XPEnology Community

One-way Sync options

shrabok

I was wanting to sync photos from a laptop to my nas, but Cloud Station does not support one-way sync. In this case I need to add the photos to the nas and clear the laptop.

Is there any way to have a one-way sync with xpenology (using 3rd party plugins or some other macgyvering?)

Currently I am using the CS sync and will remove the sync, but ideally long term would like a one-way sync going forward.

Any ideas/options would be appreciated.

One-way sync is called backup

For Photos you can use Photo Station on DSM and photo station uploader on laptop.

What operating system do you use?

In windows you can use command file (.bat) or just a command in cmd:

Robocopy -E c:\2 \\192.168.1.37\backup\photos\

Robocopy

-E ;copy all sub folders

c:\2 ;full path to your photos or folder what you want to backup

\\192.168.1.37\backup\photos\ ;192.168.1.37 IP of your Synology, \backup\photos path where to save files on Synology.

I was thinking about that, my only issue is I would like it to sync when new files are added since its a Windows laptop that doesn't say on all the time. Most of the photos are on the windows laptop so I think your recommendation would be the way to go. Thanks for the info.

If your photos always in one folder (Desktop\photos) then you can create .bat file, setup windows scheduler to start it every day (or hour) and all job will be done automatically. Robocopy will copy only new files. Also you can add an command that will delete all files in folder after upload.

You can use SyncToy 2.1 more easy to setup than .bat

Schedule SyncToy to Run Automatically With Task Scheduler in Windows 7