XPEnology Community

Can't flash Mac

Stargate

Hi, could anybody help me flash the mac in my Samsung Nc10 netbook? I followed this guide http://xpenology.me/how-to-change-and-flash-mac/ with no luck. Once I boot into ms-dos and type in the command I get "error 040: no network interface found".

My netbook has a Marvel Yukon 88E8040 adapter. I have used the command yukonvod.exe and got that error. I even created a autoexec.bat but with no results. Isn't that Marvel model supported by the utility? Anyone succeded in flashing it?

Thank you very much.

With the new xpenology bootloader you don't need to flash a Mac.

You only need to set a serial and Mac in the bootloader and you're done.

Currently on phone, will look tomorrow for a tutorial.

Really? No need to flash the mac address? :shock: Is that bootloader also available for 32bit systems? My netbook cpu is 32 bits.

I would really appreciate the tutorial. Thank you very much.

I had the same issue, didn't know how it worked but its quite easy.

First go to https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... DDF81C!168

and copy the serial number to word/notepad whatever

then click on the tab 'Synology MAC and copy that mac address also

(remove the ':') from the mac address like 00-11-32-25-8D-AD = 001132258DAD

then open the usb shared folder (the boot usb) on your syno on DSM or FTP/SMB etc.

Edit the syslinux.cfg with notepad or an other text editor.

you'll see:

LABEL xpenology
      MENU LABEL XPEnology DSM 5.2-5644
      KERNEL /zImage
      APPEND root=/dev/md0 ihd_num=0 netif_num=4 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs sn=B3J4N01003 vid=0x0EA0 pid=0x2168 loglevel=0 vga=0x305

Now change the 'sn' and add the mac address like this:

LABEL xpenology
      MENU LABEL XPEnology DSM 5.2-5644
      KERNEL /zImage
      APPEND root=/dev/md0 ihd_num=0 netif_num=4 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs sn=SERIALNUMBER mac1= MACADDDRESS vid=0x0EA0 pid=0x2168 loglevel=0 vga=0x305

and save it the the boot usb. Now reboot and its done.

The Mac address must match the serialnumber. You cant use the default nic address. Otherwise synology won't accept it.

Synology will not accept it for what purpose exactly? To abuse it's online services??

I have used the NIC MAC addresses and my Xpenology works just fine from the exception that I can't use quickconnect and such other online features. You can easily bypass that by using a custom DDNS provider. As for WOL, it also works fine with the NIC's MAC addresses. At least it does for me.

Also what about if you have several NICs? That excel sheet only provides a valid pair for 1 serial > 1 MAC at a time.

Yes, you need a valid MAC address for synology services. While I can use all the services now, I still can't enable WOL. Isn't this related to the server? I have WOL enabled in the bios and it works fine.

My question was rhetorical.

I believe that abusing Synology's online services doesn't do any good to Xpenology. I wouldn't be surprised if Synology tracks those who are abusing their service.

As for WOL it is not related to Synology's servers. This is a feature of the NIC and you do not even need to be connected to the Internet to use WOL.

As for your case of WOL not working there could be many reasons to this but my first thought is that your NIC might not be fully compatible with DSM. You need to check HERE

I managed to activate Wol. Thank you. But I don't know hot to schedule an automatic boot. I've entered the aettings and activated it, but it does not work. However, scheduled shutdown does work.

Any help?

Thank you veru much.

Make sure your bios is configured correctly and that if you scheduled a shutdown prior a boot make sure it has enough time to shutdown completly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk