XPEnology Community

ThorGroup - U Ok Hun?

WiteWulf

Hi @ThorGroup, not heard from you guys for three weeks now, here or Github. You okay?

Some of us are getting a little worried that Something Bad™ happened. Hope things are good, shout out if there's anything we can do to help (generally, not just regarding RedPill, okay?).

Just say "hi" if you're still around and too busy/have other things on...

Edited by WiteWulf
  • Sad 7

I am waiting for their response too! 

Want to upgrade to dsm7 to test new photostation....since a current on 6.2.3 does not support movies&pictures in the same folders.....you have to move:

Pictures into \photo\... 

And movies(those recorded with the camera) to \movies\... 

Its just to much hussle for such a, simple task. 

Othervise I will transfer my server to OMV.... 

Edited by Kamele0N
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 11:23 AM, WiteWulf said:

Hi @ThorGroup, not heard from you guys for three weeks now, here or Github. You okay?

Some of us are getting a little worried that Something Bad™ happened. Hope things are good, shout out if there's anything we can do to help (generally, not just regarding RedPill, okay?).

Just say "hi" if you're still around and too busy/have other things on...

This is highly concerning

• Like 1

10 hours ago, urundai said:

again silenced them

???, was there something like that before?

i guess a better indicator might be the availability of the github repository's, if there are legal actions thats usually one of the 1st signs as synology would send a removal request to github directly

last update on github was 31th Oct., just 6 says ago

• Like 4

On 11/6/2021 at 6:32 AM, IG-88 said:

???, was there something like that before?

i guess a better indicator might be the availability of the github repository's, if there are legal actions thats usually one of the 1st signs as synology would send a removal request to github directly

last update on github was 31th Oct., just 6 says ago

You are right, last time, I think the repo was taken down. 

Last commit on the GitHub repo by TTG was more than a month ago (shared by @WiteWulf). But, given that the repo is still there, it's unlikely due to legal action. Maybe due to some personal issues with TTG and I do hope they aren't severely impacted with anything. Wish them the best to resolve those issues quickly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brunox said:

How does it go on with RP if TTG no longer reports. then the project dies .......or someone can continue it??  I hope the guys are fine and they'll be back soon

Well yes... either someone takes over or it or it dies.... All depends if anyone else is skilled enough and willing to put time and effort into this.

I have my doubts "they" will be back, makes no sense to disappear in order to focus on a beta-version. My bet is that something personal happened. I really hope "they" will manage and continue on this project. It's nice to see how much more active the forum had become since.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

maybe they have been put off by the frustration of replying to dozens and dozens of mindless requests from posters requesting step by step install instructions, can they have a full install image regardless of being told dozens of time its includes propriety Synology code, how to get face recogonition working or a number of other out of place posts which dont add anything to the project moving forward  in a developer section when THOR Group and others have said all along it isnt even in Beta stage yet.

The same fate will fall to anyone else taking this on unless the Developer topic is kept right on track and we, including myself, who dont have the coding or analytiucal skills have the patience to leave it to the experts to hopefully bring it to a satisfactory conclusion.

Edited by DaveD
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...