XPEnology Community

XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.2 build 3211++ (repack v1.2)

Hi,

I successfully installed this release on an HP Microserver. No problem.

Then I installed it on an HP notebook. No issue. I even tried to install the 4.3 release. Still no issue.

I configured the media indexing of all my videos, cartoons, pictures and music.

The problem with the notebook (and only with the notebook) starts when I restarted it for the first time. At the reboot (and at every next reboot) the media was not indexed and the system had to re-index again everything. This is a big problem since these means I cannot start the system and stream a movie in few minutes. I need to wait at least one hour that the indexing complete.

Have you got any idea why this happen?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

To Trantor: This software is much more exciting than any Microsoft bulshit you pay for and I like the feel and the looks of DSM.I have successfully installed DSM 4.1 XPEnology_DS3612xs_2668 on CoreDuo 6700 @ 2.66GHZ a machine i build 6 years ago.The instructions on this web-page are sufficient enough for a semi computer literate how ever I am unable to convert IMG file to VDI using Your instructions . VboxManage command simply does not work on my W8.1 could you guys do it for the rest of us who dont know and post a download link on this site.

Happy New Year

• 2 weeks later...

Just successfully migrated my N54L from nighthawk's 4.2 build to Trantor's repack 1.2 and everything still works! I had one small question though. I was just checking /var/log/messages and i noticed the following error every 3 seconds or so.

Jan 11 15:20:24 scemd: write to uart2 error, error=(5)Input/output error

Jan 11 15:20:27 scemd: write to uart2 error, error=(5)Input/output error

I'm not sure if they were present before the migration or not. Did a search on both Xpenology and Synology's forums, but didn't find much. Some people posted logs that contained the error, but no one appeared concerned about it. Does anyone know what this could be related to? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

It's realy great what you did with these software. Congrats!

I have a question that someone may clarify to my. I have a msi mobo (760ga-43p(fx)) with a sempron. Everything works fine... but I cannot install more than 4hdd on dsm 4.2 3211. Before it was 4.2 3202 and I have supposed it was the OS, maybe. But it's the same with 4.2 3211. In bios setup I can see all 6 hdd (3 seagate 500/1t/2t and wd 1t/1t/2t) on sata2. I tried different hdd on different slots and it seems that the os can see only hdd on sata 1,2,3&4. In windows they are all ok.

Any sugestion or ideas?

Many thanks- in advance!

Radu

• 3 weeks later...

Trantor

Thank you for your great work

I have installed the firmware since Sep 2013 on a HP54L (only one hp54l on the lan and I don;t change MAC/serial no)

but one great issue annoy me without solution-the NAS disappear regularly (around once each month)

without any response

and I can only turn off and turn on again to regain access. I am horrified and worried about data loss

Original I plugin an additional Intel Pro 1000 PT Dual Port Server NIC during the install

after the machine hang after 1 week time for twice, I remove the card

it is better but still hang up almost every month

any idea to fix that

should I reinstall the whole thing

(i worry about wrap out all my server data and photos as I don;t have >2TB HD to backup again the 4x1TB raid)

or should I just upgrade!!!

any other has similiar experience

Speedhk

593ef3b043c9d_noresponseonlan-xpenology.jpg.b0a329b58969011daa60dad2c22e90b2.jpg

Trantor

Thank you for your great work

I have installed the firmware since Sep 2013 on a HP54L (only one hp54l on the lan and I don;t change MAC/serial no)

but one great issue annoy me without solution-the NAS disappear regularly (around once each month)

without any response

and I can only turn off and turn on again to regain access. I am horrified and worried about data loss

Original I plugin an additional Intel Pro 1000 PT Dual Port Server NIC during the install

after the machine hang after 1 week time for twice, I remove the card

it is better but still hang up almost every month

any idea to fix that

should I reinstall the whole thing

(i worry about wrap out all my server data and photos as I don;t have >2TB HD to backup again the 4x1TB raid)

or should I just upgrade!!!

any other has similiar experience

Speedhk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Synology posted an Heartbleed update yesterday for the 4.2 software, 4.2.3248. Is there a way to apply this update on my HP N54L with Trantor DSM 4.2.3211?

Me too on this, is this going to be possible?

Many Thanks,

Hi guys,

Unfortunatly the 4.2-3248 build in only available for 09 devices branch (like ds109, ds209...) : http://ukdl.synology.com/download/DSM/4.2/3248/.

An update for 4.3 build is schedule for the end of april:

If users want to stay in DSM 4.3, patch will be ready by the end of April.

When this is out, I will update my 4.3 build.

• 2 weeks later...