XPEnology Community

RedPill - the new loader for 6.2.4 - Discussion

12 hours ago, coint_cho said:

Haven't checked in thread in forever, however I just upgraded my motherboard and thought I'd give it a try upgrading from 6.2.3 to 7.0.1. At first, the usual problems ensues, disk 5.6 is error bla bla bla basically not possible to upgrade. Tried DiskIdxMap and SataPortMap, both on myself after reading through the forums. Didn't work, booted up Tinycore to get the configuration with rploader in tinycore, gave me the same exact map and even the same exact value with HBA: 00.1f.2 Disks : 6 . Didn't work as well, turned on hotplug support for all sata ports after that, and currently my box is upgrading from 6.2.3-25426 straight up to 7.0.1-42218! So for anyone still wondering if SataPortMap/DiskIdxMap will or won't work, try and give this a try. My mobo is a H87-Plus, with 4 disks currently in total plugged into it, 240GB SSD on SATA1, 8TB IronWolf on SATA2, 4TB HGST on SATA3, 1TB WD GREEN on SATA4. No other settings were touched and all settings were left at stock, only hotplug option was changed to fit.

The following is...
It is a @progressives theory that first suggested a solution related to this hot plug.
What's related to what you've experienced is that SATA Port No. 5 and 6 can be a shared port.
Please refer to it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had a lot of trouble.Before the introduction...I have shortened the following words...

Please don't get confused....

It's a word that I made to make it easier for you to understand.It's not a jargon, so please don't use it.LOL

BSx = Bios SATA (number) - Sata number recognized by biosimilar sata controller chipsets

DSx = DSM SATA (number) - Sata number recognized by DSM

VSC = Virtual SATA Controller

CSC = Chipset SATA Controller

- INDEX -

1. Why do BIOS and Chipset talk?

2. Does Sataportmap and diskidxmap disable or disable Sataport?

3. VSC and Conclusion

1. About BIOS and chipset.

I understand that you all know the BIOS...Let's move on.

I know you're wondering, why the chipset?

This is very closely related to SATA errors.

In general, we take the C610 series (X99) chipsets as an example.

This one basically has two CSCs.In fact, Windows and Linux also recognize two CSCs.

SATA (Basic) and SSATA (Secondary SATA).

In terms of specifications, SATA has six 6Gbps sataports...SSATA has four.Logically, I have 10.

But when I work on DS3622xs+, if you set the option to 64..DS5 and DS6 are listed as inactive or unrecognized.

So, after checking Intel's official data chart...

Yes...

a2da71f8885afc0504d0147219b1c5d0.thumb.jpeg.06d742efa22c8dd920c542e25287f673.jpeg

As you can see, the CSC 0-3 Burnport is a fixed port with a sata-only signal, and the 4-5 channels have a different Muxed signal that shares lines 1 and 2 of PCIE and also shares with USB 3.0 ports.

So I'm sure your chipsets are fixed, but there's also a port with mops that change their roles.

I'm expecting it.

It's literally a hard drive, and with that lane of USB or PCIE, the operating system is supposed to switch signals.

For your information, BS4 and BS5 are using the DS5 and DS6 ports in Henology.Butroder doesn't handle it properly because it's shared.

Let's stop talking about BIOS and chipset and move on to number two.

This is important.We always keep our hard drives fixed while using Henology.

So I thought about it and tested it...It's very simple.I've decided to think...

In the case of NARS, if the hard drive fails, we replace it with a hot swap and rebuild the data, right?

NARS has a hot-swappable option in each bay by default.The signal from each sataport is fixed...

Yes, I am.

After all the tests I've done so far...It doesn't work where you have the Muxed signal.In a CSC BS with a fixed signal...

I left the hot swap option on...Sataport deactivation and unrecognized error has disappeared.

Also, in the case of Muxed signals, Synalys NARS...It's a signal that's not working.I think it's more like that.

In other words, the substrates of Synthetic are specially manufactured.Similar to a PC, but different...I have a lane.

This is my own test, so...We need your experimental information.

I'll wrap it up in the next chapter.

3. VSC and Conclusion

After installing DSM during the test...I found something strange.

Checking out lspci...I found the bus below.

0001:09:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9235 PCIe 2.0 x2 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s Controller [1b4b:9235] (rev 11)
0001:0c:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9235 PCIe 2.0 x2 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s Controller [1b4b:9235] (rev 11)

It's strange.

I'm sure it's Intel's main board.Even though we don't use a sata controller in addition...The Marvel sata controller was recognized...

That's also four ports at 1:09:00... ...and four ports at 1:0c:00.

So I thought...

Redfill bootloader creates VSC and portmaps it so that it responds 1:1 with CSC.

I'm crazy about the idea.

As you all know, the Marvel sata controller...With a fixed signal for sata, not for mopsd...

Satan Controller...Well?

Yeah. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Of course you can't handle it.So if you use sataportmap to put in the Mukseed port...

Then, it is highly likely that it can display messages such as hard recognition and errors...

Let me summarize the important points now.

! IMPORTANT !

1. Find the fixed sataport using the datasheet of each chipset.

2. Avoid using Muxed signals as much as possible.

3. Enable the HotPlug (or HotSWAP) feature on each SATA port in the BIOS.

If you leave any information about chipsets you need in the comments...After work, I will find it and upload it to you'll find it.

Thank you.

P.S : After Use SataPortMap = 44 plugging in the hard drive, it was recognized and used immediately.(laughs)

• Like 2

@dolbycat

I was folowing your guide. Thank You for the guide.

But on:

sudo dtc -I dts -O dtb output.dts > model_ds920p.dtb

output is  This:

output.dts:17.14-23.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:25.14-31.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:33.14-39.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:41.14-47.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@4: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:49.14-55.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@5: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:58.18-76.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:78.18-96.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:98.18-116.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:118.18-136.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@4: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:139.18-157.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@5: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:160.18-178.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@6: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:180.15-186.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /esata_port@1: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:188.13-201.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:203.13-216.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:218.14-221.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /nvme_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:223.14-226.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /nvme_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg property

And no disks on dsm instalation.

8 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

The following is...
It is a @progressives theory that first suggested a solution related to this hot plug.
What's related to what you've experienced is that SATA Port No. 5 and 6 can be a shared port.
Please refer to it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had a lot of trouble.Before the introduction...I have shortened the following words...

Please don't get confused....

It's a word that I made to make it easier for you to understand.It's not a jargon, so please don't use it.LOL

BSx = Bios SATA (number) - Sata number recognized by biosimilar sata controller chipsets

DSx = DSM SATA (number) - Sata number recognized by DSM

VSC = Virtual SATA Controller

CSC = Chipset SATA Controller

- INDEX -

1. Why do BIOS and Chipset talk?

3. VSC and Conclusion

1. About BIOS and chipset.

I understand that you all know the BIOS...Let's move on.

I know you're wondering, why the chipset?

This is very closely related to SATA errors.

In general, we take the C610 series (X99) chipsets as an example.

This one basically has two CSCs.In fact, Windows and Linux also recognize two CSCs.

SATA (Basic) and SSATA (Secondary SATA).

In terms of specifications, SATA has six 6Gbps sataports...SSATA has four.Logically, I have 10.

But when I work on DS3622xs+, if you set the option to 64..DS5 and DS6 are listed as inactive or unrecognized.

So, after checking Intel's official data chart...

Yes...

a2da71f8885afc0504d0147219b1c5d0.thumb.jpeg.06d742efa22c8dd920c542e25287f673.jpeg

As you can see, the CSC 0-3 Burnport is a fixed port with a sata-only signal, and the 4-5 channels have a different Muxed signal that shares lines 1 and 2 of PCIE and also shares with USB 3.0 ports.

So I'm sure your chipsets are fixed, but there's also a port with mops that change their roles.

I'm expecting it.

It's literally a hard drive, and with that lane of USB or PCIE, the operating system is supposed to switch signals.

For your information, BS4 and BS5 are using the DS5 and DS6 ports in Henology.Butroder doesn't handle it properly because it's shared.

Let's stop talking about BIOS and chipset and move on to number two.

This is important.We always keep our hard drives fixed while using Henology.

So I thought about it and tested it...It's very simple.I've decided to think...

In the case of NARS, if the hard drive fails, we replace it with a hot swap and rebuild the data, right?

NARS has a hot-swappable option in each bay by default.The signal from each sataport is fixed...

Yes, I am.

After all the tests I've done so far...It doesn't work where you have the Muxed signal.In a CSC BS with a fixed signal...

I left the hot swap option on...Sataport deactivation and unrecognized error has disappeared.

Also, in the case of Muxed signals, Synalys NARS...It's a signal that's not working.I think it's more like that.

In other words, the substrates of Synthetic are specially manufactured.Similar to a PC, but different...I have a lane.

This is my own test, so...We need your experimental information.

I'll wrap it up in the next chapter.

3. VSC and Conclusion

After installing DSM during the test...I found something strange.

Checking out lspci...I found the bus below.

0001:09:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9235 PCIe 2.0 x2 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s Controller [1b4b:9235] (rev 11)
0001:0c:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9235 PCIe 2.0 x2 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s Controller [1b4b:9235] (rev 11)

It's strange.

I'm sure it's Intel's main board.Even though we don't use a sata controller in addition...The Marvel sata controller was recognized...

That's also four ports at 1:09:00... ...and four ports at 1:0c:00.

So I thought...

Redfill bootloader creates VSC and portmaps it so that it responds 1:1 with CSC.

I'm crazy about the idea.

As you all know, the Marvel sata controller...With a fixed signal for sata, not for mopsd...

Satan Controller...Well?

Yeah. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Of course you can't handle it.So if you use sataportmap to put in the Mukseed port...

Then, it is highly likely that it can display messages such as hard recognition and errors...

Let me summarize the important points now.

! IMPORTANT !

1. Find the fixed sataport using the datasheet of each chipset.

2. Avoid using Muxed signals as much as possible.

3. Enable the HotPlug (or HotSWAP) feature on each SATA port in the BIOS.

If you leave any information about chipsets you need in the comments...After work, I will find it and upload it to you'll find it.

Thank you.

P.S : After Use SataPortMap = 44 plugging in the hard drive, it was recognized and used immediately.(laughs)

For mine, even in lspci I only have one controller, and before this my other motherboard has only 4 ports, which by this logic I assume that 3/4 was muxed hence why it wasn't showing up in RedPill, and it shows 1,2,5.6, 5.6 I assume being a virtual port that RedPill created to fit into the signal without messing with mux data. (I also had hotplug enabled for it but never suceeded in installing DSM7 on the old motherboard.) So definitely an interesting write up..

3 hours ago, smilenkovski said:

@dolbycat

I was folowing your guide. Thank You for the guide.

But on:

sudo dtc -I dts -O dtb output.dts > model_ds920p.dtb

output is  This:

output.dts:17.14-23.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:25.14-31.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:33.14-39.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:41.14-47.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@4: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:49.14-55.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /DX517/pmp_slot@5: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:58.18-76.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:78.18-96.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:98.18-116.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@3: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:118.18-136.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@4: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:139.18-157.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@5: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:160.18-178.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /internal_slot@6: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:180.15-186.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /esata_port@1: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:188.13-201.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:203.13-216.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /usb_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:218.14-221.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /nvme_slot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg property
output.dts:223.14-226.4: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /nvme_slot@2: node has a unit name, but no reg property

And no disks on dsm instalation.

@smilenkovski

Can I see the lspci -tvnnq log? (This is possible with Tinycore Linux.)
Also, please show the results of cat output.dts.

Did you use Intel Haswell or higher?

Edited by Peter Suh

I have Asrock itx J5040 motherboard. Dolbycat has already edited output.dts and posted zip file for that MB, so it should be ready for install.

Thank You for helping I'll post required data when I came home.  Several days ago I've checked lspci -tvnnq and it was matching the results of other users builds for that motherboard.

@pocopico , @yanjun

I have a question about the development of the Red-Pill driver.
It's about stabilization of HBA LSI.
For now, DS3622xs+ seems to be the best.
As yanjun mentioned a few days ago, support for the old HBA h200 and h310 seems difficult, and only the support of the new LSI driver seems realistic.
So, are you going to continue to try various new platforms in Synology?
Is there no hope for old HBA like h200 or h310 anymore?

@Peter Suh

lspci -tvnnq
-[0000:00]-+-00.0  Intel Corporation Gemini Lake Host Bridge [8086:31f0]
           +-00.1  Intel Corporation Celeron/Pentium Silver Processor Dynamic Pl                                     atform and Thermal Framework Processor Participant [8086:318c]
           +-02.0  Intel Corporation GeminiLake [UHD Graphics 605] [8086:3184]
           +-0e.0  Intel Corporation Celeron/Pentium Silver Processor High Defin                                     ition Audio [8086:3198]
           +-0f.0  Intel Corporation Celeron/Pentium Silver Processor Trusted Ex                                     ecution Engine Interface [8086:319a]
           +-12.0  Intel Corporation Celeron/Pentium Silver Processor SATA Contr                                     oller [8086:31e3]
           +-13.0-[01]--
           +-13.1-[02]--
           +-13.2-[03]----00.0  Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/841                                     1 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [10ec:8168]
           +-13.3-[04]----00.0  ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA Contr                                     oller [1b21:0612]
           +-15.0  Intel Corporation Celeron/Pentium Silver Processor USB 3.0 xH                                     CI Controller [8086:31a8]
           +-1f.0  Intel Corporation Celeron/Pentium Silver Processor LPC Contro                                     ller [8086:31e8]
           \-1f.1  Intel Corporation Celeron/Pentium Silver Processor Gaussian M                                     ixture Model [8086:31d4]

and

saso@saso-desktop:~/redpill-tool-chain$ cat output.dts
/dts-v1/;

/ {
        compatible = "Synology";
        model = "synology_geminilake_920+";
        version = <0x01>;
        syno_spinup_group = <0x02 0x01 0x01>;
        syno_spinup_group_delay = <0x0b>;
        syno_hdd_powerup_seq = "true";
        syno_cmos_reg_secure_flash = <0x66>;
        syno_cmos_reg_secure_boot = <0x68>;

DX517 {
                compatible = "Synology";
                model = "synology_dx517";

pmp_slot@1 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x00>;
                        };
                };

pmp_slot@2 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x01>;
                        };
                };

pmp_slot@3 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x02>;
                        };
                };

pmp_slot@4 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x03>;
                        };
                };

pmp_slot@5 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x04>;
                        };
                };
        };

internal_slot@1 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                power_pin_gpio = <0x14 0x00>;
                detect_pin_gpio = <0x23 0x01>;
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        pcie_root = "00:12.0";
                        ata_port = <0x00>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led0";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led1";
                };
        };

internal_slot@2 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                power_pin_gpio = <0x15 0x00>;
                detect_pin_gpio = <0x24 0x01>;
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x01>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led2";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led3";
                };
        };

internal_slot@3 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                power_pin_gpio = <0x16 0x00>;
                detect_pin_gpio = <0x25 0x01>;
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        pcie_root = "00:13.3,00.0";
                        ata_port = <0x00>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led4";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led5";
                };
        };

internal_slot@4 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                power_pin_gpio = <0x17 0x00>;
                detect_pin_gpio = <0x26 0x01>;
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x01>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led6";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led7";
                };
        };

internal_slot@5 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                power_pin_gpio = <0x18 0x00>;
                detect_pin_gpio = <0x27 0x01>;
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        pcie_root = "00:13.1,00.0";
                        ata_port = <0x00>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led8";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led9";
                };
        };

internal_slot@6 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                power_pin_gpio = <0x19 0x00>;
                detect_pin_gpio = <0x28 0x01>;
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x01>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led10";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led11";
                };
        };

esata_port@1 {

ahci {
                        pcie_root = "00:13.1";
                        ata_port = <0x03>;
                };
        };

usb_slot@1 {

vbus {
                        syno_gpio = <0x1d 0x01>;
                };

usb2 {
                        usb_port = "1-1";
                };

usb3 {
                        usb_port = "2-1";
                };
        };

usb_slot@2 {

vbus {
                        syno_gpio = <0x1e 0x01>;
                };

usb2 {
                        usb_port = "1-2";
                };

usb3 {
                        usb_port = "2-2";
                };
        };

nvme_slot@1 {
                pcie_root = "00:1d.0";
                port_type = "ssdcache";
        };

nvme_slot@2 {
                pcie_root = "00:14.0";
                port_type = "ssdcache";
        };
};

"@Peter Suh",

Thanks for all your work and test results.  I have the same chipset (X99) in a MSI X99 SLI Plus board.  Before I installed my DS3622xs+ I tried the 918, 3615 and 3617 and they all had issues either with failed installs (55% stall) or more commonly disk errors.  I was finally able to have success by using your suggestion of setting the DiskMap from 06 to 02 for the 2 drives I had installed and success!  I then wanted to add 2 more drives (4 total) and did not know if that could be done with the DiskMap set to 2.  I first tried adding the drives and on boot it did not recognize the drives. So I set bios to "Hot swapable" and also ssh'd into the config on my USB install drive and changed the DiskMAp to 04 from 02 (even though it stated "Not to edit config" - I was ready to do a clean install) and it recognized both drives.  Not sure if changing the config after installation makes a difference or if it was the Hot Swapable  change in Bios, but it works!

When I saw the disk errors on previous failed installs I thought it had to do with the muxed part of the chipset but could not find the diagram you posted.  All I was able to find was a block diagram and it did not indicate a Marvell chip.  But before I istalled DSM I had windows installed on the machine and 2 chipsets were indentified both Intel and Marvel, but don't see any documentation on the Marvel chip from either Intel or MSI.

1) I am planning to add a fifth drive as a Surveillance Station volume.  Based on what you have described from your tests, since I have all SATA ports set to Hot Swapable I should add the new drive to port 7 (the Marvell Second SATA, skipping 5 & 6) and it should be recognized?

2) In your summary #2 you talk about not using the muxed ports but I don't understand what you meant regarding the Second SATA. Is changing the bios to Hot Swapable the only change you need to make for adding drives? (SataPort and DiskMap not important to change). Does changing Diskmap make a difference?  In my test I changed both at the same time (Hot Swap and DiskMap).  I can't test the fifth drive yet until it becomes available.

3) I can't rember if it was you that discussed SMART data not showing up for some of your drives. But I have 2 approved 8TB drives installed but the SMART overview data does not show up (I can still get SMART details).  The drives are approved for other models but not listed as approved for the DS3622.  Someone commented that updating the Synology HDD database would then allow DSM to show the SMART data. Did you discover that and could you let me know how I can make that change?

Thanks in advance for all your help,

Carl

Edited by Carl10
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, smilenkovski said:

@Peter Suh

lspci -tvnnq
-[0000:00]-+-00.0  Intel Corporation Gemini Lake Host Bridge [8086:31f0]
           +-00.1  Intel Corporation Celeron/Pentium Silver Processor Dynamic Pl                                     atform and Thermal Framework Processor Participant [8086:318c]
           +-02.0  Intel Corporation GeminiLake [UHD Graphics 605] [8086:3184]
           +-0e.0  Intel Corporation Celeron/Pentium Silver Processor High Defin                                     ition Audio [8086:3198]
           +-0f.0  Intel Corporation Celeron/Pentium Silver Processor Trusted Ex                                     ecution Engine Interface [8086:319a]
           +-12.0  Intel Corporation Celeron/Pentium Silver Processor SATA Contr                                     oller [8086:31e3]
           +-13.0-[01]--
           +-13.1-[02]--
           +-13.2-[03]----00.0  Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/841                                     1 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [10ec:8168]
           +-13.3-[04]----00.0  ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA Contr                                     oller [1b21:0612]
           +-15.0  Intel Corporation Celeron/Pentium Silver Processor USB 3.0 xH                                     CI Controller [8086:31a8]
           +-1f.0  Intel Corporation Celeron/Pentium Silver Processor LPC Contro                                     ller [8086:31e8]
           \-1f.1  Intel Corporation Celeron/Pentium Silver Processor Gaussian M                                     ixture Model [8086:31d4]

and

saso@saso-desktop:~/redpill-tool-chain$ cat output.dts
/dts-v1/;

/ {
        compatible = "Synology";
        model = "synology_geminilake_920+";
        version = <0x01>;
        syno_spinup_group = <0x02 0x01 0x01>;
        syno_spinup_group_delay = <0x0b>;
        syno_hdd_powerup_seq = "true";
        syno_cmos_reg_secure_flash = <0x66>;
        syno_cmos_reg_secure_boot = <0x68>;

DX517 {
                compatible = "Synology";
                model = "synology_dx517";

pmp_slot@1 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x00>;
                        };
                };

pmp_slot@2 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x01>;
                        };
                };

pmp_slot@3 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x02>;
                        };
                };

pmp_slot@4 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x03>;
                        };
                };

pmp_slot@5 {

libata {
                                EMID = <0x00>;
                                pmp_link = <0x04>;
                        };
                };
        };

internal_slot@1 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                power_pin_gpio = <0x14 0x00>;
                detect_pin_gpio = <0x23 0x01>;
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x00>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led0";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led1";
                };
        };

internal_slot@2 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                power_pin_gpio = <0x15 0x00>;
                detect_pin_gpio = <0x24 0x01>;
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x01>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led2";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led3";
                };
        };

internal_slot@3 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                power_pin_gpio = <0x16 0x00>;
                detect_pin_gpio = <0x25 0x01>;
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x00>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led4";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led5";
                };
        };

internal_slot@4 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                power_pin_gpio = <0x17 0x00>;
                detect_pin_gpio = <0x26 0x01>;
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x01>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led6";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led7";
                };
        };

internal_slot@5 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                power_pin_gpio = <0x18 0x00>;
                detect_pin_gpio = <0x27 0x01>;
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x00>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led8";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led9";
                };
        };

internal_slot@6 {
                protocol_type = "sata";
                power_pin_gpio = <0x19 0x00>;
                detect_pin_gpio = <0x28 0x01>;
                led_type = "lp3943";

ahci {
                        ata_port = <0x01>;
                };

led_green {
                        led_name = "syno_led10";
                };

led_orange {
                        led_name = "syno_led11";
                };
        };

esata_port@1 {

ahci {
                        pcie_root = "00:13.1";
                        ata_port = <0x03>;
                };
        };

usb_slot@1 {

vbus {
                        syno_gpio = <0x1d 0x01>;
                };

usb2 {
                        usb_port = "1-1";
                };

usb3 {
                        usb_port = "2-1";
                };
        };

usb_slot@2 {

vbus {
                        syno_gpio = <0x1e 0x01>;
                };

usb2 {
                        usb_port = "1-2";
                };

usb3 {
                        usb_port = "2-2";
                };
        };

nvme_slot@1 {
                pcie_root = "00:1d.0";
                port_type = "ssdcache";
        };

nvme_slot@2 {
                pcie_root = "00:14.0";
                port_type = "ssdcache";
        };
};

How many of the internal SATA 2 ports or ASMEDIA 4 ports are installed on the hard disk? And which of the two controllers is actually used?
Number 5 and 6 at the bottom are in conflict with number 3.4 and ata_port. It seems necessary to change to 0x02 and 0x03, respectively.

8 hours ago, Carl10 said:

"@Peter Suh",

Thanks for all your work and test results.  I have the same chipset (X99) in a MSI X99 SLI Plus board.  Before I installed my DS3622xs+ I tried the 918, 3615 and 3617 and they all had issues either with failed installs (55% stall) or more commonly disk errors.  I was finally able to have success by using your suggestion of setting the DiskMap from 06 to 02 for the 2 drives I had installed and success!  I then wanted to add 2 more drives (4 total) and did not know if that could be done with the DiskMap set to 2.  I first tried adding the drives and on boot it did not recognize the drives. So I set bios to "Hot swapable" and also ssh'd into the config on my USB install drive and changed the DiskMAp to 04 from 02 (even though it stated "Not to edit config" - I was ready to do a clean install) and it recognized both drives.  Not sure if changing the config after installation makes a difference or if it was the Hot Swapable  change in Bios, but it works!

When I saw the disk errors on previous failed installs I thought it had to do with the muxed part of the chipset but could not find the diagram you posted.  All I was able to find was a block diagram and it did not indicate a Marvell chip.  But before I istalled DSM I had windows installed on the machine and 2 chipsets were indentified both Intel and Marvel, but don't see any documentation on the Marvel chip from either Intel or MSI.

1) I am planning to add a fifth drive as a Surveillance Station volume.  Based on what you have described from your tests, since I have all SATA ports set to Hot Swapable I should add the new drive to port 7 (the Marvell Second SATA, skipping 5 & 6) and it should be recognized?

2) In your summary #2 you talk about not using the muxed ports but I don't understand what you meant regarding the Second SATA. Is changing the bios to Hot Swapable the only change you need to make for adding drives? (SataPort and DiskMap not important to change). Does changing Diskmap make a difference?  In my test I changed both at the same time (Hot Swap and DiskMap).  I can't test the fifth drive yet until it becomes available.

3) I can't rember if it was you that discussed SMART data not showing up for some of your drives. But I have 2 approved 8TB drives installed but the SMART overview data does not show up (I can still get SMART details).  The drives are approved for other models but not listed as approved for the DS3622.  Someone commented that updating the Synology HDD database would then allow DSM to show the SMART data. Did you discover that and could you let me know how I can make that change?

Thanks in advance for all your help,

Carl

In fact, this theory was proposed by @progressives, so I don't understand the details 100% either.
It's just that Hot Plug is helpful, and Muxed is aware to avoid it.

So, I'll explain only the parts I know.

I don't know if it's MSI X99A SLI PLUS or MSI X99S SLI PLUS.
The manual description part of MSI X99A SLI PLUS was obtained.

1816081147_2022-03-2111_55_42.thumb.png.d3688abe07cd6a288cbf2ce029bc72f5.png

Marvel chipsets are known as virtual chipsets identified as lspci -tvnnq in XPEnology, which usually uses DSM6.
Therefore, this Marvel SATA chipset should be considered unrelated to the actual SATA chipset so that there is no confusion.

@dolbycat mentioned it.

1), 2) According to the manual, 5 or 6 of the 10 SATA ports are MUXED, so you have to avoid them and start using them from the 7th port again.
I don't have a board with SATA ports like X99, so I can't do similar tests.
In the case of MSI H97M-G43 mentioned above, it has 6 ports, and probably number 5 or 6 is MUXED shared with M.2 SATA.
I will also try to use this part of MUX or avoid it.

3) What I mentioned is correct. Currently, there is no stable driver for S.M.A.R.T, so it seems inevitable that detailed information cannot be displayed.
Instead, if you switch to a detailed view as shown in the figure, this value is expressed if there is an actual bad sector.
And, there seems to be only a way to track each state with the ID value of the S.M.A.R.T attribute.

802246730_2022-03-211_03_11.thumb.png.f4b73b8524f40825a39b243c80cf3481.png

435557806_2022-03-211_04_21.thumb.png.374898d70bf698da96b063d6cf151df2.png

Edited by Peter Suh

On 3/21/2022 at 5:39 AM, dolbycat said:

Everything is correct.
And I don't know what is wrong.

It works fine on my j5040.
Please follow what I posted.

I'd like to know that how to solve the drivers about network? Now only the realtek can work? Or use the DS918 forcibly for DS920? Thanks.

13 hours ago, Swiftfrog said:

I'd like to know that how to solve the drivers about network? Now only the realtek can work? Or use the DS918 forcibly for DS920? Thanks.

Only Realtek LAN is recognized now.

If pocopico Intel LAN extension driver is added to ds1621p, HDD recognition fails.

I also hope that Intel LAN is supported, but it seems impossible at the moment.

Edited by dolbycat

4 hours ago, dolbycat said:

Only Realtek LAN is recognized now.

If pocopico Intel LAN extension driver is added to ds1621p, HDD recognition fails.

I also hope that Intel LAN is supported, but it seems impossible at the moment.

Well, thanks so much for your reply.

If that, only waiting for update from pocopico.

4 hours ago, Orphée said:

lspci -kkvq

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D DMI2 (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D DMI2
    Flags: fast devsel
    Capabilities: [90] Express Root Port (Slot-), MSI 00
    Capabilities: [e0] Power Management version 3
    Capabilities: [100] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0002 Rev=0 Len=00c <?>
    Capabilities: [144] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0004 Rev=1 Len=03c <?>
    Capabilities: [1d0] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0003 Rev=1 Len=00a <?>
    Capabilities: [280] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0005 Rev=3 Len=018 <?>
    Capabilities: [300] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0008 Rev=0 Len=038 <?>

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 25
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=03, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: None
    Memory behind bridge: None
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 0000000090000000-00000000918fffff [size=25M]
    Capabilities: [40] Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D PCI Express Root Port 1
    Capabilities: [60] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/2 Maskable+ 64bit-
    Capabilities: [90] Express Root Port (Slot+), MSI 00
    Capabilities: [110] Access Control Services
    Capabilities: [148] Advanced Error Reporting
    Capabilities: [250] Secondary PCI Express
        LnkCtl3: LnkEquIntrruptEn-, PerformEqu-
        LaneErrStat: 0
    Kernel driver in use: pcieport

00:02.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D PCI Express Root Port 2 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 27
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=04, subordinate=04, sec-latency=0
    Memory behind bridge: 92a00000-92afffff [size=1M]
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: None
    Capabilities: [40] Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D PCI Express Root Port 2

00:02.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D PCI Express Root Port 2 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 28
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=05, subordinate=07, sec-latency=0
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 0000000091a00000-00000000922fffff [size=9M]
    Capabilities: [40] Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D PCI Express Root Port 2

00:03.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D PCI Express Root Port 3 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 30
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=08, subordinate=08, sec-latency=0
    Memory behind bridge: 92c00000-92cfffff [size=1M]
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 0000000092300000-00000000924fffff [size=2M]
    Capabilities: [40] Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D PCI Express Root Port 3

00:03.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D PCI Express Root Port 3 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 31
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=09, subordinate=09, sec-latency=0
    Capabilities: [40] Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D PCI Express Root Port 3

00:05.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Map/VTd_Misc/System Management (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Map/VTd_Misc/System Management
    Capabilities: [40] Express Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00

00:05.1 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D IIO Hot Plug (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D IIO Hot Plug
    Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
    Capabilities: [100] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0006 Rev=1 Len=010 <?>
    Capabilities: [110] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0006 Rev=1 Len=010 <?>
    Capabilities: [120] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0006 Rev=1 Len=010 <?>
    Capabilities: [130] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0006 Rev=1 Len=010 <?>

00:05.2 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D IIO RAS/Control Status/Global Errors (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D IIO RAS/Control Status/Global Errors

00:05.4 PIC: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D I/O APIC (rev 03) (prog-if 20 [IO(X)-APIC])
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D I/O APIC
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Memory at 92b16000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: [44] Express Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00

00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI (rev 05) (prog-if 30 [XHCI])
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 53
    Memory at 92b00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
    Capabilities: [70] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/8 Maskable- 64bit+
    Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd

00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI #2 (rev 05) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI #2
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
    Memory at 92b15000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [58] Debug port: BAR=1 offset=00a0
    Capabilities: [98] PCI Advanced Features
    Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #1 (rev d5) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 32
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=0a, subordinate=0a, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: 00007000-00007fff [size=4K]
    Memory behind bridge: 92900000-929fffff [size=1M]
    Capabilities: [40] Express Root Port (Slot+), MSI 00
    Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
    Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #1
    Capabilities: [a0] Power Management version 3

00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #3 (rev d5) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 33
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=0b, subordinate=0b, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: 00006000-00006fff [size=4K]
    Memory behind bridge: 92800000-928fffff [size=1M]
    Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #3

00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #4 (rev d5) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 34
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=0c, subordinate=0c, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: 00005000-00005fff [size=4K]
    Memory behind bridge: 92700000-927fffff [size=1M]
    Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #4

00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #5 (rev d5) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 35
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=0d, subordinate=0d, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: 00004000-00004fff [size=4K]
    Memory behind bridge: 92600000-926fffff [size=1M]
    Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #5

00:1c.6 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #7 (rev d5) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 36
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=0e, subordinate=0e, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: 00003000-00003fff [size=4K]
    Memory behind bridge: 92500000-925fffff [size=1M]
    Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #7

00:1c.7 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #8 (rev d5) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 37
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=0f, subordinate=0f, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: 00002000-00002fff [size=4K]
    Memory behind bridge: 91900000-919fffff [size=1M]
    Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #8

00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI #1 (rev 05) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI #1
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 23
    Memory at 92b14000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [58] Debug port: BAR=1 offset=00a0
    Capabilities: [98] PCI Advanced Features
    Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation C224 Series Chipset Family Server Standard SKU LPC Controller (rev 05)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation C224 Series Chipset Family Server Standard SKU LPC Controller
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
    Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=0c <?>
    Kernel driver in use: lpc_ich

00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 05)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller
    Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 18
    Memory at 92b10000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
    I/O ports at 8000 [size=32]
    Kernel driver in use: i801_smbus

01:00.0 Ethernet controller: QLogic Corp. FastLinQ QL41000 Series 10/25/40/50GbE Controller (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Device 7053:1003
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 24
    Memory at 91020000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=128K]
    Memory at 90800000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=8M]
    Memory at 91050000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=64K]
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
    Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/8 Maskable+ 64bit+
    Capabilities: [70] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [b0] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=129 Masked-
    Capabilities: [d0] Vital Product Data
    Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
    Capabilities: [148] Virtual Channel
    Capabilities: [168] Device Serial Number 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
    Capabilities: [178] Power Budgeting <?>
    Capabilities: [188] Alternative Routing-ID Interpretation (ARI)
    Capabilities: [198] Secondary PCI Express
    Capabilities: [1b8] Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV)
    Capabilities: [1f8] Transaction Processing Hints
    Capabilities: [284] Latency Tolerance Reporting
    Capabilities: [28c] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0002 Rev=3 Len=100 <?>
    Capabilities: [38c] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0001 Rev=1 Len=038 <?>
    Capabilities: [3c4] Precision Time Measurement
    Capabilities: [3d0] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0003 Rev=1 Len=054 <?>
    Capabilities: [424] Resizable BAR <?>
    Kernel driver in use: qede

01:00.1 Ethernet controller: QLogic Corp. FastLinQ QL41000 Series 10/25/40/50GbE Controller (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Device 7053:1003
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 24
    Memory at 91000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=128K]
    Memory at 90000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=8M]
    Memory at 91040000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=64K]
    Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/8 Maskable+ 64bit+
    Capabilities: [70] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [b0] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=129 Masked-
    Capabilities: [d0] Vital Product Data
    Capabilities: [168] Device Serial Number 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
    Capabilities: [178] Power Budgeting <?>
    Capabilities: [188] Alternative Routing-ID Interpretation (ARI)
    Capabilities: [1b8] Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV)
    Capabilities: [1f8] Transaction Processing Hints
    Capabilities: [28c] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0002 Rev=3 Len=100 <?>
    Capabilities: [38c] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0001 Rev=1 Len=038 <?>
    Capabilities: [3d0] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0003 Rev=1 Len=054 <?>
    Capabilities: [424] Resizable BAR <?>
    Kernel driver in use: qede

04:00.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon Processor D Family QuickData Technology Register DMA Channel 0
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon Processor D Family QuickData Technology Register DMA Channel 0
    Flags: fast devsel, IRQ 255
    Memory at 92a00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
    Capabilities: [40] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 3
    Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable+ 64bit-
    Capabilities: [ac] MSI-X: Enable- Count=1 Masked-
    Capabilities: [150] Multicast

04:00.1 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon Processor D Family QuickData Technology Register DMA Channel 1
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon Processor D Family QuickData Technology Register DMA Channel 1
    Memory at 92a02000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]

04:00.2 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon Processor D Family QuickData Technology Register DMA Channel 2
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon Processor D Family QuickData Technology Register DMA Channel 2
    Memory at 92a04000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]

04:00.3 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon Processor D Family QuickData Technology Register DMA Channel 3
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon Processor D Family QuickData Technology Register DMA Channel 3
    Memory at 92a06000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]

05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Device 15a7
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 0000
    Memory at 91c00000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=2M]
    Memory at 92204000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable+ 64bit+
    Capabilities: [70] MSI-X: Enable- Count=64 Masked-
    Capabilities: [a0] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [140] Device Serial Number 00-00-00-ff-ff-00-00-00
    Capabilities: [150] Alternative Routing-ID Interpretation (ARI)
    Capabilities: [160] Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV)
    Capabilities: [1a0] Transaction Processing Hints
    Capabilities: [1b0] Access Control Services
    Capabilities: [1c0] Latency Tolerance Reporting

05:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Device 15a7
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 0000
    Memory at 91a00000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=2M]
    Memory at 92000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: [70] MSI-X: Enable- Count=64 Masked-
    Capabilities: [140] Device Serial Number 00-00-00-ff-ff-00-00-00
    Capabilities: [150] Alternative Routing-ID Interpretation (ARI)
    Capabilities: [160] Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV)
    Capabilities: [1b0] Access Control Services

08:00.0 SCSI storage controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 1475 (rev a1)
    Subsystem: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 0100
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 29
    Memory at 92300000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=1M]
    Memory at 92400000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256K]
    Expansion ROM at 92c00000 [disabled] [size=128K]
    Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable- Count=1/32 Maskable+ 64bit+
    Capabilities: [b0] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=18 Masked-
    Capabilities: [c0] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [300] Secondary PCI Express
    Kernel driver in use: mv14xx

0a:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9235 PCIe 2.0 x2 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s Controller (rev 11) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
    Subsystem: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9235 PCIe 2.0 x2 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s Controller
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 38
    I/O ports at 7028 [size=8]
    I/O ports at 7034 [size=4]
    I/O ports at 7020 [size=8]
    I/O ports at 7030 [size=4]
    I/O ports at 7000 [size=32]
    Memory at 92900000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
    Expansion ROM at 92910000 [disabled] [size=64K]
    Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
    Capabilities: [70] Express Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [e0] SATA HBA v0.0
    Kernel driver in use: ahci

0b:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
    Memory at 92800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
    I/O ports at 6000 [size=32]
    Memory at 92880000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: [70] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=5 Masked-
    Capabilities: [140] Device Serial Number 00-a0-c9-ff-ff-00-00-00
    Kernel driver in use: igb

0c:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 19
    Memory at 92700000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
    I/O ports at 5000 [size=32]
    Memory at 92780000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]

0d:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9235 PCIe 2.0 x2 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s Controller (rev 11) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
    Subsystem: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9235 PCIe 2.0 x2 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s Controller
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 39
    I/O ports at 4028 [size=8]
    I/O ports at 4034 [size=4]
    I/O ports at 4020 [size=8]
    I/O ports at 4030 [size=4]
    I/O ports at 4000 [size=32]
    Memory at 92600000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
    Expansion ROM at 92610000 [disabled] [size=64K]
    Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
    Capabilities: [70] Express Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [e0] SATA HBA v0.0
    Kernel driver in use: ahci

0e:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
    Memory at 92500000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
    I/O ports at 3000 [size=32]
    Memory at 92580000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]

0f:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 19
    Memory at 91900000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
    I/O ports at 2000 [size=32]
    Memory at 91980000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]

ff:0b.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D R3 QPI Link 0/1 (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D R3 QPI Link 0/1

ff:0b.1 Performance counters: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D R3 QPI Link 0/1 (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D R3 QPI Link 0/1

ff:0b.2 Performance counters: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D R3 QPI Link 0/1 (rev 03)

ff:0b.3 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D R3 QPI Link Debug (rev 03)

ff:0c.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Caching Agent (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Caching Agent

ff:0c.1 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Caching Agent (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Caching Agent

ff:0c.2 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Caching Agent (rev 03)

ff:0c.3 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Caching Agent (rev 03)

ff:0c.4 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Caching Agent (rev 03)

ff:0c.5 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Caching Agent (rev 03)

ff:0f.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Caching Agent (rev 03)

ff:0f.4 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Caching Agent (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 6fe0

ff:0f.5 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Caching Agent (rev 03)

ff:0f.6 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Caching Agent (rev 03)

ff:10.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D R2PCIe Agent (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D R2PCIe Agent

ff:10.1 Performance counters: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D R2PCIe Agent (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D R2PCIe Agent
    Kernel driver in use: bdx_uncore

ff:10.5 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Ubox (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Ubox

ff:10.6 Performance counters: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Ubox (rev 03)

ff:10.7 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Ubox (rev 03)

ff:12.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Home Agent 0 (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Home Agent 0
    Kernel driver in use: sbridge_edac

ff:12.1 Performance counters: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Home Agent 0 (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Home Agent 0

ff:13.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Target Address/Thermal/RAS (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Target Address/Thermal/RAS

ff:13.1 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Target Address/Thermal/RAS (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Target Address/Thermal/RAS

ff:13.2 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel Target Address Decoder (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel Target Address Decoder

ff:13.3 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel Target Address Decoder (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel Target Address Decoder

ff:13.4 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel Target Address Decoder (rev 03)

ff:13.5 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel Target Address Decoder (rev 03)

ff:13.6 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D DDRIO Channel 0/1 Broadcast (rev 03)

ff:13.7 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D DDRIO Global Broadcast (rev 03)

ff:14.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel 0 Thermal Control (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel 0 Thermal Control

ff:14.1 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel 1 Thermal Control (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel 1 Thermal Control

ff:14.2 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel 0 Error (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel 0 Error

ff:14.3 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel 1 Error (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel 1 Error

ff:14.4 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D DDRIO Channel 0/1 Interface (rev 03)

ff:14.5 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D DDRIO Channel 0/1 Interface (rev 03)

ff:14.6 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D DDRIO Channel 0/1 Interface (rev 03)

ff:14.7 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D DDRIO Channel 0/1 Interface (rev 03)

ff:15.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel 2 Thermal Control (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel 2 Thermal Control

ff:15.1 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel 3 Thermal Control (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel 3 Thermal Control

ff:15.2 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel 2 Error (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel 2 Error

ff:15.3 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel 3 Error (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Memory Controller 0 - Channel 3 Error

ff:1e.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Power Control Unit (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Power Control Unit

ff:1e.1 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Power Control Unit (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Power Control Unit

ff:1e.2 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Power Control Unit (rev 03)

ff:1e.3 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Power Control Unit (rev 03)
    Memory at <ignored> (type 3, non-prefetchable) [disabled]

ff:1e.4 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Power Control Unit (rev 03)

ff:1f.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Power Control Unit (rev 03)

ff:1f.2 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E7 v4/Xeon E5 v4/Xeon E3 v4/Xeon D Power Control Unit (rev 03)

Hi all !!!! 

just a couple of simple questions:

• I would like to make a second  USB stick as backup, is there any method to duplicate the 1st one? Or Do I have to make all the TC method again?
  • Which one of the HBA LSI or ANY other SATA card can I add at the moment which gives me a fair level of stability with Red-Pill DSM 7.0.1  for 918+ ? 

thanks in advance!

On 3/23/2022 at 10:06 PM, RedwinX said:

@Orphée Just for my knowledge, do you think we can use the i915 driver on a redpill emulated synology without iGPU to get the HW transcoding? like a DS3622xs+, with a little insmod i915? :D 

Does DS3622xs supporting efficient HW transcoding with CPU ? Actually, I'm not sure.

I had an Asus p10s-i with g4620 CPU, but with DSM ds918/1019 based on jun/redpill loader no one device inside /dev/dri/ folder is presented. So, that MB has Intel® C232 Chipset, that doesn't support that feature. 

Quick answer: the ability of the HW transcoding is based on the chipset functionality. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hackaro said:

Hi all !!!! 

just a couple of simple questions:

• I would like to make a second  USB stick as backup, is there any method to duplicate the 1st one? Or Do I have to make all the TC method again?
  • Which one of the HBA LSI or ANY other SATA card can I add at the moment which gives me a fair level of stability with Red-Pill DSM 7.0.1  for 918+ ? 

thanks in advance!

You can use Win32DiskImager to create a backup (image file to save or to write back to another USB stick). You have to use stick with same vid/pid ofcourse.

Can't help with your second question.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T-REX-XP said:

Does DS3622xs supporting efficient HW transcoding with CPU ? Actually, I'm not sure.

I had an Asus p10s-i with g4620 CPU, but with DSM ds918/1019 based on jun/redpill loader no one device inside /dev/dri/ folder is presented. So, that MB has Intel® C232 Chipset, that doesn't support that feature. 

Quick answer: the ability of the HW transcoding is based on the chipset functionality. 

Yeah I know that. That's not my question. With an Intel i3-10100 for exemple, you can HW transcode with the iGPU (Intel HD630). My question is : 

With Redpill 7.0.1-42218 based on ds918+, it works fine, with a modded i915.ko

My question : is it working with redpill 7.0.1-42218 based on ds3622xs for exemple (which is not supported on a real 3622xs) with the same modded i915.ko module