XPEnology Community

Cant access NAS via wireless

ragingaluminium

I have 3 questions I would like answered if you can :grin:

1) I upgraded via the control panel to the latest version, should I be worried? Since I noticed the correct way to upgrade is completely different.

2)If I was to 'start fresh' how would I go about preserving my data on my disks, would Xpenology recognize the filesystem and just re-import them?

3)For some strange reason no wireless clients are able to access the NAS via the IP, I dont even get a ping reply. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Hi

I'm gonna try to answer your questions, but you must take the answers with no guarantee, as I'm not an expert but no newbie.

>>>>>>>I have 3 questions I would like answered if you can :grin:

>>>>>>>1) I upgraded via the control panel to the latest version, should I be worried? Since I noticed the correct way to upgrade is completely different.

You should be worried if something doesn't work as expected. If everything is fine, don't worry

>>>>>>>2)If I was to 'start fresh' how would I go about preserving my data on my disks, would Xpenology recognize the filesystem and just re-import them?

I don't know if I understand you correctly, but as always, BACKUP YOUR DATA, and then try. It should detect a previous installation and don't format your data

>>>>>>>3)For some strange reason no wireless clients are able to access the NAS via the IP, I dont even get a ping reply. Any ideas?

Can you see you wifi card in control panel? Have you configured it? Can your wifi card switch to master mode to act as an access point? Can you see your nas from Synology Assistant???

>>>>>>>Thank you.

You're welcome

1) Seems everything is ok (other than my present wireless/ISCSI not working). I noticed there is another new update "DSM 5.2-5644 update 1" available. Should this be done through the control panel? Which is the correct way of upgrading?

2) I have my data backed up, but i'm contemplating re-starting my Xpenology build, but I'm concerned about how I go about re-importing my disks/folders without having to start again. What is the correct way of doing this?

3) I'm referring to my mobile phones are unable to connect to the NAS via wireless. Which is really strange because it worked fine last week. (I dont remember if it worked before I upgraded to DSM 5.2-5644).