XPEnology Community

Loading DSM 4.1 on N54L please help

glenncol

Hello all.

I have recently purchased a HP N54L microserver and would love to install the Synology OS on it.

I have come across this page and followed the instructions but got stuck.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17

At Step 6 i did as requested and booted off the USB stick and got the DOS type screen as indicated

This is where i got lost, it stayed on that screen and did not come up with the Synology Assistant screen like in step 7

I was wondering if you could shed any light in this or have other instructions on how to do it?

Thanks heaps

shteve

Thank heaps mate, got it going like a beauty

I have one quick question

When trying to add some add-ins via the package center, it asks where you want them installed and only gives the option of the HD's not you USB drive

Is this the norm?

I would have preferred the OS and add-ins being running form the same drive

OS is installed on system partitions on ALL your hard drives. Data partitions, combined in RAID is for user volumes and applications installed there. If there are multiple volumes, you can select them as a destination for applications. USB flash is for bootloader only. Nothing else goes there.

OS is installed on system partitions on ALL your hard drives. Data partitions, combined in RAID is for user volumes and applications installed there. If there are multiple volumes, you can select them as a destination for applications. USB flash is for bootloader only. Nothing else goes there.

Thank you XPEH that clears things up

Great forum guys with a bunch of very helpful people, thanks heaps