XPEnology Community

Synology Drive sharesync Status Abnormal

PeteB2000

Hi,

I have a synology 216play 6.2.4-25556 update 1 and a pc running Juns 104 I think with DSM 6.2.2-24922 update 3, I use the 2 servers as backups more or less of each other with data and music movies etc copied between both automatically using Synlogy Drive sharesync and up until I updated my 216 play to 6.2.4-25556 update 1 its all worked fantastic and theyve been rock solid, now I'm getting the above message with incompatible package version. Please check if synology drive server on remote and local nas are running the same version.

Is there a way just to update drive sharesync, should I update my xpen pc to DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 3 would I still have the same message as they will still be different DSM versions the thing is they have been different versions as the proper synology has had updates from time to time it seems this version has broken it or should I be looking and different software.

I setup this pc about 2 years ago I think and I cannot for the life of me remember what I did lol, I just remember it wasnt easy thats why Im not keen to update the dsm on the xpen pc.

Hope this makes sense to someone

Cheers Pete