XPEnology Community

RedPill - the new loader for 6.2.4 - Discussion

2 hours ago, pocopico said:

Can you please remind me the platform ? DS918 or DS3615 ?

After changing to apollolake toolchain, all compiled modules worked well now!

Thanks!

By the way, the default virtio for DS3615 worked well in my system!

Edited by s2k7
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 5:39 AM, tcs said:

It looks like syno is trying to attach a marvell driver to the drives despite them being on an mpt2sas controller:

cat /var/log/scemd.log

2021-10-11T16:37:24-05:00 host01 scemd[21169]: disk/disk_is_mv1475_driver.c:71 Can't get sata chip name from pattern /sys/block/sdx/device/../../scsi_host/host*/proc_name

Anyone else running bare metal or passthrough LSI with the 918+ and 42218 able to check and see if you have the same errors?

I encountered the same error on ds918+, 7.0.1-42218 version of DSM. Only one hard disk on the SAS controller can read the serial number and firmware version.

The "disk_reason_template_0" message is preventing me from creating a storage pool. Do you have a better solution?

Edited by flybird08

il y a 9 minutes, pocopico a dit :

@jumkey Hi, after creating new image with the latest .pat i'm getting a "Not a gzip file" after decompressing the kernel.

Any ideas  ?

I had the same problem with DS918p, I don't know what exactly it came from, maybe try with this bsp patch 

https://github.com/jimmyGALLAND/redpill-load/commit/6bed6cf910b7ab6a19d7b42df5f92a0350c9a4bd

and tell me if it works for you.

The @UnknownObsp file  https://github.com/unknown-o/redpill-load/tree/master/config/DS3615xs/7.0.1-42218  works great for my virtualbox image.

This is a merge request yesterday on https://github.com/RedPill-TTG/redpill-load/pull/50

with support 7.0.1-42218 new PAT with platform DS3615xs and DS918p. if it's usefull, and it works after your tests, maybe it could be merged at the right time

Edited by buggy25200
info merge request
  • Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 4:43 PM, pocopico said:

如果使用在 redpill-loader 中找到的提取脚本提取内核,则可以提取符号。这些 libata 符号在 918 上不存在。所以换句话说,如果我们甚至获得了来源,我们就很不走运

一些设备。我认为与官方硬件相匹配的裸机越来越难。

@飞鸟08

这就是将 Synology 编译模块与标准内核驱动程序混合时会发生的情况。模块指的是不存在的符号。这是我尝试过的,似乎可以成功加载模块。再次从 repo 下载 mpt3sas.ko。 

insmod scsi_transport_sas.ko
insmod libsas.ko
insmod raid_class.ko
insmod mpt3sas.ko

lsmod |grep -i mpt

mpt3sas 194218 0
raid_class 3508 1 mpt3sas
scsi_transport_sas 23996 2 mpt3sas,libsas

image.thumb.png.5047dac5f8835379b0dcbbaac6acf3c5.png

@pocopico I have encountered some problems. With mpt3sas.ko, although the driver can be mounted successfully, it can not read the correct firmware version and serial number, so it can not be used normally in DSM.

Could you compile mpt2sas.ko? It looks normal on DS3615 and I want to try more on DS918. thanks.

Edited by flybird08

55 minutes ago, flybird08 said:

image.thumb.png.5047dac5f8835379b0dcbbaac6acf3c5.png

@pocopico I have encountered some problems. With mpt3sas.ko, although the driver can be mounted successfully, it can not read the correct firmware version and serial number, so it can not be used normally in DSM.

Could you compile mpt2sas.ko? It looks normal on DS3615 and I want to try more on DS918. thanks.

There is no mpt2sas on the 4.4.x sources. There is only mpt3sas.ko cause they have been merged.

23 minutes ago, pocopico said:

There is no mpt2sas on the 4.4.x sources. There is only mpt3sas.ko cause they have been merged.

Do we have a chance to fake these two information? Like the VIRIO driver? Disk manager requires these two information to be valid to allow the use of disks.

6 minutes ago, pocopico said:

I have no idea ... does smartctl -a /dev/sdx  reports smart information ? 

Yes, smartctl works well. It can read out all SMART information on the hard disk. I think Synlogy must have tried to read this information in some strange way. I hope RedPill has a better idea.😂

Although I can mount LSI Controller with SATA mode using mount cmd, I still hope it can work more perfectly.

7 hours ago, flybird08 said:

I encountered the same error on ds918+, 7.0.1-42218 version of DSM. Only one hard disk on the SAS controller can read the serial number and firmware version.

The "disk_reason_template_0" message is preventing me from creating a storage pool. Do you have a better solution?

I ended up switching to the 3615 image, I could not get the 918 image to properly see the drives.

This update of the redpill_tool_chain helper is long overdue.  From now on the name will be redpill-helper, as it realy is just a helper for redpill-lkm and redpill-load.

You can find the redpill-helper v0.12 attached to this post.

It now supports an "ext" action, which delegates the commands to the ext-manager.sh script inside a container.

The extensions are cached on the host, thus extensions need to be added only once and will apply for all build profiles!

This should put an end to the need to modify the script or to use the run action and add the extensions everytime a bootload image is build.

Additionaly a custom_config.json is introduced, which is the place to store your custom configurations - it needs to be created by yourself and won't be overriden by any future updates of the rp-helper. 

Please read the README.md for usage instructions.

Thanks at Pocopico, WiteWulf and Orphée for testing it thoroughly! Special thanks to WiteWulf for helping me to transform the README.md to a usefull document :)

redpill-helper-v0.12.zip

Edited by haydibe
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 12

if someone is interested. I made an extension package/modules for acpi

(I won't be able to use the already existing extensions, it did not work with my config : virtualbox)

test OK with ds918p_42218 ds3615xs_42218

but not tested with ds918p_25556 ds3615xs_25556

to use

./ext-manager.sh add https://github.com/jimmyGALLAND/redpill-ext/raw/master/acpid/rpext-index.json

Edited by buggy25200
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 4:34 PM, RedwinX said:

WoW !! Have the answer from synology, they will upload the GPL sources on SourceForge ASAP !! Wait & see !!

They said the global deploy of 7.0.1 is not finished now, and we just have to wait 1 or 2 week to have the kernel sources :)

Great! Keep kicking their a*s :)

14 hours ago, pocopico said:

@jumkey Hi, after creating new image with the latest .pat i'm getting a "Not a gzip file" after decompressing the kernel.

Any ideas  ?

maybe repack zImage can not use make defconfig should change to synoconfigs/apollolake or synoconfigs/bromolow, can someone review this shell https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/blob/develop/.github/workflows/make.yml

i will test later

CONFIG_KERNEL_GZIP=y -> # CONFIG_KERNEL_GZIP is not set

# CONFIG_KERNEL_LZMA is not set -> CONFIG_KERNEL_LZMA=y

Edited by jumkey

On 10/23/2021 at 6:57 PM, titoum said:

hi,

those that are on the 7.0.1, do you experiment issue with hyperbackup?

i didnt had issue with the 6.2 and now, the backup can't be resume or finished as it remains stuck at 99% 😤

I've never used HyperBackup in the past, but successfully completed a small (few GB) backup from one xpeno server to another.

3 hours ago, WiteWulf said:

I've never used HyperBackup in the past, but successfully completed a small (few GB) backup from one xpeno server to another.

yep problem is sloved... apparently saving plex directory is blocking the whole thing...wondering why but ok. 😑

3 minutes ago, titoum said:

yep problem is sloved... apparently saving plex directory is blocking the whole thing...wondering why but ok. 😑

Was PMS running at the time? It's basically a big database, so trying to back it up while running will give you errors re. locked files. You should be able to backup the media library locations with no problems, but the database backend will be problematic.

ds918+ 6.2.4-25556 update 2 (thanks to @jumkey's github action)

Test on VMware Workstation (ps. disable boot-wait extension because of error)

source: https://github.com/ek2rlstk/redpill-load/tree/6.2.4-25556-u2 (use 6.2.4-25556-u2 branch)

boot with 6.2.4 loader -> update to 6.2.4 update 2 -> change loader to 6.2.4 update 2

화면 캡처 2021-10-25 195907.png

Edited by p3t3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2