XPEnology Community

Running X on Xpenology?

bkm435

Hi all,

First, my continuing thanks to all of you who make Xpenology happen...it's a greater service to more people than you may ever know.

I'm running DSM5.2 and the past week or so I've been trying to get X to run on my server. After more hours not succeeding, and more self-help googling than I can remember, I'm finally raising the white flag and asking for help.

I've installed ipkg and followed the steps at http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic ... 90&t=76647. Installation seems to go without a hitch. I've added every X utility and font library I can find. I've modified my PATH to include /opt/bin:/opt/sbin. But when I try to launch startx, I get:

-ash: startx: not found.

Searching my server for the startx script suggests that it doesn't exist, although I have found this guy lurking out there:

/volume1/@appstore/debian-chroot/var/chroottarget/usr/share/man/man1/startx.1.gz

I know there must be a way to get this working but I'm at the end of my tether. In case it's not apparent, I'm a step past noob but still not versed well enough to sniff this thing out myself.

Thanks for any help you can offer!