XPEnology Community

DO NOT UPDATE TO 5.2-5644

Hello, first time xpenology install! Getting so confused on reading this post on what I'm supposed to use as a clean install. Can someone help?

Also, what website should I be going to for these downloads? So many places to get them, and i don't know what is legitimate.

Thanks so much in advance!

It would be really useful to add the hardware your running Xpenology on when posting on update versions working or not, it would be of great help those of us who have not yet updated to decide if it is safe to update our particular hardware based on other users experiences.

I want to add my Thank You to the guys who have spent their valuable time and effort in bringing this very useful software to us and for free, I for one appreciate it.

I agree, It would be extremely useful to everyone to be able to list our hardware in each post.

So it is safe to update from 5592 to 5644.1 by DSM update control panel but not by making fresh system installation of 5644.1.pat file ?

I'm running the latest updates with no problems; I don't need iscsi lun's, or to create new volumes (I'll try later to create on a test vm and get back if it works)

edit:

just added a new volume on the latest update, no problems here

[attachment=1]1.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]2.JPG[/attachment]

I use a hp gen8 microserver, vm on esxi 6.0

One for all people!

The latest version isn't working!!! It only works to some people that don't need iscsi lun's, the volumes can be created, however never can be mapped to the lun targets, so its useless.

Stop the post that is working in your setup if you don't use luns, the main problem right now with the latest version is mapping luns volumes to targets

Thanks

One for all people!

The latest version isn't working!!! It only works to some people that don't need iscsi lun's, the volumes can be created, however never can be mapped to the lun targets, so its useless.

Stop the post that is working in your setup if you don't use luns, the main problem right now with the latest version is mapping luns volumes to targets

Thanks

Are you sure?

I couldn't create any volume with it.

Maybe update 2 or newest pat for update 1 fixed it?

One for all people!

Thanks

The topic is about the 5.2-5644 bl and the .pat file, it was changed after they released the bootloader and the new pat brakes the bootloader. The iscsi problem was present even with the original pat file, it is known but most users do not use it so it's of no importance to them; volumes are useless ?!? think again...

I'm just trying to inform users that are not depending on lun's that is ok to update if they want, just don't use the pat file.

Can anyone tell me what the heck I've done wrong...

I finally found some compatible H/W (ASUS P55 Mobo), and have a bunch of drives (5Tb, 4Tb, 3 x 3Tb)

I made a test system using an old 250Gb drive, it worked successfully.

I then moved the mobo into the box with all the drives and I guess made a mistake in installing 5.2-5644 DSM.

I tried to create disk groups or volume and it errors out with

"Connection Failed. please check your network settings"

When I try to install 5592

it appears to load successfully, however whein I start Synology assistant, it appears to upgrade to 5644.

Also I cannot load the PAT file i've downloaded 4 versions each says corrupt when I try and load it during install.

I thought I'd followed instructions to the letter, i'm not sure how to wipe the existing install of the HDD. (they are currently empty.

Thanks !

Can anyone tell me what the heck I've done wrong...

I finally found some compatible H/W (ASUS P55 Mobo), and have a bunch of drives (5Tb, 4Tb, 3 x 3Tb)

I made a test system using an old 250Gb drive, it worked successfully.

I then moved the mobo into the box with all the drives and I guess made a mistake in installing 5.2-5644 DSM.

I tried to create disk groups or volume and it errors out with

"Connection Failed. please check your network settings"

When I try to install 5592

it appears to load successfully, however whein I start Synology assistant, it appears to upgrade to 5644.

Also I cannot load the PAT file i've downloaded 4 versions each says corrupt when I try and load it during install.

I thought I'd followed instructions to the letter, i'm not sure how to wipe the existing install of the HDD. (they are currently empty.

Thanks !

Cannot create volume is a bug of 5644. Use 5592 instead and it will work

Synology update 5644 pat file without any warning.

It break the bootloader.

!! WAIT the new version of bootloader !!

Is it possible to export the current setting and import it back every time when the NAS is rebooted. I know it is not the perfect solution, but it will allow the user to update to the latest if they want. .

Download it from here: http://xpenology.me/downloads/

I've been using this Pat file, and it fails to load during setup of synology assistant.

I need to wipe the existing setup, I have nothing installed on my drives yet.

Clearly I'm still doing something wrong, but what ?

Ok, if you have no data on your drives yet I suggest you boot off a live CD or USB drive into Linux or similar & delete any partitions that exist on the drives, this will remove any traces of DSM & allow you to start again with a fresh install of 5592.