RedPill - the new loader for 6.2.4 - Discussion


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, pigr8 said:

https://github.com/r0bb10/rp-ext

there you have some extensions that work with 7.0.1-42218, sas-activator too

 

OK , I did fork sas activator, but couldn't get it to load, but the one you have provided does , thank you .. 

I'm not sure if I need to add mpt2sas as I think it should be already included . 

Got some testing to do I think .. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, shibby said:

@pocopico i finally compile tn40xx myself and it works

 


[ 2273.598415] tn40xx: Tehuti Network Driver, 0.3.6.14.1
[ 2273.603509] tn40xx: Supported phys : MV88X3120 MV88X3310
[ 2273.609313] tn40xx 0000:01:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
[ 2273.615302] tn40xx: srom 0x0 HWver 16 build 0 lane# 4 max_pl 0x1 mrrs 0x2
[ 2273.834763] tn40xx: PHY detected on port 0 ID=2B09AB - MV88X3310 (A1) 10Gbps 10GBase-T
[ 2273.842690] tn40xx: PHY type by svid 0 found 4
[ 2276.955878] tn40xx: MV88X3310 firmware code is running
[ 2276.961112] tn40xx: MV88X3310 FW version is 0.2.8.0
[ 2277.154530] tn40xx: fw 0xe
[ 2277.157252] tn40xx: eth1, Port A
[ 2277.160496] tn40xx: 1 1fc9:4027:1432:8104
[ 2277.164519] tn40xx: detected 1 cards, 1 loaded

 

Main problem was in sources. Only the oldest one (v0.3.6.14.1) supports vendor MV88X3310. All newer doesn`t


[  158.836678] tn40xx: Tehuti Network Driver, 0.3.6.17.2
[  158.841745] tn40xx: Supported phys :    QT2025 TLK10232 AQR105 MUSTANG

 

I will try backport MV88X3310 to the latest sources because on 6.2.3 with extras it`s working


6.2.3 with extras

[   21.455402] tn40xx: Tehuti Network Driver, 0.3.6.17.2
[   21.460489] tn40xx: Supported phys : MV88X3120 MV88X3310 MV88E2010 QT2025 TLK10232 AQR105 MUSTANG
[   21.469635] tn40xx: srom 0x0 HWver 16 build 0 lane# 4 max_pl 0x0 mrrs 0x2
[   21.689198] tn40xx: PHY detected on port 0 ID=2B09AB - MV88X3310 (A1) 10Gbps 10GBase-T
[   21.697107] tn40xx: PHY type by svid 0 found 4
[   24.948258] tn40xx: MV88X3310 initdata applied
[   24.952777] tn40xx: MV88X3310 I/D version is 0.3.4.0
[   25.145958] tn40xx: fw 0xe
[   25.148678] tn40xx: eth0, Port A
[   25.151911] tn40xx: 1 1fc9:4027:1432:8104
[   25.155919] tn40xx: detected 1 cards, 1 loaded
[   30.585590] tn40xx: eth0 Link Up 10G

 

 

Can you share the compilation process you used ? I'm very curious why it failed 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@pocopico i need your advise. I successful compiled latest tn40xx driver with added MV88X3310 support (module in attachment). I copied module to /usr/lib/modules. Module works:

root@nas:~# modprobe tn40xx
root@nas:~#

#dmesg
[  353.114733] tn40xx: Tehuti Network Driver, 0.3.6.17.2
[  353.119815] tn40xx: Supported phys :  MV88X3310  QT2025 TLK10232 AQR105 MUSTANG
[  353.127276] tn40xx 0000:01:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
[  353.133276] tn40xx: srom 0x0 HWver 16 build 0 lane# 4 max_pl 0x1 mrrs 0x2
[  353.352584] tn40xx: PHY detected on port 0 ID=2B09AB - MV88X3310 (A1) 10Gbps 10GBase-T
[  353.360511] tn40xx: PHY type by svid 0 found 4
[  356.485600] tn40xx: MV88X3310 initdata applied
[  356.490121] tn40xx: MV88X3310 I/D version is 0.3.4.0
[  356.683372] tn40xx: fw 0xe
[  356.686080] tn40xx: eth1, Port A
[  356.689315] tn40xx: 1 1fc9:4027:1432:8104
[  356.693323] tn40xx: detected 1 cards, 1 loaded

 

Now i want to load module automatically with DSM start, so i made file /usr/lib/modules-load.d/70-network-0100-tn40xx.conf

tn40xx

 

but after reboot module is not loaded

root@nas:~# dmesg | grep tn40xx
[   30.401708] tn40xx: Unknown rela relocation: 4

 

What can i do to fix it?

tn40xx.zip

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pocopico said:

 

Can you share the compilation process you used ? I'm very curious why it failed 

 

sources:
https://github.com/acooks/tn40xx-driver/tree/vendor-drop/v0.3.6.17.2

 

missing file

https://git.dtcl.ch/DTCL/proxmox-dtcl-drivers/raw/branch/master/drivers/tehuti-tn40xx/src/MV88X3310_phy.h

 

i use toolkit-dev7 to compile (ds.apollolake-7.0.dev.txz)

make -C /usr/src/module_compile/tn40xx-driver-vendor-drop-v0.3.6.17.2 EXPECTED_KDIR=/usr/src/module_compile/DSM-7.0-toolkit/build MV88X3310=YES QT=YES TL=YES AQ=YES MUSTANG=YES

 

done

Edited by shibby
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shibby said:

@pocopico i need your advise. I successful compiled latest tn40xx driver with added MV88X3310 support (module in attachment). I copied module to /usr/lib/modules. Module works:


root@nas:~# modprobe tn40xx
root@nas:~#

#dmesg
[  353.114733] tn40xx: Tehuti Network Driver, 0.3.6.17.2
[  353.119815] tn40xx: Supported phys :  MV88X3310  QT2025 TLK10232 AQR105 MUSTANG
[  353.127276] tn40xx 0000:01:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
[  353.133276] tn40xx: srom 0x0 HWver 16 build 0 lane# 4 max_pl 0x1 mrrs 0x2
[  353.352584] tn40xx: PHY detected on port 0 ID=2B09AB - MV88X3310 (A1) 10Gbps 10GBase-T
[  353.360511] tn40xx: PHY type by svid 0 found 4
[  356.485600] tn40xx: MV88X3310 initdata applied
[  356.490121] tn40xx: MV88X3310 I/D version is 0.3.4.0
[  356.683372] tn40xx: fw 0xe
[  356.686080] tn40xx: eth1, Port A
[  356.689315] tn40xx: 1 1fc9:4027:1432:8104
[  356.693323] tn40xx: detected 1 cards, 1 loaded

 

Now i want to load module automatically with DSM start, so i made file /usr/lib/modules-load.d/70-network-0100-tn40xx.conf


tn40xx

 

but after reboot module is not loaded


root@nas:~# dmesg | grep tn40xx
[   30.401708] tn40xx: Unknown rela relocation: 4

 

What can i do to fix it?

tn40xx.zip 1.67 MB · 0 downloads

 

I have noticed that the 70-network-XXX conf are not loaded .. try using the 70-disk-XXX instead

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys, with the help of @Orphée and @Comic Chang's repo , @pocopico driver I wrote a script which gives you Redpill image please change VID/PID/Mac/Serial no. accordingly

I tried in Linux VM
 

GUIDE:-

```nano takeredpill.sh```
add your PID/VID/MAC/SN in the beginning of the script
```chmod +x takeredpill.sh```
```sh takeredpill.sh````

output folder have image
** this is early stage may be error happen don't worry please ping me :)

takeredpill.sh

 

takeredpill.sh

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@pocopico

 

compiled once again with CROSS_COMPILE

make -C /usr/src/module_compile/tn40xx-driver-vendor-drop-v0.3.6.17.2 EXPECTED_KDIR=/usr/src/module_compile/DSM-7.0-toolkit/build CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/src/module_compile/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu- MV88X3310=YES QT=YES TL=YES AQ=YES MUSTANG=YES

 

and now it works!!

shibby@nas:~$ dmesg | grep tn40xx
[   27.203540] tn40xx: Tehuti Network Driver, 0.3.6.17.2
[   27.203541] tn40xx: Supported phys :  MV88X3310  QT2025 TLK10232 AQR105 MUSTANG
[   27.203567] tn40xx 0000:01:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
[   27.203638] tn40xx: srom 0x0 HWver 16 build 0 lane# 4 max_pl 0x1 mrrs 0x2
[   27.420101] tn40xx: PHY detected on port 0 ID=2B09AB - MV88X3310 (A1) 10Gbps 10GBase-T
[   27.420102] tn40xx: PHY type by svid 0 found 4
[   30.530192] tn40xx: MV88X3310 initdata applied
[   30.534741] tn40xx: MV88X3310 I/D version is 0.3.4.0
[   30.727831] tn40xx: fw 0xe
[   30.730552] tn40xx: eth0, Port A
[   30.733811] tn40xx: 1 1fc9:4027:1432:8104
[   30.737845] tn40xx: detected 1 cards, 1 loaded
[  170.919776] tn40xx: eth0 Link Up 10G

 

obraz.png.b1211f880906d71b4de42cab87e43d93.png

 

tn40xx.zip

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@pocopicoWith RDM : (Only with these parameters : SataPortMap=18 and DiskIdxMap=0C00 --> 2 SATA controller on ESXi)

The real problem is supervision, we cannot detect serial of disks with RDM...)

image.png.862a737ffdc3f64f0a57142f0eb0c398.png

Just need to rebuild (because of 7 disk listed with SAS)

image.thumb.png.8c27f4f9dfbedcd2ca1c54fd5b489d7d.png

 

Edited by RedwinX
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pigr8 said:

  

 

https://github.com/r0bb10/rp-ext

there you have some extensions that work with 7.0.1-42218, sas-activator too

 

badly patched the work from others, credits to them.

 

edit: if you want i have also the redpill-loader here https://github.com/r0bb10/redpill-load that has everything to build 7.0.1-42218, just add this code to @haydibe0.11 builder and it works.

 

if you build it without ani extra extension the build proceeds with only "thethorgroup.boot-wait" in the bundled-exts

 


{
            "id": "bromolow-7.0.1-42218",
            "platform_version": "bromolow-7.0.1-42218",
            "user_config_json": "bromolow_user_config.json",
            "docker_base_image": "debian:8-slim",
            "compile_with": "toolkit_dev",
            "redpill_lkm_make_target": "prod-v7",
            "downloads": {
                "kernel": {
                    "url": "https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/Synology%20NAS%20GPL%20Source/25426branch/bromolow-source/linux-3.10.x.txz/download",
                    "sha256": "18aecead760526d652a731121d5b8eae5d6e45087efede0da057413af0b489ed"
                },
                "toolkit_dev": {
                    "url": "https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/toolkit/DSM7.0/ds.bromolow-7.0.dev.txz/download",
                    "sha256": "a5fbc3019ae8787988c2e64191549bfc665a5a9a4cdddb5ee44c10a48ff96cdd"
                }
            },
            "redpill_lkm": {
                "source_url": "https://github.com/RedPill-TTG/redpill-lkm.git",
                "branch": "master"
            },
            "redpill_load": {
                "source_url": "https://github.com/r0bb10/redpill-load.git",
                "branch": "master"
            }
        },

 

 

 

Still not following how this properly builds without the proper config folder?  That config folder doesn't exist in any of the repo's.

 

 

[!] There doesn't seem to be a config for DS918+ platform running 7.0.1-42218 (checked /opt/redpill-load/config/DS918+/7.0.1-42218/config.json)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, psychoboi32 said:

Hello guys, with the help of @Orphée and @Comic Chang's repo , @pocopico driver I wrote a script which gives you Redpill image please change VID/PID/Mac/Serial no. accordingly

I tried in Linux VM
 

GUIDE:-

```nano takeredpill.sh```
add your PID/VID/MAC/SN in the beginning of the script
```chmod +x takeredpill.sh```
```sh takeredpill.sh````

output folder have image
** this is early stage may be error happen don't worry please ping me :)

takeredpill.shUnavailable

 

takeredpill.sh 2.04 kB · 16 downloads

 

Good effort, but be aware that TTG are already planning this functionality for the final release (and maybe beta, too).

 

If you read nothing else from the past in this thread, at least read TTG's posts. They give a *lot* of detail about where the project is heading and should help reduce duplication of effort 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, tcs said:

 

 

Still not following how this properly builds without the proper config folder?  That config folder doesn't exist in any of the repo's.

 

 

[!] There doesn't seem to be a config for DS918+ platform running 7.0.1-42218 (checked /opt/redpill-load/config/DS918+/7.0.1-42218/config.json)

 

ah no i did not add ds918+ on my fork, just the ds3615xs, it's a personal fork to handle just my hw.. you can find the proper config for that on jumkeys github

what you mean with proper config folder? https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/blob/develop/config/DS918%2B/7.0.1-42218/config.json

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Good effort, but be aware that TTG are already planning this functionality for the final release (and maybe beta, too).
 
If you read nothing else from the past in this thread, at least read TTG's posts. They give a *lot* of detail about where the project is heading and should help reduce duplication of effort

yeap you are right but i am using for myself (ci/cd) and some noob guys who just want .img so i thought why not share it lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, pigr8 said:

 

ah no i did not add ds918+ on my fork, just the ds3615xs, it's a personal fork to handle just my hw.. you can find the proper config for that on jumkeys github

what you mean with proper config folder? https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/blob/develop/config/DS918%2B/7.0.1-42218/config.json


I was just doing a poor job of noticing the repo changes, don't mind me :D

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Please don't share images. It's been covered many times on this thread why you shouldn't.

i am not sharing image may be i mistyped, i want to say there are people came for just images, they can use script for their own image rather than asking someone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick to those that have already got their LSI cards working on either baremetal os ESXi . 

 

Happy to experiment , but if someone can save me the time :) 

 

Do I also need to load mpt2sas extension for my card , if I have already added sas activator ext ? I was under the impression 3615XS already had this .ko that would be loaded ? 

TTG quote "

A quick update (we will write more tomorrow): the native mpt2sas driver works but it's present only on 3615xs platform. To activate it and make it working properly without any hacks just add this small extension: https://github.com/RedPill-TTG/redpill-sas-activator

 

We also updated the kernel module to rewrite SAS => SATA ports so it should work with any off-the-shelf mpt2sas or mpt3sas driver."

 

Should I be adding supportsas="yes" to my synoinfo ? or is this not required as the kernel rewrites SATA -> SATA ? 

 

 

Edited by scoobdriver
quotes
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, scoobdriver said:

Just a quick to those that have already got their LSI cards working on either baremetal os ESXi . 

 

Happy to experiment , but if someone can save me the time :) 

 

Do I also need to load mpt2sas extension for my card , if I have already added sas activator ext ? I was under the impression 3615XS already had this .ko that would be loaded ? 

 

should I be adding supportsas="yes" to my synoinfo ? 

 

 

 

mpt2sas.ko is already present on the ds3615xs, with the latest redpill there is a patch to fix names so you can use that .ko simply using supportsas=yes (this activates the load of that .ko on boot).

 

sas-activator just loads the same .ko without the need of supportsas=yes, it autodetects the LSI if present and load the correct .ko accordingly.

 

using the latest redpill with the patch probably breaks something in that .ko, so you could use the mpt2sas ext from @pocopico that is compiled in v14 (stock is v20) and does not have that break.

 

from my testing, you should test also and report.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, psychoboi32 said:

i am not sharing image may be i mistyped, i want to say there are people came for just images, they can use script for their own image rather than asking someone.

Cool, cool, cool. I appreciate there's a language gap around these parts and everyone's trying their best (I am very happy that everyone uses English!) :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.