XPEnology Community

Compiling Modules Qla2xxx strange behavior

Aigor

Hi, as you can see i'm trying to ad SCST support into synology to see if it's' possible use it as FC target, after a lot of trying i get a strange behavior

My setup

dev-machine centos7 with all rpm for kernel compiling, synogpl-sources 5644, toolchain bromolow-gcc473_glibc217_x86_64, kernel config from synotest with last xpenoboot bootloader ad last synology update, i used config.ko to retrieve running kernel config.

i have expanded braswell sources into /opt/ so i have /opt/source/linux-3.10.x folder with .config from running xpenology system

Following howto to compile modules, i use toolchain instead of native dev-machine compiler.

All kernel steps goes well all modules are correctly compiled,if i try to use newly compiled module for qla2xxx it doesn't work like the native in synology system, i don't unerstand why if the kernel it's' the same, the compiler it's the same, the .config it's the same, it seems that i lost something or xpenoboot it's' compiled with another compiler or the modules in bootimage comes from original pat file, or, i dont know :?:

Can someone helpme to undesrstand?

Many thanks

Which compiler are using to compile xpenology kernel?

i saw two of them in sourceforge repos, one called braswell and another called linux-3.2.40 bromolow the first one it seem related to kernel 3.10.35 but our arch it's' bromolow

i'm trying to use bromolow compiler to see what happens