XPEnology Community

[SOLVED] Basic Information for connecting for First time?

old

I'm new to xpenology and to synology. It was uber easy for me to install Synology DS3612xs - DSM 4.2 build 3202 on my new gigabyte GA-E350N Win8, but I just can't seem to set the ip address correctly. It's weird, even though I can connect to it using webman, the xpenology box doesn't appear in the connections on my pfSense router. (under Status, DHCP leases.) I try to change the domain on the xpenology server to put it on the pfSense domain 192.168.1.x, but it seems to stay on another domain 169.254.109.205. I feel like I need a more basic resource to help guide me. Anyone know a good site to refer me to ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Guest

I'm new to xpenology and to synology. It was uber easy for me to install Synology DS3612xs - DSM 4.2 build 3202 on my new gigabyte GA-E350N Win8, but I just can't seem to set the ip address correctly. It's weird, even though I can connect to it using webman, the xpenology box doesn't appear in the connections on my pfSense router. (under Status, DHCP leases.) I try to change the domain on the xpenology server to put it on the pfSense domain 192.168.1.x, but it seems to stay on another domain 169.254.109.205. I feel like I need a more basic resource to help guide me. Anyone know a good site to refer me to ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi mate,

Try the 4.2 3211 x64 version. Maybe it's working well

oh shoot; I had just gotten home from climbing way up on mount Hood and was delerious because I'm way out of shape. I had managed to plug my network cables into the wrong places. So my xpe server and my win box were both not connected into my lan, but they each were able to see each other (being connected to the same switch.) So, problem solved. Thanks for the help again, Schnapps.

oh shoot; I had just gotten home from climbing way up on mount Hood and was delerious because I'm way out of shape. I had managed to plug my network cables into the wrong places. So my xpe server and my win box were both not connected into my lan, but they each were able to see each other (being connected to the same switch.) So, problem solved. Thanks for the help again, Schnapps.

Well, with pleasure! For nothing! :smile: