Sign in to follow this  
UNSC-117

Cluster

Can we make a cluster out of bare metal system

ex. 3 identical system to create a cluster is it possible?

Not trying to do a HA. if not a cluster of 3 or more systems meaning ig i have 3 identical system and all have lets say 5 bay 2tb on each bay a total of of 10tb on each server. once cluster is created it would be 30tb in total

Ok I get it.

I've not seen anything in DSM or Synology that talks about creating a single volume across several DSM Servers, its a clever idea though. I guess it would be emulating a diskstation with 2 expansion units or 'master' DSM and two 'slaves'

However, thinking of the costs/complexity, it might be cheaper and easier to setup a single server with say a 12 drive system of 3tb drives? :smile:

DSM is not a cluster based system. It can do High Availability which is different as you've pointed out.

it is cheaper but having 3 systems makes a powerful server since every single system will have its on cpu and ram . sad tough is not possible

Ok I get it.

I've not seen anything in DSM or Synology that talks about creating a single volume across several DSM Servers, its a clever idea though. I guess it would be emulating a diskstation with 2 expansion units or 'master' DSM and two 'slaves'

However, thinking of the costs/complexity, it might be cheaper and easier to setup a single server with say a 12 drive system of 3tb drives? :smile:

Sign in to follow this