XPEnology Community

RedPill - the new loader for 6.2.4 - Discussion

4 hours ago, root616 said:

There is some thing wrong with v0.9 toolchain' UEFI boot, can not boot. Fallback to v0.8 uefi works fine.

Neither the Dockerfile, nor the Makefile changed between v0.8 and v0.9. Thus nothing that would effect how the image is build or how the container runs was changed... 

You might want to clean your build cache and image cache and try 0.9 again.  

Hi, I'm hoping someone can give me a pointer.  I couldn't find anything related by searching the thread so I thought I'd post the issue I'm running into.

I'm attempting to go through the install process. It gets through 100% and then starts a 10 minutes countdown. At that point the vm restarts and I manually choose the SATA boot option. The countdown ends and says "something went wrong" with the option to "connect again". It then takes me back to a similar page as the install, but it says:

Welcome Back!

We've detected that you had moved the hard drives to a new DS3615xs. Please click Recover if you want to recover your data and settings now.

If I click the Recover button, it goes through an install process and jumps from 1%,2%, then 100% quickly and gives another 10 minute countdown that ends in the same way.

Details:

I'm using virt-manager to create a QEMU/KVM vm. I use the e1000e nic with NAT and two sata hard drives. The first has the redpill bromolow 7.0-41222 image, and the second is a new qcow2 disk. I've also added a couple of serial ports dumping out to a file.

When I look at the output from the first serial port when it reboots after the install, it seems to boot similarly to the first boot and ends with "Diskstation login:" and nothing more gets logged.

Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Edited by Shaun Blake

2 hours ago, haydibe said:

Neither the Dockerfile, nor the Makefile changed between v0.8 and v0.9. Thus nothing that would effect how the image is build or how the container runs was changed... 

You might want to clean your build cache and image cache and try 0.9 again.  

I can confirm something is wrong with 0.9. It's the version I initially tried and the usb was not bootable. When I changed to 0.74 the USB was bootable. I'm on a UEFI only motherboard.

Edited by toyanucci

5 hours ago, toyanucci said:

I can confirm something is wrong with 0.9. It's the version I initially tried and the usb was not bootable. When I changed to 0.74 the USB was bootable. I'm on a UEFI only motherboard.

Yes! It's not bootable, and I noticed the v0.9 uefi boot files are different from v0.8 or other uefi bootable toolchain version.

Edited by root616

The redpill is new to me, so two days ago i decided to give it a go and look if i could get a test rig running.

I tried the 0.8 and 0.9 tool and both would not work. The USB stick was never bootable. 

So i downloaded a precompiled image i found a couple pages back and tried it. Everything worked flawlessly after changing Pid, Vid and Mac address.

I inspected both images by mounting the first partition with OSFmount ( the one i downloaded and those that i made myself with the tool ) and I noticed there were two folders missing.Both folders were the cause why it wouldn't boot. 

After copying the missing two folders to my image i build, everything worked without any issues and my test rig is running 7.0 since yesterday

So unless I'm doing something wrong, both the 0.8 and 0.9 don't add the UEFI stuff to the image for me

All i did was ./redpill_tool_chain.sh build apollolake-xxx and then ./redpill_tool_chain.sh auto apollolake-xxx

Am i doing something wrong?

Edited by xPalito93
Typo

13 minutes ago, xPalito93 said:

The redpill is new to me, so two days ago i decided to give it a go and look if i could get a test rig running.

I tried the 0.8 and 0.9 tool and both would not work. The USB stick was never bootable. 

So i downloaded a precompiled image i found a couple pages back and tried it. Everything worked flawlessly after changing Pid, Vid and Mac address.

I inspected both images by mounting the first partition with OSFmount ( the one i downloaded and those that i made myself with the tool ) and I noticed there were two folders missing.Both folders were the cause why it wouldn't boot. 

After copying the missing two folders to my image i build, everything worked without any issues and my test rig is running 7.0 since yesterday

So unless I'm doing something wrong, both the 0.8 and 0.9 don't add the UEFI stuff to the image for me

All i did was ./redpill_tool_chain.sh build apollolake-xxx and then ./redpill_tool_chain.sh auto apollolake-xxx

Am i doing something wrong?

i have build 20.09.2021  the loader for 918 redpill-DS918+_7.0.1-42214_b1632160709.img and can confirm that uefi was not booting.

Edited by nemesis122

8 hours ago, toyanucci said:

3 hours ago, root616 said:

Yes! It's not bootable, and I noticed the v0.9 uefi boot files are different from v0.8 or other uefi bootable toolchain version.

This doesn't add up.... The toochain builder does exactly nothing  to either support or prevent uefi, this is part of what redpill-load does. So far I understand your post as "the toolchain builder uses a redpill-load version that lacks the features that have been previously there". The toolchain can and will not influence how redpill-lkm and redpill-load work. Never did, never will!

• Like 2

i found here the driver for me in this thread but how can i addit now in the image or to the maschine ?

thanks

On 9/9/2021 at 5:48 PM, snowfox said:

How to build intel 10G netcard driver to *.ko ?  synology can't run "make" command!no kernel-devel!

Can you help me build it for 7.0.1 ?tks

ixgbe-5.12.5.tar.gz 506 kB · 5 downloads

Il y a 14 heures, D.S a dit :

I have experience on Aquantia (Qnap QXG-10G1T), I tried to put different version of driver (included compiled by myself) to the loader, but none of them is working. However, after installed DSM, just create a script and upload to "/usr/lib/modules-load.d/" then copy atlantic.ko to "/usr/lib/modules/", reboot and it will works. I attached the files if needed.

AQC107_0921.zip 3 Mo · 9 downloads

hi, 

I try this but it's not good for me
why atlantic.ko in your archive = 10Mo and atlantic.ko for 6.2.3 = 185ko

newbee here,

using v0.9 toolchain' UEFI boot ,918+ 7.01 usb loader works fine that I can find ip ,but hdd error in 2nd step.

my motherboard is z370n wifi,there are two m.2 connector,one of m.2 support SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD(M2A_32G) and 4 sata port (sata2-sata5 in bios),

trying to change DiskIdxMap=00 SataPortMap=4 SasIdxMap=0 or DiskIdxMap=0400 SataPortMap=01 SasIdxMap=0,still doesn't work

2021-09-22_53_30.thumb.png.1f2f1d337983aa3745f12de725d447a9.png

35 minutes ago, dhlsam said:

newbee here,

using v0.9 toolchain' UEFI boot ,918+ 7.01 usb loader works fine that I can find ip ,but hdd error in 2nd step.

my motherboard is z370n wifi,there are two m.2 connector,one of m.2 support SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD(M2A_32G) and 4 sata port (sata2-sata5 in bios),

trying to change DiskIdxMap=00 SataPortMap=4 SasIdxMap=0 or DiskIdxMap=0400 SataPortMap=01 SasIdxMap=0,still doesn't work

35 minutes ago, dhlsam said:

I thought you have 4 sata plug into the motherboard, so i told you to use SataPortMap=4, Try to plug in only 1 sata drive and use SataPortMap=1, DiskIdxMap=00 Or OC

just give it a try

1 hour ago, stefauresi said:

hi, 

I try this but it's not good for me
why atlantic.ko in your archive = 10Mo and atlantic.ko for 6.2.3 = 185ko

Did you copy them to DSM or the loader? It won’t work if put into loader. Don’t know why the file size become so big, the file provided by other people is similar size as well.

il y a une heure, D.S a dit :

Did you copy them to DSM or the loader? It won’t work if put into loader. Don’t know why the file size become so big, the file provided by other people is similar size as well.

In DSM with SSH

.conf in /usr/lib/modules-load.d/

.ko in /usr/lib/modules/

chmod 644 for .conf and .ko

reboot and don't work

16 minutes ago, stefauresi said:

In DSM with SSH

.conf in /usr/lib/modules-load.d/

.ko in /usr/lib/modules/

chmod 644 for .conf and .ko

reboot and don't work

while in ssh with root run 

# depmod -a 

# modprobe atlantic 

verify module is loaded with

# lsmod |grep -i atlantic

If it didn't load do a 

# insmod /usr/lib/modules/atlantic.ko and verify again.

If it doesnt load check dmesg output to see whats wrong 

• Like 1

il y a une heure, pocopico a dit :

while in ssh with root run 

# depmod -a 

# modprobe atlantic 

verify module is loaded with

# lsmod |grep -i atlantic

If it didn't load do a 

# insmod /usr/lib/modules/atlantic.ko and verify again.

If it doesnt load check dmesg output to see whats wrong 

• depmod -a = -ash: depmod: command not found
  • lsmod |grep -i atlantic = nothing
  • insmod /usr/lib/modules/atlantic.ko

lsmod |grep -i atlantic

atlantic              200285  0
crc_itu_t               1531  2 udf,atlantic

but no ethernet connexion 

other problem , if i put mac2:xxxxxxxxxx in grub.cfg , it is not supported , i show only mac1 in DSM 

Edited by stefauresi