XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 DS918+ Intel 82571 controller dual port support?

davidm71

Hi,

Not really doing my research I purchased a Intel 82571 controller from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B098L7NCM9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyhow only one of the ports is recognized and turned on. Both work in Windows 10 so guessing 6.2 support for that card is lacking.

Any way to get the drivers for that card compiled and installed turning on both ports? 

If not I'll pull the card and put it else where.

Thanks.

Thanks for the links. They do reference that the 82571 should have native support but for what ever reason

the second lan port doesn't get activated. Must be limitation in the dsm driver.  Both ports work in Windows.

I ran lspci on the devices and I see both 8086 -xxxx (don't remember will update). One has a '/' backslash before it.

Not sure what that means. 

Anyhow be easier just to buy a supported dual lan card thats on the supported thread than figure this out.

Thanks.

No I have not deactivated the built in Killer port because that one works and thought three ports would be good for bandwidth.

Not familiar with the netif_num 3 setting. Will reboot in Windows and take not of the mac addresses which I neglected to update.

Will try it out and see what happens. 

Thanks for the tip.

Thanks.

21 minutes ago, flyride said:

netif_num is for redpill loader.

If you are trying to use DS918+ and Jun's loader, you will need to modify maxlanport in /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf

My impression was that if you change it in grub it gets overwritten in synoinfo on boot? 

2 hours ago, flyride said:

netif_num is for redpill loader.

If you are trying to use DS918+ and Jun's loader, you will need to modify maxlanport in /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf

Yes I'm using DS918+ and Jun's 1.04b loader. Not sure how to modify maxianport but will attempt to ssh and figure it out.

Thanks

Edit: Thanks for the tip! It worked! Now all three ports are working!

Next was wondering do I have to do anything special such that all three lan ports are merged together?

Thanks again!

13 hours ago, davidm71 said:

same mac address.

check the grub.cfg of your loader

you will have to set three different mac addresses and the name of the variable need to be set (can be a problem when using cut&paste and not changing values)

you also would set netif_num to the value you need

set mac1=001132123456
set mac2=001132123457
set mac3=001132123458
set netif_num=3