Issue Installing it on Z290 MSI OR Z390 Asus

Go to solution Solved by flyride,

Question

I tried for hours with multiple version. I have an old MSI board that it will install no problem on. Once I change the MAC address and plug it in to either of the other Motherboards it does not get an IP. I reset the bios and even updated them to make sure. Is their a setting I am overlooking.

Thank You,

Korori

5 answers to this question

• Solution

The embedded Intel LAN driver does not support newer revisions of silicon.  You can look up which are supported here and match it to the device on your motherboard:

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13922-guide-to-native-drivers-dsm-617-and-621-on-ds3615/

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/14127-guide-to-native-drivers-dsm-621-on-ds918/

Adding extra.lzma with newer driver compiles may allow your device to work:

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/28321-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm623-for-918-3615xs-3617xs/

Alternatively purchase an Intel CT PCIe card ($20) which is supported, or use a hypervisor and install XPe as a VM.

Edited by flyride

I saw that after I posted my next question is has anyone tried to use Intel PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter or the ASUS XG-C100C 10G Network Adapter Pci-E X4 Card with Single RJ-45 Port. Also The cheapest I seen the Intel CT PCIe cards are close to $40. 

On 10/27/2021 at 2:37 PM, Korori said:

I saw that after I posted my next question is has anyone tried to use Intel PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter or the ASUS XG-C100C 10G Network Adapter Pci-E X4 Card with Single RJ-45 Port. Also The cheapest I seen the Intel CT PCIe cards are close to $40. 

I just tried to use a dual port Intel 82571 controller and only one of the rj-45 ports was functional.  The other one was lame. Was able to dual boot Windows and both ports worked there. The 82571 card claimed Ubuntu support so I hoped it would work like I wanted but it did not. Got to say though the throughput was insane with three rj-45 ports total. 

21 hours ago, davidm71 said:

I just tried to use a dual port Intel 82571 controller and only one of the rj-45 ports was functional.  The other one was lame. Was able to dual boot Windows and both ports worked there. The 82571 card claimed Ubuntu support so I hoped it would work like I wanted but it did not. Got to say though the throughput was insane with three rj-45 ports total. 

I think by default 918 only supports 2 nics natively, using 3615\17 would open up the possibility of up to 4 nics. Maybe custom configs could be added in the grub but thats above my knowledge.

15 minutes ago, merve04 said:

I think by default 918 only supports 2 nics natively, using 3615\17 would open up the possibility of up to 4 nics. Maybe custom configs could be added in the grub but thats above my knowledge.

Flyride came up with a solution that worked for me. Had to edit sysoinfo.conf file and change maxlanport setting to 3 from 2. This worked. Now have to figure out if I need to do anything special to combine all the lan ports into one..

Thanks