XPEnology Community

RedPill - the new loader for 6.2.4 - Discussion

2 hours ago, parotris said:

In my case, 918 boot with original s/n and mac. Everything works perfect, even quick connect and transcode. Activation.conf is ok. But face detection fails...

/var/log/messages

synofoto-face-extraction[2372]: /source/synophoto-plugin-face/src/face_plugin/lib/face_detection.cpp:214 Error: (face plugin) load network failed
synofoto-face-extraction[2372]: uncaught thread task exception /source/synofoto/src/daemon/plugin/plugin_worker.cpp:90 plugin init failed: /var/packages/SynologyPhotos/target/usr/lib/libsynophoto-plugin-face.so

/var/log/synofoto.log

synofoto-face-extraction[2372]: /source/synophoto-plugin-face/src/face_plugin/main.cpp:22 face plugin init
synofoto-face-extraction[2372]: uncaught thread task exception /source/synofoto/src/daemon/plugin/plugin_worker.cpp:90 plugin init failed: /var/packages/SynologyPhotos/target/usr/lib/libsynophoto-plugin-face.so

¿Any idea?

¿Can you share the 3615 boot?

Thanks.

is your gpu passthrough?

Sure, lets assume I add the unmodified kernel sources, and you provide the commands required to inject those in an image created by redpill-load, it can be done. Contribute the required commands, and I bake them into the Makefile target "auto". 

Though if it's something where I would need to modify the redpill-load sources, then its a hard pass...

Wait for your great docker to compile modules. We can help to test various devices together to push up a beta test.

Tapatalk を使用して私の ELS-NX9 から送信

On 9/9/2021 at 5:39 PM, pocopico said:

You do not need to recreate the whole loader. Just extract the rd, modify it (add the modules to usr/lib/modules, modify linuxrc.syno.impl to load the modules line #285) and repack it. Then copy it to the usb stick in place of the old one.  For EFI its on the second usb stick partition for Legacy is on first partition.

Unfortunately the legacy partition is small and thus there is not enough space for rd.gz 

how can imodify linuxrc.syno.impl (line #285) ?

just add “insmod /lib/modules/ixgbe.ko” ?  i put the ixgbe.ko to /usr/lib/modules

On 9/9/2021 at 5:39 PM, pocopico said:

You do not need to recreate the whole loader. Just extract the rd, modify it (add the modules to usr/lib/modules, modify linuxrc.syno.impl to load the modules line #285) and repack it. Then copy it to the usb stick in place of the old one.  For EFI its on the second usb stick partition for Legacy is on first partition.

Unfortunately the legacy partition is small and thus there is not enough space for rd.gz 

how can imodify linuxrc.syno.impl (line #285) ?

just add “insmod /lib/modules/ixgbe.ko” ?  i put the ixgbe.ko to /usr/lib/modules

add.jpg

5 hours ago, s2k7 said:

Wait for your great docker to compile modules. We can help to test various devices together to push up a beta test.

I haven't followed the module compilation discussions in depth as my target environment (=proxmox) is supported out of the box.

The build chain loader just follows the instructions of the respective git project, which made it easy to put into a dockerfile.

Like I wrote before, I am not going to implemenet anything that needs to patch redpill-load sources on the fly. Those type of changes can be done in individual forks of redpill-load, you can simply point the repo url to your repo and be good. 

Everything else needs discussion via pm before I am able to descide wheter this is in scope of the tool chain builder or not. 

Everyone is free to modify the toochain builder as they need and can share those modifications here.

• Like 3

Le 04/09/2021 à 12:24, tocinillo2 a dit :

Compiled 7.0.1 with last BSP patch and works perfect ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CqqhO-TBdwOff0dH54iP-XPdrhzgvtNR/view?usp=sharing

- Add UEFI support.
- Deleted twice EFI folder.
- Fixed SynoBoot_EFI place.
- Compiled with last BSP Patch for 7.0.1.
- Insmod efi_gop into EFI.
- Tested with Baremetal and works fine (Astock 3455-ITX).
- After installation (the reboot process can take 15-20 minutes) you have to install File Station manually: https://www.synology.com/en-us/support/download/DS918+#system (select DSM 7.0), find and download File Station SPK and install it in Package Center.

1RZ3yro.jpg

Whaou !

Works great for me … from 6.2.3 with jun’s loader, just create a new usb stick with your image and boot …

Migration proposed, done, reboot … perfect !

Thanks !

Have played around with building 920+ Loader.

The good news is he is booting and redpill is loading.

The Bad News is the installer dont detect any HDD's.

In the serial log the Device is there, but i think the mapping needs some modifications for 920+.

Testet in Promox.

1 hour ago, loomes said:

In the serial log the Device is there, but i think the mapping needs some modifications for 920+.

Testet in Promox.

Proxmox doesnt need any mapping, just make sure you have correct vid pid, the disk should be mounted as sata.

3 hours ago, loomes said:

Testet in Promox.

Are you saying ds920+ (not 918+) loader might be possible with some additional work?