XPEnology Community

loosing connection to server

cd_sg

Hi folks,

need some advice.

For quite a while I'm having below issue and can't find a solution.

I'm on DSM 5.2-5592 Update 4 and desktop is an iMac on El Capitan. Usually I have at start up all my shared folders connected automatically. Recently it won't work, manually to try to connect doesn't work as the NAS won't accept user and password. On the NAS itself I noticed it can't connect to internet when I go to restore & update also Plex server tends just to stop running. Plus resource monitor won't start with connection error. I once deleted the network settings and set up from fresh and it seemed to be fine but not anymore. I have a fixed IP and manual gateway configured. Just drives me nuts. In notificatons I see that snmp failed to start, do I need this ? If yes how to start ?

btw the original DS411j dowsn't show this behaviour

any tips are supi dupi appreciated - thanks

PS: found the snmp thingy and I don't need that whu would it try to start it ?

• 1 month later...

since I seemed to be the only one here I wanted to clarify what the issue was in case someone else bumps into it:

with El Capitan Apple seems to ditch afp protocol and seems to prefer smb, accordingly since this was an upgrade all my settings and credentials were stored with afp. After changing to smb it seems to work btw I discovered recently controlplane to automate login