XPEnology Community

How to tell if iGPU is been used for HW transcoding DS918+ (Esxi)

scoobdriver

I have managed to validate this , to update - I installed Jellyfin in docker , and was able to observe that HW transcoding is been used , using the iGPU passed through from ESXi (Intel 630 UHD, on i5-8500T ) 

Good news ! a separate Graphics card is not needed for HW transcoding ! 

In Jellyfin I can select HW transcoding , which does not spike the CPU , (with HW transcoding disabled I see 90% cpu) 

I did the same but HW transcoding does not work. How die you setup the docker file? /dev/dri:/dev/dri

Thank you.

Context @ 0x56337b535b00] libva: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so has no function __vaDriverInit_1_0
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x56337b535b00] Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error).
Error creating a QSV device
qsv hwaccel requested for input stream #0:0, but cannot be initialized.
[hevc_qsv @ 0x56337b549880] Error initializing the MFX video decoder: invalid handle (-6)
Error while decoding stream #0:0: Invalid argument

14 minutes ago, tdse13 said:

I did the same but HW transcoding does not work. How die you setup the docker file? /dev/dri:/dev/dri

I added the following under devices in the docker json file . (Iv'e now also done this with plex , and that is also HW transcoding with Plex Pass) 

"devices" : [
      {
         "CgroupPermissions" : "rwm",
         "PathInContainer" : "/dev/dri",
         "PathOnHost" : "/dev/dri"
      }
   ],

I also chmod 666 /dev/dri/ (not Sure if this was necessary . I added my docker user to the video group )