XPEnology Community

[SOLVED]HELP! Problem after update!

Makkan

Hello!

I've just updated my N54L to 5.2 5644, and i can access it and so on, but the problem is i get this message "Abnormality detected on NAS. All volumes have been unmounted."

And i've tried to turn it off, and on, rebooting..

What should i do to get my two HDD back?

Best Regards, Makkan.

Edited by Guest

You should read the other threads :smile:

The new version needs a new bootloader which doesn't exist currently. Many users have the same problem. Some installations work, some don't. You can downgrade to old version or you must wait for new bootloader.

Greetings holybabel

There is a thread specifically for this release. The advise on that thread is not to install the release until the Xpenoboot team have produced a working image.

Whenever Synology produce an update, don't go blindly applying it. Always check on here first, lots of people try the releases out on testbed systems and report back as to whether they need specific work or not.

My NAS have been working perfectly since i got it around 10 months ago, so i havent been so intressted in updating.

You should read the other threads :smile:

The new version needs a new bootloader which doesn't exist currently. Many users have the same problem. Some installations work, some don't. You can downgrade to old version or you must wait for new bootloader.

Greetings holybabel

Idid read in the forums, but i totally missed one step, to upload the DSM 5592 manually so i got the 5644 automatic. Hehe. :smile:

There is a thread specifically for this release. The advise on that thread is not to install the release until the Xpenoboot team have produced a working image.

Whenever Synology produce an update, don't go blindly applying it. Always check on here first, lots of people try the releases out on testbed systems and report back as to whether they need specific work or not.

Yeah i saw them afterwards... :sad:

But im all good now!

I made a downgrade from 5644 to 5592 and it worked out good!

Thank you for the information!