XPEnology Community

N3150 hung at Loading zImage

dml33

Hi.

I am just trying to install XPEnology in a N3150-itx motherboard, but, every time it gets stuck in "Loading zImage" :sad:

From http://download.xpenology.fr I have tried:

• XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.1-5055.1.img
    XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5565.2.img
    XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5592.2.img

From http://xpenology.pety.me/ I tried an old NanoBoot. It also loads the zImage and gets stuck at "ready". It does not boot either

• NanoBoot-5.0.4.1-fat.img

FreeNAS 9.3.1. boots correctly. I also tested successfully the RAM memory with MemTest86.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks!

Hi.

I have tried the 6 ports at the rear panel: 2 USB2 and 4 USB3, plus 1 USB 2 and 1 USB 3 at the front of the case. In all of them, the grub menu appears, the Loading /zImage... OK, as well, but it always stops there...

I have default UEFI settings in BIOS. (V1.30). Also, I tried disabling WIFI signal, com serial and setting primary VGA onboard.

I have connected the PC to a TV via HDMI-HDMI and DVI-Hdmi. Also, to a monitor HDMI-DVI.

Any more ideas? If it works for you, please help me to find the correct way

Thanks!

I have 3700-itx with default UEFI settings in BIOS(V1.30). I just change the settings about Fan control and VGA, so I don't think it matters.

I use a USB 3.0 memory stick and the latest iso file to create a bootable device. When I plug it into USB3.0 port, I met the same problem just like you. BUT when I plug it into USB2.0 port besides ps/2 port, it boots properly.

By the way, I use UltraISO to create the bootable device, but I have tested to use Win32 Disk Imager and img file to create a bootable device, it seems OK. Also I have change the VID & PID in syslinux.cfg.

I don't know if it matters, but I hope this can helps you. Try to use another usb stick and create the bootloader in a different way.

• 1 month later...