XPEnology Community

DSM 5.2-5644 Update 1

Sonnyboy666

Hello !

Please i need help.I run my synology under DSM 5.2-5565 and i see on my web interface DSM 5.2-5644 is now avalable.

Can i use this online update directly (download and update) in my synology web interface ??? Did anyone already use this update directly from his server.

Thank you in advance.

( Sorry for my english, i'm french) :smile:

Updated with zero problems, running on VMware ESXi 5.5 Update 3a & ESXi 6.0 Update 1a!!

by densadeg

Hello !

Please i need help.I run my synology under DSM 5.2-5565 and i see on my web interface DSM 5.2-5644 is now avalable.

Can i use this online update directly (download and update) in my synology web interface ??? Did anyone already use this update directly from his server.

Thank you in advance.

( Sorry for my english, i'm french) :smile:

We need to understand how you are running your system, which platform? (Bare-metal, virtual machine, etc.)

You can't just run the update from the web interface if you are running DSM 5.2-5565 or else you will brick your device. You first need to update your bootloader to the latest (XPEnoboot - 5.2-5644.1) via ISO, IMG, or VMDK.

1. Boot with the new bootloader and select the 3rd option to "upgrade"

2. Launch your Synology Assistant and connect to your NAS.

3. Select "Manual Upgrade" and select the newest downloaded .pat file

4. Run the upgrade and reboot. If all is successful, you will boot back up and now be running on DSM 5.2-5644

5. Go to Control Panel>Update & Restore, and update to 5.2-5644 Update 1 (aka 5.2-5644.1)

6. Reboot - if update was successful, you will now be on the latest version and will have upgraded your device successfully.

I hope this helps! :mrgreen:

Hello,

I did a clean install on my bare metal asrock Q1900 but this was a NoNo. I had the problems with not being able to create a new volume. If I look at the boot of XPenology it states that for a few items there is no patch found.

I installed the previous version and I am going to try the update from here. Because this is the way I upgraded My virtual HyperV version and that worked.

I will keep you posted what the end result of this test is.

Cheers

Burner1977

Hello,

I did a clean install on my bare metal asrock Q1900 but this was a NoNo. I had the problems with not being able to create a new volume. If I look at the boot of XPenology it states that for a few items there is no patch found.

I installed the previous version and I am going to try the update from here. Because this is the way I upgraded My virtual HyperV version and that worked.

I will keep you posted what the end result of this test is.

Cheers

Burner1977

Did you used the latest bootloader?