XPEnology Community

Settings for Cloud Station and a little more help please!

mene

Hello guys, since we don't have QuickConnect ID, how can we setup Cloud Station, Cloud Sync and other packages on xpenology?

Also, the last 5 days my xpenology changed 3 times ip address. Is there a way to have always the same ip address?

You receiving IP from your ISP. If you need white static IP just ask your ISP about it. It will cost some money. If you have white but dynamic IP. You can use some DDNS service. In DSM go to: Main menu -> External Access ->DDNS. Also if you have router between xpenolygy and internet you will need setup the port forwarding. Why you don't want setup Quick Connect on xpenology? You need generate serial and mac, add them to syslinux.cfg and register new Quick Connect via DSM.

Hello guys, since we don't have QuickConnect ID, how can we setup Cloud Station, Cloud Sync and other packages on xpenology?

Also, the last 5 days my xpenology changed 3 times ip address. Is there a way to have always the same ip address?

Setup a custom DDNS. Simple, fast and free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!

I finally modified syslinux.cfg and setup Quick connect ID. I tried Cloud Station but I don't like it at all. For 30 gigs of data to sync, it used 90 gigs on volum and another 30 gigs on my pc (plus the 30 gigs of the data).

I'm using DS file for remote access from Android and Sync Me app to one way sync photos/videos from the phone to NAS

• 3 months later...
Thanks guys!

I finally modified syslinux.cfg and setup Quick connect ID. I tried Cloud Station but I don't like it at all. For 30 gigs of data to sync, it used 90 gigs on volum and another 30 gigs on my pc (plus the 30 gigs of the data).

I'm using DS file for remote access from Android and Sync Me app to one way sync photos/videos from the phone to NAS

Hi could you please provide a guide on how managed to get quick connect to work. I can't register or get an id

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

mene wrote:Thanks guys!

Hi could you please provide a guide on how managed to get quick connect to work. I can't register or get an id

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

You need a valid serial and mac: https://xpenology.us/tutorials/miscellaneous/generate-valid-serial-and-mac

Posted via Xpenology.us

Setup a custom DDNS. Simple, fast and free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indeed, I use Dynu.com it's 100% free, no nag, no advertisements. Unlike no-ip or dyndns those 2 started as free then they became commercial, and make it hell to use their DDNS in a free basis

instruction to set DDNS for Dynu in Synology

https://www.dynu.com/DynamicDNS/IPUpdat ... ynologyNAS