XPEnology Community

RedPill - the new loader for 6.2.4 - Discussion

12 hours ago, rok1 said:

The HP360T is a great card, you can still make it work..

2 options...

1. Modify the slot with an exacto-knife or

2. Buy this: https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Express-Profile-Extension-Adapter/dp/B0039XPS5W

Thankfully the internal nic works so I won't need to make an additional purchase. If anyone wants the H360T I have though let me know. I'll sell it at cost

1 hour ago, sebg35 said:

Hi, 

Same logs on my baremetal gen10 plus, using the 3615xs and 7.0.1. My cpu is xeon e-2224.

FYI always crashing When i try to log in. 

I rollback to 6.2.3.

Hi there, can you grab the serial console output from a crash before you roll take 7.0.1 off that Gen10? If you're not sure how, have a search of the forum for accessing the virtual serial port via iLO on the HP hardware, it's a common question.

il y a 51 minutes, WiteWulf a dit :

Hi there, can you grab the serial console output from a crash before you roll take 7.0.1 off that Gen10? If you're not sure how, have a search of the forum for accessing the virtual serial port via iLO on the HP hardware, it's a common question.

Hi Witewulf, i already rollback.

I Will try leater with empty disk to check logs before crash. 

• Like 1

root@Apollo:~# cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/hwmon/hwmon0/temp1_input
root@Apollo:/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0# awk '{print $1/1000}' temp1_input

Before the latest changes, I had the default temperature of 40 C, probably sensors were not working and it showed the default minimum temperature like all the genuine synologys.

With the latest changes to redpill, I have CPU temperatures of ~60 degrees C. I think it`s pretty hot for a idle NAS. In bios and other linux distrib it idled around 40-45 C. I don`t think the latest changes to redpill read the sensors temperature ok.

I think the 37 degrees C from the terminal is the correct temperature.

thermal.png

Edited by ct85msi

I made a migration install on baremetal (Intel SS4200) and noticed some improvements to my first attempt some weeks ago.

I used the tool-chain v0.11 and bromolow 7.0 for DS3615xs. Maybe I made a mistake last time and filled vid/pid and not pid/vid (pay attention on that). DSM-install went smooth. This time I have all four internal disks accessable (on ICH7R chipset). Last time I could only see one hdd.

And now the Info-Center is filled and not empty anymore. I can see 2 cores and 2,2 GHz cpu speed, which could be the real data (I'm not sure, if I already changed the old celeron cpu to a core2duo 2,2 GHz, but I think I did). The cpu type is shown as i3-4130 which isn't correct (but for DS3615xs I think), but I can live with that 😀

Thanks again to all who help to make this working. I'm happy 'til now and will test further.

Edit: temperature is also shown at 60°C, but atm the storage pool is created. CPU load at 25%. Maybe it goes down when finished.

Edited by paro44

35 minutes ago, ct85msi said:

Before the latest changes, I had the default temperature of 40 C, probably sensors were not working and it showed the default minimum temperature like all the genuine synologys.

With the latest changes to redpill, I have CPU temperatures of ~60 degrees C. I think it`s preety hot for a idle NAS. In bios and other linux distrib it idled around 40-45 C. I don`t think the latest changes to redpill read the sensors temperature ok.

thermal.png

Mine says it's idling in the 60's too which immediately looked strange to me so I figured it had to wrong as well.

2 hours ago, ct85msi said:

With the latest changes to redpill, I have CPU temperatures of ~60 degrees C. I think it`s pretty hot for a idle NAS. In bios and other linux distrib it idled around 40-45 C. I don`t think the latest changes to redpill read the sensors temperature ok.

thermal.png

Mine sits at 40+ all the time even though lm-sensors reports low 30s. 

8 hours ago, WiteWulf said:

@imdgg as Orphée pointed, there's an ongoing issue with databases and/or docker crashing the DS3615xs image, both on baremetal and virtualised platforms, that's not present on 918+. However that may not be the root of your problem. Your logs are full of the following message:

2021-09-25T22:31:50+08:00 DS3615xs synostgd-cache[9725]: cache_monitor.c:2074 [Error] Can't support DS with cpu number (1)

At a guess your ESXi guest only has one vCPU configured? Try increasing it to 2 and see how you get on. You've got 4 cores on that CPU (8 with hyperthreading), show it some love 😁

i increased vCPU to 2, it still crashed 

Mine says it's idling in the 60's too which immediately looked strange to me so I figured it had to wrong as well.
It's the emulated value. It doesn't read out any value from your real hardware. It was mentioned in the latest changelog/update of Redpill.

Skickat från min GM1913 via Tapatalk

Hi guys!

I have microserver gen10+(xeon 2246) with esxi7.0u2 installed. Boot image made with redpill-tool-chain_x86_64_v0.10 and converted it to vmdk.

The system I was trying to assemble redpill-DS918+_7.0.1-42214_b1632684538.img

The instructions I used.

Firs time I boot I checked the SATA boot, the system Is trying to boot, it even accessible by the web, but it can not see the disks.

If I move data disk to Sata Controller0(0:1), then setup sees 2 disks and trying to zero them - of course it fail after some time.

Please help to make disks visible on Sata Controller 1 or 2.

1.thumb.png.3e33b5f69776d6e32b3d563780bfd4d2.png2.thumb.png.1ed6716f3b90146e79af2a96d39b6427.png

3 hours ago, andreika said:

Hi guys!

I have microserver gen10+(xeon 2246) with esxi7.0u2 installed. Boot image made with redpill-tool-chain_x86_64_v0.10 and converted it to vmdk.

The system I was trying to assemble redpill-DS918+_7.0.1-42214_b1632684538.img

The instructions I used.

Firs time I boot I checked the SATA boot, the system Is trying to boot, it even accessible by the web, but it can not see the disks.

If I move data disk to Sata Controller0(0:1), then setup sees 2 disks and trying to zero them - of course it fail after some time.

Please help to make disks visible on Sata Controller 1 or 2.

1.thumb.png.3e33b5f69776d6e32b3d563780bfd4d2.png2.thumb.png.1ed6716f3b90146e79af2a96d39b6427.png

when you see the boot menu,

choose SATA boot and press e to edit boot menu

add ‘DiskIdxMap=0c00 SataPortMap=1’ at the end of the boot args entry.

then press ctrl+x to boot

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wang_chx said:

I am using E3-1265L CPU that can load DS918+ loader, but failed to find IP address, not sure the problem is from CPU or Lan, but there is no issue about DS3615xs loader.

can you lauch a container in 3615xs?

my CPU: E3 1265L V2

On 9/25/2021 at 8:33 PM, paro44 said:

And now the Info-Center is filled and not empty anymore. I can see 2 cores and 2,2 GHz cpu speed, which could be the real data (I'm not sure, if I already changed the old celeron cpu to a core2duo 2,2 GHz, but I think I did). The cpu type is shown as i3-4130 which isn't correct (but for DS3615xs I think), but I can live with that 😀

Info Center always shows what it thinks the CPU *should* be, based not the image in use, not the actual CPU. It shows the correct RAM installed, though.

1 hour ago, wang_chx said:

I am using E3-1265L CPU that can load DS918+ loader, but failed to find IP address, not sure the problem is from CPU or Lan, but there is no issue about DS3615xs loader.

I assume you're using a E3-1265L V3, then. It's important to make the distinction.

Your choice of CPU won't affect your NIC acquiring a DHCP lease. It's most likely a problem with missing NIC drivers on that image. As some others have suggested, try booting the machine off a small linux USB image like kali and see what NIC drivers get loaded. Once you've identified the necessary drivers you can work on compiling them and adding them to an image for 918+

5 часов назад, imdgg сказал:

when you see the boot menu,

choose SATA boot and press e to edit boot menu

add ‘DiskIdxMap=0c00 SataPortMap=1’ at the end of the boot args entry.

then press ctrl+x to boot

Аfter I did this - the disk was appeared and installation process was successfully finished. But after reboot the vm(boot was with the same parameters) I can not ping the vm, it does not start.

Removing parameters ‘DiskIdxMap=0c00 SataPortMap=1’ boot the vm in dsm installation again without disks.

38 minutes ago, andreika said:

Аfter I did this - the disk was appeared and installation process was successfully finished. But after reboot the vm(boot was with the same parameters) I can not ping the vm, it does not start.

Removing parameters ‘DiskIdxMap=0c00 SataPortMap=1’ boot the vm in dsm installation again without disks.

make sure you chose the SATA boot entry,and add the parameters.

Edited by imdgg

3 минуты назад, imdgg сказал:

after installed dsm,you should mount /dev/synoboot1 ,and edit grub.cfg file

add the parameters ‘DiskIdxMap=0c00 SataPortMap=1’ to the grub.cfg file

Actually dsm boot process was finished, but without network. Should I do what you said?

Please see the log, may be i can not see something important?

logboot.txt

38 minutes ago, andreika said:

Actually dsm boot process was finished, but without network. Should I do what you said?

Please see the log, may be i can not see something important?

logboot.txt 39.29 kB · 4 downloads

Make sure that the network card is set to e1000e. Thats the only VMware adapter that will work out of the box.

@loomes

Some findings about face detection:
1. The CPU of I7-8700 has the core display of UHD630. It can be successful to install DSM7.0.1 under the physical machine
2. The CPU of I7-8700 has a UHD630 core display, install PVE, the core display passes through to DSM7.0.1, ls /dev/dri/ gets card0 renderD128, but the face detection is unsuccessful

We don't have any /dev/dri/ on DS3615xs and Facedetection works on DSM 6.2.4 and DSM7 on my HP Gen8 running with ESXi.

I just had to set core numbers to 2 (instead of 2vCPU / 1 core, I changed to 2vCPU / 2 cores)

Of course I have real SN/MAC.

(It also works with Jun's loader DSM 6.2.3 with same setup)

But not listed as compatible by Synology... lol

https://kb.synology.com/en-ca/DSM/tutorial/Which_Synology_NAS_models_support_the_facial_recognition_feature_on_Synology_Photos

Edited by Orphée

54 минуты назад, pocopico сказал:

Make sure that the network card is set to e1000e. Thats the only VMware adapter that will work out of the box.

I found my error.

I put mac address in configuration with ":" symbols. Removing symbols fixed the problem.

Thank you for support!

Now it is working!!!

Le 25/09/2021 à 19:09, sebg35 a dit :

Hi, 

Same logs on my baremetal gen10 plus, using the 3615xs and 7.0.1. My cpu is xeon e-2224.

FYI always crashing When i try to log in. 

I rollback to 6.2.3.

Just a quick reminder for myself (and maybe it can help other) for the next try :

When i start to upgrade my Gen10 plus (1 internal Sata with 4 disks 1,2,3,4) from 6.2.3 (Jun loader 3617xs) to 7.0.0 (Redpill) 3615xs :

• Only one disk was shown with id 13 ? 

In order to get all 4 disks working i was needed to modify grub :

• Jun Loader 6.2.3 Grub :

Bold : present by default on Jun loader ?

set common_args_3617='syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 HddHotplug=0 syno_hw_version=DS3617xs vender_format_version=2 console=ttyS0,115200n8 withefi elevator=elevator quiet syno_port_thaw=1'

set sata_args='sata_uid=1 sata_pcislot=5 synoboot_satadom=1 DiskIdxMap=0C SataPortMap=1 SasIdxMap=0'

• Redpill Loader 7.0.0 Grub : 

Bold : Added

linux /zImage mac3=xx mac2=xx DiskIdxMap=00 mac1=xxmac4=xx netif_num=4 earlycon=uart8250,io,0x3f8,115200n8 syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 vid=xx syno_hdd_detect=0 pid=xx console=ttyS0,115200n8 elevator=elevator sn=xx root=/dev/md0 SataPortMap=1 SasIdxMap=0 sata_uid=1 sata_pcislot=5 earlyprintk loglevel=15 log_buf_len=32M syno_port_thaw=1 HddHotplug=0 withefi syno_hw_version=DS3615xs vender_format_version=2 

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work, the below is not my work but bits extracted from the thread so kudos to the posters. But this is what I used to get my machine booted.

On first launch it did take a good amount of time to become discoverable, maybe 5-10 mins so be patient, after install I got a something is wrong message, wait another 5 mins and you should then be able to log in.

I've just got this running on my baremetal ASROCK J3455-ITX MB with no modification.

Rocking Applolake DSM 7.0.1

Added the below to global config for RedPill tool chain v0.11

{
            "id": "apollolake-7.0.1-42214",
            "platform_version": "apollolake-7.0.1-42214",
            "user_config_json": "apollolake_user_config.json",
            "docker_base_image": "debian:10-slim",
            "compile_with": "toolkit_dev",
            "redpill_lkm_make_target": "prod-v7",
            "downloads": {
                "kernel": {
                    "url": "https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/Synology%20NAS%20GPL%20Source/25426branch/apollolake-source/linux-4.4.x.txz/download",
                    "sha256": "af815ee065775d2e569fd7176e25c8ba7ee17a03361557975c8e5a4b64230c5b"
                },
                "toolkit_dev": {
                    "url": "https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/toolkit/DSM7.0/ds.apollolake-7.0.dev.txz/download",
                    "sha256": "d349fa644392d4cfab8191243ee38aaa32bd517208c144678e0c855cb5a619ea"
                }
            },
            "redpill_lkm": {
                "source_url": "https://github.com/RedPill-TTG/redpill-lkm.git",
                "branch": "master"
            },
            "redpill_load": {
                "source_url": "https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load.git",
                "branch": "develop"
            }

Updated apollolake_user_config.json with device information VID/PID MAC/Serial

On Ubuntu VM ran the following

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install docker.io
sudo apt install jq
sudo apt install curl
cd redpill-tool-chain_x86_64_v0.11
chmod +x redpill_tool_chain.sh
sudo bash ./redpill_tool_chain.sh build apollolake-7.0.1-42214 && sudo bash ./redpill_tool_chain.sh auto apollolake-7.0.1-42214

Copied the image and flashed to USB using balenaEtcher and then copied the pat to desktop to upload as part of the install.

Enjoy :-)

• Like 4