XPEnology Community

XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.2 build 3211++ (repack v1.2)

What information do you need?

Motherboard:ASUS C60M1-i (http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/C60M1I/)

Dmesg - http://pastebin.com/1LueHD7a

OS: XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.2 build 3202++ (repack v1.0)

LCDPROC

main page - http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/

Video - http://www.google.com.ua/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 2593,d.bGE

some info - https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/issues/614

How can I help more?

Thank for the fast reply :smile:

After some tests, I found a build (DS3612xs_4.2-3211_x64 ) that have USB working correctly.

I will try to use it as base for my next repack.

Can you also check for acpi cpu frequency scaling module ?

Thanks for your great job !

Thank for the fast reply :smile:

After some tests, I found a build (DS3612xs_4.2-3211_x64 ) that have USB working correctly.

Can you also check for acpi cpu frequency scaling module ?

Thanks for your great job !

cpu frequency scaling if I'm right is handle by acpi-cpufreq.ko which is loaded at boot on supported hardware. With my Intel Q8200 it's loaded at boot and I manually load asus_atk0110.ko (ASUS ACPI ATK0110 support) for my asus board . But I never check if the cpu freq is scaling....

And if you can find where it's writing something to the BIOS (most of us guessing it's time/date to make sure scheduling works) and make it stop, that would be cool too.

I notice this issue when I enabled startup/shutdown schedule. But if I didn't set these options I never had bios reset problem. (by memory startup schedule cause this).

What information do you need?

Motherboard:ASUS C60M1-i (http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/C60M1I/)

Dmesg - http://pastebin.com/1LueHD7a

OS: XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.2 build 3202++ (repack v1.0)

LCDPROC

main page - http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/

Video - http://www.google.com.ua/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 2593,d.bGE

some info - https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/issues/614

How can I help more?

Why not for LCDproc but I want pictures when it's work^^. You have ASUS mainboard so you can insmod asus_atk0110.ko and for your cpu powernow-k8.ko

I need to do lot of test with DS3612xs_4.2-3211_x64 build because as some people said the source is "unsure".

It's important to know what they modified in hda1.tgz cause when I use offcial syno hda1.tgz file with just patched synobios, DSM install fine but computer shutdown itself after 2min.

The idea is to start from clean hda1 file to be sure nothing "strange" is include and then add lot of things to make the better 3211 build as I can :smile:

@Kanedo and @colombodk :

The sata_mv driver is built-in the offical syno kernel and is modified by synology.

I tried to build it as module but the machine boot and shutdown itself afert 1min....

I assume you test my 4.1 build and have the same issue ?

If someone have enought knowledge to maybe patch sata_mv.c

@T-REX-XP :

Can you please give me more informations about ACPI driver to include and LCDPROC ?

@tsygam and @FrankGNL :

Did the latest aacraid driver solved your issue ?

@everyone ^^ :

Can you confirm me that the issue with external usb detected as esata is present in the odie's 4.2-3202 build ?

Yesterday i sold my M5014, i bought a M1015 flashed it to IT mode, this card is working perfectly, tomorrow i will test with spin down

Thanks for the effort.

Regards

Frank

FrankGNL : are you using VMware ESX5? or just a whitebox server?

I'm using a whitebox server

I just found a weird problem, i attached 8 drives to my controller, but synology only see 6 drives, is this a common problem?

Frank,

I had the similar problem before. See my fix below.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=937&start=60#p5034

Essentially, you need to modify /etc.defaults/synoinfo and play around with "internalportcfg" parameter.

internalportcfg is a hexadecimal bitmask.

0xf = 0b1111 ( 4 drives )

0xff = 0b11111111 ( 8 drives)

0xfff = 0b111111111111 ( 12 drives )

What I would do is increase the internalportcfg to something big like 0xffff (16 drives) and modify usbportcfg and esataportcfg so they aren't colliding with it. If this works, then you can tweak it to your exact configuration.

Hope this helps.

FrankGNL : are you using VMware ESX5? or just a whitebox server?

I'm using a whitebox server

I just found a weird problem, i attached 8 drives to my controller, but synology only see 6 drives, is this a common problem?

Frank,

I had the similar problem before. See my fix below.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=937&start=60#p5034

Essentially, you need to modify /etc.defaults/synoinfo and play around with "internalportcfg" parameter.

internalportcfg is a hexadecimal bitmask.

0xf = 0b1111 ( 4 drives )

0xff = 0b11111111 ( 8 drives)

0xfff = 0b111111111111 ( 12 drives )

What I would do is increase the internalportcfg to something big like 0xffff (16 drives) and modify usbportcfg and esataportcfg so they aren't colliding with it. If this works, then you can tweak it to your exact configuration.

Hope this helps.

Wonderfull this is working!!

Now i'm going to test with spin down

cpu frequency scaling if I'm right is handle by acpi-cpufreq.ko which is loaded at boot on supported hardware. With my Intel Q8200 it's loaded at boot and I manually load asus_atk0110.ko (ASUS ACPI ATK0110 support) for my asus board . But I never check if the cpu freq is scaling....

Sorry for all Trantor, acpi-cpufreq is present but not loading on my config because .... Atom 230 is not speedstep compliant :oops:

Does this mean there is a USB bug in DSM 4.2 build 3202++ (repack v1.0), becouse USB is not working by me ????

Yes maybe and it's also in the original build from odie. Can you please test this build and test if USB work viewtopic.php?f=2&t=907 ?

@FrankGNL and @Kanedo : thanks for these feedbacks :smile:

Trantor wrote:

Can you please test this build and test if USB work viewtopic.php?f=2&t=907 ?

Last week, I tested this version:

- USB not working on my MB

- Extra nic required

- one from 6 disk recognized as a esata disk

But if you need some log files from this ver. I can try it again tomorrow after checking parity consistency on Volume1 & send it to you ???

Trantor wrote:

Can you please test this build and test if USB work viewtopic.php?f=2&t=907 ?

Last week, I tested this version:

- USB not working on my MB

- Extra nic required

- one from 6 disk recognized as a esata disk

But if you need some log files from this ver. I can try it again tomorrow after checking parity consistency on Volume1 & send it to you ???

Hum very wierd your USB issue... have you take a look in BIOS and search for something like usb legacy and enabled it ? Because no USB at all with all 4.2 build on your board :???:

No need to send me log file yet :wink:

Trantor, thanks for you work. Just one question - will be supported upgrade to new version 4.2-3211? Upgrade with original .pat or with custom 4.2-3211 pat shows "Unknown error occurs (Error no:21)". Or it is only my problem? (wrong install?)

Sorry for spam (cant edit first post).. there is log from /var/log/messages:

Aug 22 22:09:54 upgrade.cgi: UnpackFirmware: Clean //upd@te.pat...

Aug 22 22:09:55 upgrade.cgi: upgrade.cpp(1344): Remove //upd@te...cmd=[/bin/rm -rf //upd@te > /dev/null 2>&1]

Aug 22 22:09:55 upgrade.cgi: upgrade.cpp(1360): Create //upd@te...cmd=[/bin/mkdir -p //upd@te > /dev/null 2>&1]

Aug 22 22:09:55 upgrade.cgi: upgrade.cpp(1316): Untar //upd@te.pat...cmd=[/bin/tar xpf "//upd@te.pat" -C //upd@te > /dev/null 2>&1]

Aug 22 22:09:55 upgrade.cgi: upgrade.cpp(1262): Verify checksum of [//upd@te]...

Aug 22 22:09:56 upgrade.cgi: upgrade.cpp(1269): Pass checksum of //upd@te...

Aug 22 22:09:56 upgrade.cgi: upgrade.cpp:1251 Executing [//upd@te/updater -v / -x > /dev/null 2>&1]

Aug 22 22:09:56 updater: updater.c:4225 Start of the updater...

Aug 22 22:09:56 updater: updater.c:4318 The SynoBoot partitions exist.

Aug 22 22:09:56 updater: updater.c:4321 This is X86 platform

Aug 22 22:09:56 updater: updater.c:1660 orgBuildNumber = 3202, newBuildNumber=3211

Aug 22 22:09:56 updater: updater.c:1744 [CheckPackageSize] Find [5] internal volume, external volume count= [0]

Aug 22 22:09:56 updater: updater.c:1761 CheckPackageSize, err=0

Aug 22 22:09:56 updater: updater.c:2378 SYNORedBootUpdCheckAndApply(2378):No uboot_do_upd.sh, skip bootloader update

Aug 22 22:09:56 updater: boot_lock.c(224): failed to mount boot device /dev/synoboot2 /tmp/bootmnt (errno:6)

Aug 22 22:09:56 updater: updater.c:4432 fail to unlock boot partition

Aug 22 22:09:56 updater: updater.c:4676 Failed to accomplish the update! (errno = 21)

Aug 22 22:09:56 upgrade.cgi: upgrade.cpp:(1254) : failed to system cmd=[//upd@te/updater -v / -x > /dev/null 2>&1], r=5376

Aug 22 22:09:56 upgrade.cgi: upgrade.cpp(1344): Remove //upd@te...cmd=[/bin/rm -rf //upd@te > /dev/null 2>&1]

Aug 22 22:09:56 upgrade.cgi: upgrade.cpp:704 Failed to unpack firmware.

Aug 22 22:09:57 upgrade.cgi: upgrade.cpp:1198 Update Errno = 21[Error No:21]

@Kanedo and @colombodk :

The sata_mv driver is built-in the offical syno kernel and is modified by synology.

I tried to build it as module but the machine boot and shutdown itself afert 1min....

I assume you test my 4.1 build and have the same issue ?

If someone have enought knowledge to maybe patch sata_mv.c

Trantor,

I've gotten the Marvell cards to work on almost all other OS, such as Ubuntu, FreeNAS, unRAID, Windows Server. This is definitely a Syno specific issue. Do you think it's possible to build with a generic sata_mv instead of synology's patched version?

Thanks.

Trantor wrote:

Hum very wierd your USB issue... have you take a look in BIOS and search for something like usb legacy and enabled it ? Because no USB at all with all 4.2 build on your board :???:

- USB Legacy in BIOS is ENABLED

- USB works in 4.1-2668_1.3a

This means that BIOS settings are OK.

What particularly bothers me is that it works in your previous version (4.1-2668_1.3a)

Even additional card from D-link (DUB-1310 2-Port USB 3.0 PCI Express Card) is not working.

For this reason, I assume that some driver is broken or to old for new MB with 1150 socket.

Hello,

How I can add support for APC Back UPS Pro 900? It can't detect the ups.

Sorry I just followed "2) Download the new "usbcore.ko" and "ohci-hcd.ko" modules and copy them to "/lib/modules/": http://pastebin.com/sH4RieEj / http://pastebin.com/4vL65THx

3) Reboot and you have full USB support (all ports, USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 speeds)!" and it worked!

Thanks

Sorry someone asked me via pm to send the above files but I can't reply to pms yet.

I just downloaded the above links from pastebin and renamed them to .tgz and I used winrar to unzip them. Then I just copied them in a shared folder and via ssh I moved them to /lib/modules/. I restarted the machine and ups worked.

DSM 4.2-3211

Sorry someone asked me via pm to send the above files but I can't reply to pms yet.

I just downloaded the above links from pastebin and renamed them to .tgz and I used winrar to unzip them. Then I just copied them in a shared folder and via ssh I moved them to /lib/modules/. I restarted the machine and ups worked.

DSM 4.2-3211

Does not help by me - DSM 4.2 build 3202++ (repack v1.0)

UPS still not recognized.

DSM 4.2-3211

Does not help by me - DSM 4.2 build 3202++ (repack v1.0)

UPS still not recognized.

I found something interesting in the chinese build about USB ports.

I managed to fix the usb deteted as esata drive by increasing the usbportcfg parameter :smile:

Try to edit synoinfo.conf in /etc AND in /etc.defaults:

change

usbportcfg="0xf00000"

to

usbportcfg="0xfffc0" (14 usb ports for your gryphon mainboard) or maybe higher value.

DSM 4.2-3211

This is strange because ohci-hcd module is already included :eek:

Trantor, thanks for you work. Just one question - will be supported upgrade to new version 4.2-3211? Upgrade with original .pat or with custom 4.2-3211 pat shows "Unknown error occurs (Error no:21)". Or it is only my problem? (wrong install?)

In theory yes, but you need new .img file to write to your usb stick that match with what's inside the .pat file.

"Trantor wrote:

I found something interesting in the chinese build about USB ports.

I managed to fix the usb deteted as esata drive by increasing the usbportcfg parameter :smile:

Try to edit synoinfo.conf in /etc AND in /etc.defaults:

change

usbportcfg="0xf00000"

to

usbportcfg="0xfffc0" (14 usb ports for your gryphon mainboard) or maybe higher value.

still not working ...