XPEnology Community

DSM 3617 [1.03b LOADER] not showing HDD

GeriHDHUN

• 2 months later...

@IG-88 I am writing this post on behalf of @GeriHDHUN because he thinks my English are better than his. :)

Last time you instructed him that the problem with "No HDD found" was due to the Bios Sata Controller. He changed the BIOS to "enhanced" but still there is an issue even in RedPill no HDD found. As you can see from image on his previous post back on November clearly his disks were in IDE mode. A new image the he sent me today (first attachment) I think we can clearly see that the Enhanced change in BIOS worked because the same photo now shows both drives as masters on the SATA channels.

He tried to install the RedPill loader (DS3615xs) through the TinyCore by @pocopico but when he runs the "lspci -nnq" shell command it reports that his SATA controller is still in "IDE mode". See attached second image.

Do you guys have an idea what is going on? Is this a SATA port map issue or a Bios problem?

IMG_20220117_152857.jpg.d2be0412729e7fc47d7db69b43d14c1f.thumb.jpg.b57542970015059cbd4102460e9df353.jpg

IMG_20220117_153412.jpg.1c88eb9f2472abee09d2ce38d4c4cd96.thumb.jpg.84d2bb75759c2611fca89af197ce730c.jpg

Edited by gadreel

4 minutes ago, gadreel said:

@IG-88 I am writing this post behalf of @GeriHDHUN because he thinks my English are better than his. Last time you instructed him that the problem with No HDD found was due to the Bios Sata Controller. He changed it to enhanced but still there is an issue. As you can see in the image that he sent on November clearly his disks were in IDE mode because they are marked as master/slave. A new image the he sent today I think we can clearly see that the Enhanced change in bios worked because the same photo now shows both drives as masters on the SATA channels.

He tried to install the RedPill loader through the TinyCore by @pocopico but when he runs the "lspci -nnq" shell command it reports that his SATA controller is still in "IDE mode". See attached second image.

Do you guys have an idea what is going? Is this a SATA port map issue or a Bios problem?

IMG_20220117_152857.jpg.d2be0412729e7fc47d7db69b43d14c1f.thumb.jpg.b57542970015059cbd4102460e9df353.jpg

IMG_20220117_153412.jpg.1c88eb9f2472abee09d2ce38d4c4cd96.thumb.jpg.84d2bb75759c2611fca89af197ce730c.jpg

Hi,

I tried to compile libata but failed miserably. Unless someone manages to compile libata, i'm afraid its not possible to use any dependent module.

5 minutes ago, gadreel said:

@pocopico thanks for your reply.

The question here is whether this is a problem due to a limitation of the chipset on his motherboard or we are missing something else in the BIOS...

There is no point to make the libdata to work... :) Very old technology.

Unless you can change the mode to AHCI instead of IDE it will not be possible to use it, unless you add a SATA AHCI card.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gadreel said:

I really like this idea. I will let him know. Thank you very much.

having another look at the screenshot of the bios i would say try to disable ide mode (1st switch) and sata to enhanced it the right setting  (=Sets all SATA devices to operate in SATA mode)

you could also boot a live linux and check with lspci what mode is used by looking fpr the driver  (sudo lspci -v)

"Kernel driver in use: ahci" is what it should show

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gadreel said:

Yeap, I am giving up... I do not know if @IG-88 has any aces in his sleeve

sceenshot is not lspci -v but the device id from the screenshot is 8086:27co and thats still IDE mode

8086:27c1  would be the right one

https://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/8086

27C0 - NM10/ICH7 Family SATA Controller [IDE mode]

27C1 - NM10/ICH7 Family SATA Controller [AHCI mode]

maybe make a bios reset to defaults and just change the two values about IDE disable and sata to enhanced

also try to update the bios, the old screenshot seems to be F4 and the last version would be F9

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-G41M-ES2L-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios