XPEnology Community

HP NL54 + Expansion card.

ChrisMarriott

So i've been running DSM 5.2 for a LONG time, and saw that 6.2.3 should work. I took the time to upgrade the HDD's.

I currently have 4 bays in use in the main part and added in a P410i card which always before on 5.2 had no issues seeing the drives and configuring those.

Since putting a fresh install of 6.2.3 on with the 1.3b Jun's boot loader the drives on the Addin card no longer show up. I was wondering if anyone has an idea to either A - get the P410i working or for another addin card to be swapped out for to allow the extra 2x 3.5" HDD's to be accessible. 

Thanks

Chris

12 hours ago, Dvalin21 said:

Its sounds like the driver that was being used in 5.2 is not available in 6.2.X I would try using the extra.lzma when creating you usb. 

I don't suppose you happen to know a guide or the best way about this? While I've been trying to get this new version installed i have seen people mention that word a couple of times, but I'm a fairly good long term windows user but not that familiar with Linux and such bases. So unsure the best way to approach it.

Just had a look about. I don't think i'd want to risk it. Is there a specific add on card that would work drop in style? Or a list of supported Addin card hardware?

Looks like a LSI SAS 9207-8i may be a drop in? Anyone able to confirm? on DSM 6.2.3 

Edited by ChrisMarriott