XPEnology Community

time backup freeze

reziel84

hi

i use a esxi 6.0 on microserver HP proliant nl40 and install last xpenoboot "XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5644.1.vmdk" and this DSM file "DSM 5.2-5644 Update-1".

i try to install the same file on my other esxi 6.0 machine on asus maxhimus impact vii with intel i5 4440 and i have the same freeze.

when i try to install time backup the DSM freeze and after a reboot also xpenoboot still frezing and i should only reinstall DSM.

can you help me?

Hi,

same issue

Server HP Microserver Gen8, XPEnoboot DS3615xs_5.2-5644, update 1 (all manual installed), everything works fine until I load the package Time Backup from Synology Add-on Packages (Paketzentrum). After starting Time Backup, the whole system froze. No reboot possible.

- is this a known issue or new to 5644.1?

- does it make sens to downgrade to lets say 5565? I don't need the latest version, but it should be more or less stable.

- I was aware that updates of the core-DSM directly from Synology aren't possible, does this know apply to all packages also from their add-on's?

- Are there other synology packages (plugins) known for incompatibilities with xpenology?

- Is there an alternative to TimeBackup (including versioning and hard links), maybe rsnapshot. How do you backup data from xpenology?

Any help highly appreciated

and thanks for this wonderful software

Hi

Please post info about your configuration, boot image, system version, lan card, etc

HP ProLiant MicroServer (Gen8, G1610T, 1P, 4 GB-U, B120i, SATA-Server)

USB Stick internal slot, one Sata 500 GB (HD501LJ)

XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5644.1

DSM_DS3615xs_5644(28.10.2015)

synology_bromolow_3615xs

After this I tried XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5592.2 with DSM_DS3615xs_5592, no updates.

Up to now TimeBackup is working. Seems to be ok now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...