XPEnology Community

Few quik questions about DSM

Mr_Thomasz

Planning to build my own home server in this week but got a few questions.

1. On the usb stick where you image XPEnoboot is no settings stored like RAID config and other important stuff? I Suppose this all stored on the hard drives? So when my USB stick fails I can just buy a new one and image XPEnzoboot again?

2. So for an example all my hardware fails exept my hard drivers in RAID I can just buy a new system with different hardware and plug in a new USB stick with EPEnzoboot and it recognize the RAID setup and is up and running again?

Thanks for the help people :smile:

1. On the usb stick where you image XPEnoboot is no settings stored like RAID config and other important stuff? I Suppose this all stored on the hard drives? So when my USB stick fails I can just buy a new one and image XPEnzoboot again?

2. So for an example all my hardware fails exept my hard drivers in RAID I can just buy a new system with different hardware and plug in a new USB stick with EPEnzoboot and it recognize the RAID setup and is up and running again?

1) Correct, only the bootloader is installed on the USB stick.

2) The software DSM uses is mdadm raid, a generic linux raid. So yea, if you know the commands, you can recover from the hardware fails.

1) Correct, only the bootloader is installed on the USB stick.

2) The software DSM uses is mdadm raid, a generic linux raid. So yea, if you know the commands, you can recover from the hardware fails.

Thanks for the help.