XPEnology Community

Sony play tv tuner with xpenology

Johno

Hi guys,

I have a hp n54 running xpenology and I have a Sony play tv tuner lying around doing nothing so does anybody know if it's possible to get the tuner working with my setup and tvheadend? I tried connecting the tuner but tvheadend didn't find it so not sure if I'm doing something wrong?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Johno

You will need to install TVHeadend via Debian Chroot as the community package does not include the required kernel modules to access the hardware. Alternatively, I think you can work around this with VideoStation running as this loads the modules.

I have had a Sony Play TV tuner working on earlier versions of DSM, but have not tested it recently.

• 1 month later...

Ok I've downloaded the driver that's recommended to use with the play tv and Linux but I'm unsure where I need to put the driver to use it with xpenology?? Can anyone help? And it says something about updating the kernels? How do I do that with xpenology or is there a version of xpenology I can install with all this done? I'm in the process of backing up my data so I can install another drive and will reconfigure xpenology so happy to do a fresh install if needed.