Redpill - extension driver/modules request


Recommended Posts

Has anyone been able to get an X550-T2 (or any other 10gbe card) to link at 2.5gbe speeds with a DS918 build? 3617 it'll do fine but on 918 I'm only given 100,1000,10000 speeds.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the following devices compatible with DSM 7 and the driver extensions yet?

 

I'm currently testing with TinyLoader and have these device on my production systems:

Serial Attached SCSI controller [0107]: Broadcom / LSI SAS3008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-3 [1000:0097] (rev 02)

 

and

 

Serial Attached SCSI controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS3008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-3 (rev 02)

 

Many thanks,

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, killseeker said:

Are the following devices compatible with DSM 7 and the driver extensions yet?

 

I'm currently testing with TinyLoader and have these device on my production systems:

Serial Attached SCSI controller [0107]: Broadcom / LSI SAS3008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-3 [1000:0097] (rev 02)

 

and

 

Serial Attached SCSI controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS3008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-3 (rev 02)

 

Many thanks,

You will have to test yourself. But if i am not mistaken for the first one you wil need mpt3sas. But try just with the build in pci discovery:

sudo ./rploader.sh ext bromolow-7.0.1-42218 auto

For me it worked with bromolow but it didn't find any hdd with the apollolake.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Unregistrado said:

You will have to test yourself. But if i am not mistaken for the first one you wil need mpt3sas. But try just with the build in pci discovery:

sudo ./rploader.sh ext bromolow-7.0.1-42218 auto

For me it worked with bromolow but it didn't find any hdd with the apollolake.

I believe it works for 3615XS but could have some compatibility issues with 3617XS systems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2022 at 5:29 PM, Unregistrado said:

You will have to test yourself. But if i am not mistaken for the first one you wil need mpt3sas. But try just with the build in pci discovery:

sudo ./rploader.sh ext bromolow-7.0.1-42218 auto

For me it worked with bromolow but it didn't find any hdd with the apollolake.

so this means the redpill tinycore should be booted on the system/hardware that will run it so that it can autodetect the hardware installed? any gotchas on uefi boot?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Black6spdZ said:

so this means the redpill tinycore should be booted on the system/hardware that will run it so that it can autodetect the hardware installed? any gotchas on uefi boot?

Yes, it will create what is needed to boot Synology. When you are done building and restart it will automatically start with the xpenology partition. No idea about uefi.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Synology is sending out updates during the install process. If you are having issues installing fine and then the first reboot it wants to migrate, you need to cut your internet or block synology's servers.

 

Ran into this issue last night working on a DS3617 box

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking for some help with a quad-port, x553 Intel on-board driver, please.

 

It should work with the ixgbe driver, however it doesn't seem to be. 

 

DS918+ Apollolake-7.0.1-42218

 

It builds fine, but it's not grabbing an IP address from any of the ports. I even tried manually assigning my MAC address in the json file with no luck.

Also tried manually adding the other ixg* extensions with no success either.

 

Works perfectly in TinyCore, just not RedPill.

 

I had it working with Jun's loader along with an upgraded extras file. 

 

I'm going to try other builds after some sleep, but any assistance would be appreciated.

 

FWIW I can get it going with an old Intel e1000e PCIe and ASUS, Atlantic 10GB card but I'd rather use the onboard nics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!!

 

 Requesting the following to be added LSI Fusion-MPT base driver (mptbase, but you have it marked as mptsas) updated to 4.28.20.01. 

Ran sudo kmod list, lspci -vvv, and dmesg attached files.  If there is anything that I've missed I apologize. I had ran dmesg when ssh into tinycore and never did I see mptbase or the other mpt that are used come up. I know mptsas, mpt2sas, and mpt3sas are not used. I received a list of the updated modules from here. LSI MPT Fusion Modules Let me know if there is any more information you need. Thanks in advance and all the hard work.

dmesg kmod list lspci

Edited by Dvalin21
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2022 at 12:07 AM, Dvalin21 said:

Hello!!

 

 Requesting the following to be added LSI Fusion-MPT base driver (mptbase, but you have it marked as mptsas) updated to 4.28.20.01. 

Ran sudo kmod list, lspci -vvv, and dmesg attached files.  If there is anything that I've missed I apologize. I had ran dmesg when ssh into tinycore and never did I see mptbase or the other mpt that are used come up. I know mptsas, mpt2sas, and mpt3sas are not used. I received a list of the updated modules from here. LSI MPT Fusion Modules Let me know if there is any more information you need. Thanks in advance and all the hard work.

dmesg 2.23 kB · 1 download kmod list 6.69 kB · 2 downloads lspci 2.9 kB · 0 downloads

@pocopico With better understanding from your reply in the other thread, I need to request for modules mptctl, mptscsih, megaraid_mm, megaraid_mbox, mptbase, scsi_transport_spi Thanks in advance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a DELL H310 raid card(passthrough it mode),I tried to use "aacraid" and"mpt2sas",but it can't be drivered.Could you made a ext for it?

 

Loader version and type (918+):  redpill apollolake-7.0.1-42218(rp-helper.sh)

DSM version in use (including critical update): DSM7.0.1-42218

Using custom modules/ramdisk? If yes which one?:  pocopico aacraid,mpt2sas

Hardware details:  Motherboard:  B460MOTOR;  HBA card:  DELL H310

Edited by Derrik
Link to post
Share on other sites

filename:       /home/hang/mpt3sas.ko
alias:          mpt2sas
version:        22.00.00.00
license:        GPL
description:    LSI MPT Fusion SAS 3.0 & SAS 3.5 Device Driver
author:         Avago Technologies <MPT-FusionLinux.pdl@avagotech.com>
srcversion:     80624A1362CD953ED59AF65
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000D2sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000D1sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000D0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000ACsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000ABsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000AAsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000AFsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000AEsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000ADsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000C3sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000C2sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000C1sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000C0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000C8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000C7sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000C6sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000C5sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000C4sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000000C9sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000095sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000094sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000091sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000090sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000097sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000096sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d0000007Esv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d000002B0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d0000006Esv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000087sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000086sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000085sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000084sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000083sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000082sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000081sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000080sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000065sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000064sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000077sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000076sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000074sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000072sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v00001000d00000070sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
depends:        
retpoline:      Y
vermagic:       4.4.180+ SMP mod_unload 
parm:           logging_level: bits for enabling additional logging info (default=0)
parm:           sdev_queue_depth: globally setting SAS device queue depth 
parm:           max_sectors:max sectors, range 64 to 32767  default=32767 (ushort)
parm:           command_retry_count: Device discovery TUR command retry count: (default=144) (int)
parm:           missing_delay: device missing delay , io missing delay (array of int)
parm:           host_lock_mode:Enable SCSI host lock if set to 1(default=0) (int)
parm:           max_lun: max lun, default=16895  (int)
parm:           hbas_to_enumerate: 0 - enumerates all SAS 2.0, SAS3.0 & above generation HBAs
                  1 - enumerates only SAS 2.0 generation HBAs
                  2 - enumerates SAS 3.0 & above generation HBAs (default=-1, Enumerates all SAS 2.0, SAS 3.0 & above generation HBAs else SAS 3.0 & above generation HBAs only) (int)
parm:           mpt3sas_multipath: enabling mulipath support for target resets (default=0) (int)
parm:           multipath_on_hba: Multipath support to add same target device
         as many times as it is visible to HBA from various paths
         (by default: 
             SAS 2.0,SAS 3.0 HBA & SAS3.5 HBA-This will be disabled) (int)
parm:           disable_eedp: disable EEDP support: (default=0) (uint)
parm:           diag_buffer_enable: post diag buffers (TRACE=1/SNAPSHOT=2/EXTENDED=4/default=0) (int)
parm:           disable_discovery: disable discovery  (int)
parm:           allow_drive_spindown: allow host driver to issue START STOP UNIT(STOP) command to spindown the drive before shut down or driver unload, default=1, 
         Dont spindown any SATA drives =0 /    Spindown SSD but not HDD = 1/     Spindown HDD but not SSD =2/  Spindown all SATA drives =3 (uint)
parm:           prot_mask: host protection capabilities mask, def=0x7f (int)
parm:           protection_guard_mask: host protection algorithm mask, def=3  (int)
parm:           issue_scsi_cmd_to_bringup_drive: allow host driver to issue SCSI commands to bring the drive to READY state, default=1  (int)
parm:           sata_smart_polling: poll for smart errors on SATA drives: (default=0) (uint)
parm:           max_queue_depth: max controller queue depth  (int)
parm:           max_sgl_entries: max sg entries  (int)
parm:           msix_disable: disable msix routed interrupts (default=0) (int)
parm:           smp_affinity_enable:SMP affinity feature enable/disbale Default: enable(1) (int)
parm:           max_msix_vectors: max msix vectors (int)
parm:           mpt3sas_fwfault_debug: enable detection of firmware fault and halt firmware - (default=0)
 

Edited by Derrik
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Derrik said:

I have a DELL H310 raid card(passthrough it mode),I tried to use "aacraid" and"mpt2sas",but it can't be drivered.Could you made a ext for it?

 

Loader version and type (918+):  redpill apollolake-7.0.1-42218(rp-helper.sh)

DSM version in use (including critical update): DSM7.0.1-42218

Using custom modules/ramdisk? If yes which one?:  pocopico aacraid,mpt2sas

Hardware details:  Motherboard:  B460MOTOR;  HBA card:  DELL H310

01:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Broadcom / LSI SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] [1000:0072] (rev 03)

I can find my corresponding id in the mpt2sas&mpt3sas

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Derrik said:

01:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Broadcom / LSI SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] [1000:0072] (rev 03)

I can find my corresponding id in the mpt2sas&mpt3sas

If they arent working try mptsas and I'd that don't work try megaraid_sas

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.