XPEnology Community

RedPill - the new loader for 6.2.4 - Discussion

On 11/24/2021 at 8:22 AM, reziel84 said:

nothing changed pocopico. i just remove data disk, add a new blank one and try to reinstall but after countdown 10:00 to 0 the system is "RECOVERABLE" but i don't understand why. i just try to use another PAT file but nothing, same error occurred. it's really strange.

in attached my log file, it's seem problem with EXT4, but i don't undterstand in wich way i can solve this.

please could you give me some suggestion about it?

serial.out 321.82 kB · 10 downloads

pat file version didn't match with the bootable usb version

21 hours ago, neonflx said:

Any chance an img can be build for the new 3622xs???

My cpu and embed nic matches that perfectly.

drivers can be build as needed, the hard limit is the cpu cores

the 3622xs still comes with a 6 year old 6 core cpu, its a broadwellnk unit (nk presumably stands für new kernel and was/is a branch for 4.4.x kernel)

if anything then "hacking" into a new unit would be something with more cpu resources and maybe nvidia cuda buildin support and nvme support

does anyone know if this redpill loader <redacted> which is for the following cards

– Intel(R) Gigabit Ethernet Linux Driver E1000

– VirtIO support for fast network/PCI/SCSI/network/console

– VMware vmxnet3 virtual NIC driver

Other Lan Driver

– Realtek RT8125B Gigabit Ethernet Linux Driver

– Realtek RT8111GR Gigabir Ethernet Linux Driver

– Intel i210 Gigabit Ethernet Linux Driver

will work with Realtek RT8111F CHIPSET which my lan card has ?  @pocopico

is realtek rt8111gr driver same as realtek rt8111f  ?? @pocopico

Also @pocopico will any support for Intel® 82579LM and 82574L, be added ?

cheers

Edited by flyride
redacted link to images
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

Guys, are you serious?! It is unwanted that prebuild bootloader images are shared as they include proprietary code by Synology and are NOT opensource.

When I see how careless people treat the warning of TTG to not share prebuild bootloader images due to them containting proprietary Synology code, it kind of makes me regret that I ever have shared the rp-helper/rp-toolch-chain with the public. 

I don't understand why it's imposible for some people to respect the wishes of the authors. Thus said, please stop publishing any prebuild images!

Maybe TTG not beeing around is already the consequence of people publishing prebuild images and attract attention causing legal claims..

Edited by haydibe
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, asiawatcher said:

hey @haydibe not all people know how to compile the image!! we just want to use it why jun shared his loader then if there were legal problems?.

I think this is where it would be ideal if some sort of tutorial could be drafted for the masses. I know that RP is still classed as Alpha and in theory for people with some experience, but I think that if there was a guide that could be followed then people who are willing to give it a go can do so.  This would reduce the potential of image sharing.

Of course any guide would be up to the end user to follow and if they didn't get it right then there could be no comeback. We should all be adult enough to run with the consequences in the event something went awry.

Just my $0.02 worth.

• Like 1

yes i agree with @Franks4fingers some better documentation would be great, not everyone has linux machine and while it could be easy to install it on vmware we don't have the knowledge to compile linux binaries and/or add drivers to the image

have been using xpenology since version 5 and then 6 with juns loader but this redpill one i cant follow it !!!

talking about legal worries...for how long has xpenology.org exist ? Also finding the actual person to file a lawsuit from a "TTG" nickname is very unlikely !!

thats all !

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, asiawatcher said:

hey @haydibe not all people know how to compile the image!! we just want to use it why jun shared his loader then if there were legal problems?.

Yep, that totaly fixes the problem! Jun's loader was and still is not open source and a one shot contribution. The difference is that TTG open sourced the whol effort. This is a whole different situation. So, your argument is for that sake of some, we shouldn't care that it risks everything for everyone. I am not sure if I am able to understand that spirit. 

This is not a finished and polished product. At this stage RP targets an audience that provides some skills.. so if someone lack that skills, then I frankly feel those people should wait until the final product (or at least a beta) is available.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

So today, when i tried to play with my Syno on my Gen 8 (Intel Xeon 1225, 8 GB of RAM and NC360T NIC) and latest version of DSM7, DSM crashed and i got no more access on my NAS.

After that i tried to make a new key and make a clean install but i'm stuck when i find and install the pat file (made with haydibe 0.12 rp helper).

I launch the install with the same version of the USB key but after the reboot the status of the NAS don't change and stay as "Not installed".

I tried to install DSM 7 or DSM 6 but same, set the first partition as active also the same. 

Does anyone have an idea to how i can successfully install back DSM ?

I don't have any data to recover but should i erase everything on my 3x4 TB hard drives ? 

Thanks for your advices !

(I don't hide the SN because it's an old one)

Capture d’écran 2021-11-28 234410.png

Edited by Buny74

4 hours ago, asiawatcher said:

does anyone know if this redpill loader https://www.suteediy.tk/downloads which is for the following cards

– Intel(R) Gigabit Ethernet Linux Driver E1000

– VirtIO support for fast network/PCI/SCSI/network/console

– VMware vmxnet3 virtual NIC driver

Other Lan Driver

– Realtek RT8125B Gigabit Ethernet Linux Driver

– Realtek RT8111GR Gigabir Ethernet Linux Driver

– Intel i210 Gigabit Ethernet Linux Driver

will work with Realtek RT8111F CHIPSET which my lan card has ?  @pocopico

is realtek rt8111gr driver same as realtek rt8111f  ?? @pocopico

Also @pocopico will any support for Intel® 82579LM and 82574L, be added ?

cheers

You will have to share your pci ids to be sure.

The TTH has a lot to deliver according to their last post. I’ll keep waiting for Christmas 

8 minutes ago, Buny74 said:

Hi guys,

So today, when i tried to play with my Syno on my Gen 8 (Intel Xeon 1225, 8 GB of RAM and NC360T NIC) and latest version of DSM7, DSM crashed and i got no more access on my NAS.

After that i tried to make a new key and make a clean install but i'm stuck when i find and install the pat file (made with haydibe 0.12 rp helper).

I launch the install with the same version of the USB key but after the reboot the status of the NAS don't change and stay as "Not installed".

I tried to install DSM 7 or DSM 6 but same, set the first partition as active also the same. 

I don't have any data to recover but should i erase everything on my 3x4 TB hard drives ? 

Thanks for your advices !

(I don't hide the SN because it's an old one)

Capture d’écran 2021-11-28 234410.png

Dont panic, I think someone has already installed on Gen8 and you’ll probably be fine. Bare in mind that only 3615 is supported on this CPU. 

• Like 1

il y a 15 minutes, pocopico a dit :

Dont panic, I think someone has already installed on Gen8 and you’ll probably be fine. Bare in mind that only 3615 is supported on this CPU. 

Yep, i know as i'm following everyday this thread. But i just need help from someone who faced this issue before to get back my NAS with a fresh install 😅

Edited by Buny74

4 hours ago, asiawatcher said:

If you google hard enough, you can find places which allow you to discuss and download  freely(Hints: search for Simplified Chinese websites)

It's just NOT allowed here. Please kindly remove your links.

Different villages have different rules.

Now you are informed, hope you can respect it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, asiawatcher said:

[cut]

not all people know how to compile the image!!

[/cut]

7 hours ago, asiawatcher said:

[cut]

..not everyone has linux machine and while it could be easy to install it on vmware we don't have the knowledge to compile linux binaries and/or add drivers to the image

[/cut]

so you must be in the wrong place playing with the wrong toys, this is a developer section on not an even alpha argument, if you cant follow and undestand that then that’s not for you, it’s easy to understand.

imho, without even refering to any brand but generally speaking, sharing copyrighted stuff is plain stupid.

still no words about ttg hey? almost 2 months of silence, i hope at least they are ok.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, haydibe said:

Guys, are you serious?! It is unwanted that prebuild bootloader images are shared as they include proprietary code by Synology and are NOT opensource.

When I see how careless people treat the warning of TTG to not share prebuild bootloader images due to them containting proprietary Synology code, it kind of makes me regret that I ever have shared the rp-helper/rp-toolch-chain with the public. 

I don't understand why it's imposible for some people to respect the wishes of the authors. Thus said, please stop publishing any prebuild images!

Maybe TTG not beeing around is already the consequence of people publishing prebuild images and attract attention causing legal claims..

I agree, and if this is the reason TTG stepped back it is a real damn shame. RedPill was finally something in this community that anyone could build on rather than the code being locked down to one person (Jun). It's what is necessary to make this community bigger and even better. It seems the only people sharing full images are people who don't know how to build the image in the first place..... which indicates they also likely don't understand the nuances of open source software/copyrighted software in the first place. Further proof they shouldn't be messing with RedPill...

I pray TTG is okay first of all.... and that they end up coming back if the above is the reason. Please forgive our sins @ThorGroup.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi, 

I have a problem for build IMG with redpill-tool-chain_x86_64_v0.11

[!] There doesn't seem to be a config for DS3615xs platform running 7.0.1-42214 (checked /opt/redpill-load/config/DS3615xs/7.0.1-42214/config.json)

*** Process will exit ***

IMG build is ok with "bromolow-6.2.4-25556" and "bromolow-7.0-41222" not with "7.0.1-42214"

Thank you very much.

On 11/28/2021 at 11:49 PM, Buny74 said:

just erase them then. dsm should start fresh and allow you to install again

Edited by titoum
  • Like 1