there's a system Thermal Status display that collects all the temperatures and displays the temp of the system. It is under System Information - Generic, and if you hover over the balls, it will say the temperature.

Hi Trantor,

First, thanks for your fantastic job. You are a star!

I would like to know if an upgrade from 3202 repack (updated from Andy Repack v.DS3612xs_2668_4.1++) to your repack 3612++ v1.2 is OK or not?

I am using an A8N-SLI...

Also, as we speak are you working on a new version?

Cheers and keep up the good work

Salut Trantor

Et bien merci pour ton super travail! T es une star!

J aimerai savoir si je peux faire une MAJ de la version 3202 repack (deja MAJ a partir de Andy Repack v.DS3612xs_2668_4.1++) vers ta repack 3612++ v1.2 ?

Je suis sur une A8N-SLI...

Es tu en train de travailler sur une nouvelle version? Quand vas tu la sortir?

Merci en continue a nous faire plaisir

A+

I would like to know if an upgrade from 3202 repack (updated from Andy Repack v.DS3612xs_2668_4.1++) to your repack 3612++ v1.2 is OK or not?

When I test upgrade from 3202 to 3211, I "loose" data and config but some users have successfully upgraded their system without loosing data... so BACKUP data first !

Look this viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1086 it can help you.

Not really working on new version (4.3 have some disk/volume detection issue/protection), but fixing some request for 4.2 build

My holidays are over tomorrow, so I will have less time to dedicated to xpenology :sad:

The download link is not valid.

No, I just add anti-leech system. Link is valid only 60sec.

When I test upgrade from 3202 to 3211, I "loose" data and config but some users have successfully upgraded their system without loosing data... so BACKUP data first !

Look this viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1086 it can help you.

Not really working on new version (4.3 have some disk/volume detection issue/protection), but fixing some request for 4.2 build

My holidays are over tomorrow, so I will have less time to dedicated to xpenology :sad:

The download link is not valid.

No, I just add anti-leech system. Link is valid only 60sec.

IF we just update the usb drive and don't upgrade the .pat will it do something useful? or do we have to update both for something useful to come out of it? (if we have oddie 3211 installed for example) Best thing I like and would really like from this version is that it sees all of my motherboards 8 sata ports, and both of my motherboards nic's. Excellent work trantor, with a ASUS p6x58Dpremium everything works without a hitch!

Love your work! I'm using the ports now for a couple of months.. And there amazing!

But recently my motherboard (where I had a raid 5 config on) died, and I want to switch to a raid card..

I had in mind for an Highpoint RocketRaid (3510) is he supported? I see in the start post that the Rocketraid 3xxx/4xxx series is supported, but is this every raidcard in the line?

@ Trantor, I don't know if this is the place to post "driver requests"? But could you maybe add to a next update the network drivers of the asus m2n-sli deluxe. It's an Nvidia chipset, but I can't get the Lan up running :sad:.

Here is a link to the specs of the motherboard: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M2NSLI ... ifications

Many thanks :grin:

I having a small problem. Installation works fine on a E35M1-M PRO. NIC and sata ports works fine too. All driver exist. But every 24 to 48 no connection is possible. Server is available, ping works but connection to ssh, telnet, nfs, smb and co. don´t work. Ports are open but a connection isn´t possible. I checked the dmesg, messages and other logs but no error. After a hard reboot it works again but only for 24 to 48 hours.

Any idea to fix it?