XPEnology Community

Intel N3150/N3700 compatibility?

best74

Question

kool, thanks for the reply's.. I'm looking into building one for myself. Just gotta do some testing as my current DS23j is running as mail server. I gotta try out what happens with DSM & mail settings, when you update boot loader and DSM.

running fine on asrock n3700 itx the only problem is that xpenology isnt able to handle the burst frequency so the system run only at 1.6ghz maximum not 2.4 like should be.

really? it can't turbo boost? so it's missing the kernel module? What about the J1900 , can it turbo boost? i'm just looking to buy a N3700 today, until I see this.

if u use the comand grep "MHz" /proc/cpuinfo u will see the current frequency, with this n3700 also work the power saving script that turn the frequency from 1600 maximum to 480 mhz but as i said it doesnt handle burst speed so the real power of the cpu stays hidden also when u use plex.

I used the ASRock N3150-ITX for my NAS. Everything works fine for me. I'm running DSM 5.1 because folder permissions are not working in 5.2 with encrypted folders.

But I'm not satisfied with the transfer speeds. I had a DS213+ before and had full gigabit speeds to non encrypted folders. With xpenology I get 50MB/s (on average), as it goes up to gigabit speed, and then drops down to as low as 10MB/s and then goes up again after some time etc.

No problems while reading. Transfer speed is at gigabit level and constant.

Do you guys have similar problems? What are your transfer speeds?

Thanks,

Alex

I used the ASRock N3150-ITX for my NAS. Everything works fine for me. I'm running DSM 5.1 because folder permissions are not working in 5.2 with encrypted folders.

But I'm not satisfied with the transfer speeds. I had a DS213+ before and had full gigabit speeds to non encrypted folders. With xpenology I get 50MB/s (on average), as it goes up to gigabit speed, and then drops down to as low as 10MB/s and then goes up again after some time etc.

No problems while reading. Transfer speed is at gigabit level and constant.

Do you guys have similar problems? What are your transfer speeds?

Thanks,

Alex

Some new about that problem?.

I'm interesting in a XPEnology NAS with ASRock N3700.

I tried it with a new SSD. But the problem persists.

This is what it looks like in Windows 10 (PC SSD to NAS SSD):

copy.jpg

I also tried it NAS internal (FileStation copy from one HDD to another).

The transfer speed also fluctuated from maximum speed to 10MB/s…

(I always tested the file transfer with a single ~3GB file.)

Edited by Guest

As new member of Xpenolgy.us I would like to give a thanks to the people that developer this nice bootloader software.

I would also like to thanks Sonology to publicize this nice software under GPL. I did try to renew/ extend my license with Synology, but was told to get new hardware. So I did and now I here.

I got a Asrock N3700-itx motherboard with the new Braswell CPU, if I’m right it should the same driver a N3150-itx.

The installing was a little bumpy, but I got it running. My problem is

[*]CPU is recognized as INTEL Core i3-4130

[*]CPU core is only 2 instead of 4.

[*]Wakeup Lan is not working.

[*]Max speed 1.6 Ghz instead of 2.4 Ghz. I know there is a driver problem on this one.

When I start to install the xpenology, it was on clean disk. I use USB drive to boot of from and I don’t use any WM ware. Motherboard use the latest bios version.

[*]I started with version DSM_DS3615xs_5022.pat / XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.1-5022.1.img

[*]Upgraded to DSM_DS3615xs_5644 / Xpenoboot 5.2-5644 Update 5.img

Can someone tell me which image and order I should use them.

If there should have be included more information, pardon I’m new to this.

Posted via Xpenology.us

As new member of Xpenolgy.us I would like to give a thanks to the people that developer this nice bootloader software.

I would also like to thanks Sonology to publicize this nice software under GPL. I did try to renew/ extend my license with Synology, but was told to get new hardware. So I did and now I here.

I got a Asrock N3700-itx motherboard with the new Braswell CPU, if I’m right it should the same driver a N3150-itx.

The installing was a little bumpy, but I got it running. My problem is

[*]CPU is recognized as INTEL Core i3-4130

[*]CPU core is only 2 instead of 4.

[*]Wakeup Lan is not working.

[*]Max speed 1.6 Ghz instead of 2.4 Ghz. I know there is a driver problem on this one.

When I start to install the xpenology, it was on clean disk. I use USB drive to boot of from and I don’t use any WM ware. Motherboard use the latest bios version.

[*]I started with version DSM_DS3615xs_5022.pat / XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.1-5022.1.img

[*]Upgraded to DSM_DS3615xs_5644 / Xpenoboot 5.2-5644 Update 5.img

Can someone tell me which image and order I should use them.

If there should have be included more information, pardon I’m new to this.

Posted via Xpenology.us

You see i3 because that's the CPU that DS3615xs uses. I guess it's just hardcoded in the software, so it doesn't even read what your processor actually is.

When I was installing, I used .5 loader and firstly installed version 5644 and then upgraded to 5644.5 using interface.

Did you enable WOL in BIOS and DSM interface?

Thanks for a fast answer, but I'm not sure if I understand correct.

You use “.5 uploader”  is that the image “Xpenoboot 5.2-5644 Update 5.img” you refer to?

I see the same image DSM_DS3615xs_5644.pat under all updates. I have run a md5 check on them.

So I don’t see a .pat image update, only update on the boot loader.

Posted via Xpenology.us