XPEnology Community

xpenology dell t410

zman

I am trying to install Xpenology on my Dell T410 but i never installed Xpenology on anything. I know my computer is dated but I was hoping to install xpenology because I hate OMV i hate command lines. What is the latest version my server can handle? how hard is it to install and how hard is it to install the updates/packages.

Thanks 

zman

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

Based on this you would need to install DS3615xs or DS3617xs with loader 1.03b if you want the latest functioning version 6.2.3.  Note you must download the exact 6.2.3-25426 version as the latest 6.2.4 and 7.0.1 builds do not work with the released loader.

It's not difficult to install if you follow the FAQ and tutorials closely.  But it can be a bit finicky as it is, at its core, a hack of a purpose-built software/hardware system.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 3:06 AM, zman said:

I am trying to install Xpenology on my Dell T410 but i never installed Xpenology on anything. I know my computer is dated but I was hoping to install xpenology because I hate OMV i hate command lines. What is the latest version my server can handle? how hard is it to install and how hard is it to install the updates/packages.

Thanks 

zman

DId you get it to boot with no issue?