XPEnology Community

Xpenology on HP MicroServer Gen10

root123

Hello,

Hello, I´m trying install xpenoboot on my HP server, after booting i see screen with text "Screen will stop updating shortly, please open http://find.synology.com to continue."

but server cant get IP address from DHCP.

I modified pid, vid and mac address in grub.cfg file

Specs of HW:

AMD Opteron X3216 3 GHz, RAM 16GB DDR4

Any insights?

Thanks

Chances are your onboard NIC is not supported by the version of DSM you're trying to install. Older versions of DSM had drivers in the kernel that supported the onboard NICs in HP Microservers, but after a certain point (I'm afraid I can't recall when, but around 6.2) Synology dropped the driver from the kernel. I have a Gen 8 Microserver that suffered from this and had to buy a compatible PCIe NIC to continue to be able to run later releases. Have a search of the forum and you'll find more details. FWIW I bought a "HP NC360T Dual-Port Gigabit NIC PCI-E", you should be able to find one on fleabay for ~£15. Your other option is to the virtualisation route and not install on bare metal.

From the spec you gave, it looks like you're running a Gen 10 Microserver. There are plenty of threads on here from other folk running the same hardware as you, so it's certainly possible.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

i have to push this topic, cause i shotted my HP Microserver GEN 10 running with DSM (think 918+) while trying it to refresh it with RPL or ARPL...

so i have possibly garbaged all of my downloaded, created and collected files...  :-( 

So i need some help after trying all possible Installation methods here provided without success...

most of them with Error "... file ist corrupt" 
some of them device not shown in Synology Manager or Web Interface "find.synology.com".....

as long there are no longer elder *.pat files to find at synology's..

ist there any help (possibly loader and pat file) which ran succesfully an this machine .. extra.lmz ??

Technical Data here

Processor (1) AMD Opteron™ X3216 (1.6-3.0GHz/2-core/1MB/12-15W) Processor
Memory 8GB (1 x 8GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 UDIMM
Notes: Total of 2 DIMM slots.With X3216 processor, memory speed supports up to 1600 MT/s.
Network Controller Embedded Broadcom BCM5720 Dual Port 1Gbe LOM
Storage Controller Embedded Marvell 88SE9230 SATA controller
PCI-Express Slots 2 standard (Low Profile) PCIe 3.0

Thanks a lot