XPEnology Community

Issue Installing it on Z290 MSI OR Z390 Asus

Korori

Question

I tried for hours with multiple version. I have an old MSI board that it will install no problem on. Once I change the MAC address and plug it in to either of the other Motherboards it does not get an IP. I reset the bios and even updated them to make sure. Is their a setting I am overlooking.

Thank You,

Korori

6 answers to this question

The embedded Intel LAN driver does not support newer revisions of silicon.  You can look up which are supported here and match it to the device on your motherboard:

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13922-guide-to-native-drivers-dsm-617-and-621-on-ds3615/

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/14127-guide-to-native-drivers-dsm-621-on-ds918/

Adding extra.lzma with newer driver compiles may allow your device to work:

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/28321-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm623-for-918-3615xs-3617xs/

Alternatively purchase an Intel CT PCIe card ($20) which is supported, or use a hypervisor and install XPe as a VM.

Edited by flyride

I saw that after I posted my next question is has anyone tried to use Intel PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter or the ASUS XG-C100C 10G Network Adapter Pci-E X4 Card with Single RJ-45 Port. Also The cheapest I seen the Intel CT PCIe cards are close to $40. 

On 10/27/2021 at 2:37 PM, Korori said:

I saw that after I posted my next question is has anyone tried to use Intel PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter or the ASUS XG-C100C 10G Network Adapter Pci-E X4 Card with Single RJ-45 Port. Also The cheapest I seen the Intel CT PCIe cards are close to $40. 

I just tried to use a dual port Intel 82571 controller and only one of the rj-45 ports was functional.  The other one was lame. Was able to dual boot Windows and both ports worked there. The 82571 card claimed Ubuntu support so I hoped it would work like I wanted but it did not. Got to say though the throughput was insane with three rj-45 ports total. 

21 hours ago, davidm71 said:

I just tried to use a dual port Intel 82571 controller and only one of the rj-45 ports was functional.  The other one was lame. Was able to dual boot Windows and both ports worked there. The 82571 card claimed Ubuntu support so I hoped it would work like I wanted but it did not. Got to say though the throughput was insane with three rj-45 ports total. 

I think by default 918 only supports 2 nics natively, using 3615\17 would open up the possibility of up to 4 nics. Maybe custom configs could be added in the grub but thats above my knowledge.

15 minutes ago, merve04 said:

I think by default 918 only supports 2 nics natively, using 3615\17 would open up the possibility of up to 4 nics. Maybe custom configs could be added in the grub but thats above my knowledge.

Flyride came up with a solution that worked for me. Had to edit sysoinfo.conf file and change maxlanport setting to 3 from 2. This worked. Now have to figure out if I need to do anything special to combine all the lan ports into one..

Thanks