XPEnology Community

XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.2 build 3211++ (repack v1.2)

So, Trantor, no rush, but when can we expect a 4.3 build? :grin:

Okay, no joking with it, I know what a pressure it can be when a whole community waits on you to do something "magic". Take your time, and make sure everything's working fine :wink:

Just a slight request, but could you add the HP N36L/N40L/N54L drivers to the default kernel?

- AMD Turion II CPU

- NC107i NIC

- AMD RS785E/SB820M (BIOS reports SB600)

- AMD HD4200 VGA

Further info here:

http://n40l.wikia.com/wiki/Base_Hardware_N54L

Thanks Trantor,

I can see the 3 disks of a SHR in the ubuntu disk manager and I can see all partitions but I cannot recreate the RAID to have access to all the files and copy them over.

Do you have any suggestions ?

I'm not an expert but try playing with mdam and/or lvm2 force option that "can" mount degraded volume.

I just saw that DSM 4.3 is released, are you updating to 4.3? :grin:

Does the latest megaraid_sas driver fix your issue ?

I just updated the 2 files, but still the same issue

Here a screenshot, does not look like a driver problem

raiderror.PNG

@fonix232 : If I'm right everything is already in. NC107i NIC is broadcom and it's include as the sata driver. Have you try 4.2-3211 v1.1 to see if i's ok ?

Maybe you just have to edit synoinfo.conf with microserv value (sata, esata, usb)

@FrankGNL : Very strange issue. Maybe DSM dosn't like the RAID5 level. Have you tried with SHR ?

@k3dt : This file seem already patched, where do you get it ? I can provide you unpatched v4.3 synobios.ko. Can you patch it for us ?

@fonix232 : If I'm right everything is already in. NC107i NIC is broadcom and it's include as the sata driver. Have you try 4.2-3211 v1.1 to see if i's ok ?

Maybe you just have to edit synoinfo.conf with microserv value (sata, esata, usb)

@FrankGNL : Very strange issue. Maybe DSM dosn't like the RAID5 level. Have you tried with SHR ?

@k3dt : This file seem already patched, where do you get it ? I can provide you unpatched v4.3 synobios.ko. Can you patch it for us ?

yeah, its latest synobios.ko patched by me. Can you try it?

edit: in case you dont want hex file yourself: http://www.k3dt.eu/synobios.ko

I used the build-in RAID 5 from DSM itself, so i doubt that can be the problem.

Maybe during the boot is it first loading my raid controller drivers and afterwards the onboard sata drivers.

It was indeed synoinfo that was bothering me, the ODD port was recognized as eSATA... Awesome, thanks for the help!

I also tried to change the SN and Mac address. IN ESXi, i need to mount the boot image in another VM and then modify the files?

I don't see a way to modify the file directly from the xpenology installation.

You can modify directly on the system.

1) ssh into system

2) cd /volumeUSB1/usbshare1-1/boot/grub

3) edit menu.lst

I'm trying to install the new repack but no succes..

I created a new VM in esx 5.1 following the idiot's guide. I converted the .img to .vmdk (IDE, growable image). Added this existing disk.

Pass through my Areca RAID controller.

When installing with synology assistant, I get the error cannot format disk, forward port 23 on your router.

Plz help,

Thx

I also tried to change the SN and Mac address. IN ESXi, i need to mount the boot image in another VM and then modify the files?

1) ssh into system

3) edit menu.lst

I have an ESXi install, not on a dedicated computer.

1) ssh into system

3) edit menu.lst

I have an ESXi install, not on a dedicated computer.

If you can boot the xpenology vm instance, shouldn't you have access to the syno vdi?

Trantor,

EDIT: please disregard this attachment. I've come up with a much cleaner build recipe using the vanilla sata_mv.c from kernel.org. See post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1028&start=140#p5556

I've been able to successfully build a custom version of sata_mv.ko and can load it properly using my Marvell 88SX6081 PCI-X card.

Original source

https://raw.github.com/robclark/kernel- ... /sata_mv.c

My modification to the above source (sata_mv.c) and the kernel module (sata_mv.ko).

Edited by Guest

I'm trying to install the new repack but no succes..

I created a new VM in esx 5.1 following the idiot's guide. I converted the .img to .vmdk (IDE, growable image). Added this existing disk.

Pass through my Areca RAID controller.

When installing with synology assistant, I get the error cannot format disk, forward port 23 on your router.

Plz help,

Thx

MAC address in the virtual machine must be the SAME as the MAC address in the DSM Assistant. (took me many hours to figure it out ><)