XPEnology Community

RedPill - the new loader for 6.2.4 - Discussion

8 minutes ago, cqranjiian said:

Cannot change built-in SATA to eSATA by modifying /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf and /etc/synoinfo.conf!

I tried to modify internalportcfg and esataportcfg in the boot, but after the restart I returned to the default and didn't know what to do. 

RTFM

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, cqranjiian said:

Cannot change built-in SATA to eSATA by modifying /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf and /etc/synoinfo.conf!

I tried to modify internalportcfg and esataportcfg in the boot, but after the restart I returned to the default and didn't know what to do. 

You have to include that in your configuration before building the loader and this will be statically included on it. If you just change the synoinfo.conf it will be overwritten after reboot. Already answered numerous times but it’s a huge thread indeed 

Edited by pocopico

18 hours ago, WiteWulf said:

As I understand it you shouldn't be modifying synoinfo.conf as it gets overwritten when you upgrade.

Read the documentation and you'll see that any changes you want to be make to synoinfo.conf should be put into the synoinfo stanza in <platform_user_config.json before you build your image. This way your changes are also kept outside of the target system and are easier to reuse in the future.

@cqranjiian as you can see, @WiteWulf already answered you...

If you don't read the answers others give you... Can't help more dude...

2 minutes ago, pocopico said:

You have to include that in your configuration before building the loader and this will be statically included on it. If you just change the synoinfo.conf it will be overwritten after reboot. Already answered numerous times but it’s a huge thread indeed 

OK

5 minutes ago, pocopico said:

Already answered numerous times but it’s a huge thread indeed 

Hey all

This thread is indeed HUUUUGE and to read through the lot (which I have done as I have been following since its inception), is a massively tall order.

Would there be any value in having a separate, locked thread (apart from the key contributors), whereby some of the gold nuggets of info could be documented and referenced for everyone who may have arrived to the party quite late???

Just a thought and happy to be shot down if it's not a beneficial thing to look at.

Cheers and keep up the outstanding work to those with the skills to do so.

Edited by Franks4fingers

1 minute ago, pocopico said:

@Franks4fingersIMHO, this ship has sailed :-) 

I was just thinking about creating a separate installation issues thread but we have to wait for beta release. Otherwise it will eventually be irrelevant.

All good.......it was just a thought to try and prevent people getting annoyed with others who have possibly missed something in the preceding pages.

There are a lot of eyes awaiting the beta release. Me included!

On the other hand, this thread indeed helps expanding the install base and also increase the testing intensity. That’s why more or less worths answering and help more people getting onboard with redpill.

We help others to help ourselves  

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Franks4fingers said:

This thread is indeed HUUUUGE and to read through the lot (which I have done as I have been following since its inception), is a massively tall order.

Well the site has a search function people could use, although I admit to finding it frustrating to use at times.

I find it a lot easier to use Google with the searc tag "site:xpenology.com" to limit results to this site.

I think the frustration comes primarily from people asking questions that are *really* easy to answer by searching, and secondarily from those who expect this to "just work", despite repeated notices from TTG that this shouldn't be considered beta code yet. 

Any documentation or FAQ collection that's made now will be superceded by the look of what been mentioned for TTG's roadmap.

Having said all that, I agree with pocopico's point that it's the people who are keen to experiment that's driving the development and bug fixing right now, so a balance needs to be struck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Franks4fingers said:

All good.......it was just a thought to try and prevent people getting annoyed with others who have possibly missed something in the preceding pages.

There are a lot of eyes awaiting the beta release. Me included!

I totally understand your point of view, yes, the thread is HUUUUGE, but it does not prevent anyone to at least read ThorGroup's messages/answers. They care a lot and take a lot of time to answer each cases, quoting each posts they think revelant.

This is not something so hard to just click on ther account and then click ""See their activity" :

https://xpenology.com/forum/profile/58145-thorgroup/content/

There is only 2 pages to "check" on their activity.

I fully understand there is to much pages to read, but at least a minimal search is mandatory in my opinion.

Edited by Orphée
  • Like 2

On 10/7/2021 at 9:37 PM, psychoboi32 said:

Hello guys, with the help of @Orphée and @Comic Chang's repo , @pocopico driver I wrote a script which gives you Redpill image please change VID/PID/Mac/Serial no. accordingly

I tried in Linux VM

GUIDE:-

```nano takeredpill.sh```
add your PID/VID/MAC/SN in the beginning of the script
```chmod +x takeredpill.sh```
```sh takeredpill.sh````

output folder have image
** this is early stage may be error happen don't worry please ping me :)

takeredpill.shUnavailable

takeredpill.sh 2.04 kB · 71 downloads

[!] Extension is already added (index exists at /home/thestreetdj/Redpill/DS3615xs/redpill-load/custom/extensions/pocopico.mpt2sas/pocopico.mpt2sas.json). For more info use "ext-manager.sh info pocopico.mpt2sas"

*** Process will exit ***
[!] Failed to install pocopico.mptsas bundled extension - see errors above

What's Error? how to fix?

[!] Extension is already added (index exists at /home/thestreetdj/Redpill/DS3615xs/redpill-load/custom/extensions/pocopico.mpt2sas/pocopico.mpt2sas.json). For more info use "ext-manager.sh info pocopico.mpt2sas"
[!] Failed to install pocopico.mptsas bundled extension - see errors above

What's Error? how to fix?

don’t try that script it is waste. if you want to try repill i suggest you to docker image that will work like a charm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, haydibe said:

v0.11 was extended and published by Orphée 😃 

make[1]: Entering directory '/opt/redpill-lkm'
Makefile:78: *** You need to specify one of the following targets: dev-v6, dev-v7, test-v6, test-v7, prod-v6, prod-v7, clean.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/redpill-lkm'
Makefile:23: recipe for target 'build_redpill_lkm' failed
make: *** [build_redpill_lkm] Error 2

Redpill-tool-chain 0.11 use it..

When you use a script, you get this error.
What's the problem?

Edited by progressives

The problem you seen can only happen with versions below 0.10 or if you use a global_config.json copied from an older version.

In case of problems always extract it fresh from the zip and execute the build action, then the auto action without any modifications.

Edited by haydibe
  • Like 1