XPEnology Community

Network issues after migration install to DSM 6.2.3 [DS918+] from 6.1.7 [DS3615xs]

Vargaas

Hi,

I think i messed up by upgrading to DSM 6.2.3 on my system (bare metal).

I was cautious and installed a fresh copy on a separate drive and that seemed to work, but the upgrade on the actual production system is not working as expected.

The issue is that the Network 'work normally' a very short while, then the DSM 'hangs' and I get forcefully logged out. When I log back in the NICS is gone. (On first login the NICS shows up and it even connects to my VPN provider automatically).
This is reproducible on every system restart.

I think some drivers are missing or is crashing?

My system:

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100T

Motherboard: Gigabyte H170N-WIFI
Network 1: Intel I211
Network 2: Intel I219-V

Tried the extra.lzma files for 6.2.3 for DS918 with no luck (and then i stumbled on someone saying Intel NICS is not supported due to Synology driver signing or something like that?)
Then i tried to migrate to 6.2.3 but to DS3615|DS3617 using various tutorials here, but then the system is unresponsive and not picked up by my network or in synology assistant. no idea why that is happening.

My Bios|Uefi is set to Legacy Boot mode.

Just want a working system, does anyone have any ideas?
If I need a separate Network PCI card to get DS918+ version to work, what card should I purchase? (If thats the solution?)

Best Regards

Ofcourse I was able to solve it by myself..

The issue was the .xpenoboot folder that has remained since dinosaurs roamed the world..
That explains why my clean install was working flawlessly.

This topic explains and shows fix.

For me it was timing that caused an issue as well due to the network only worked for like one minute, so i got to do it fast.

• 1 month later...