XPEnology Community

Thinclient t610 - Station not visible in network

XsupergurkeX

4 hours ago, volospin said:

No matter I tried Jun's default or MBR version, I still cannot get pass 6.1.7 on T610P.

But I did get to 6.2.3 on T610.

usually hp offer to save the bios configuration to file, you could save the one working with loader 1.03b and import it on the one only working with 1.02b

look in the most left menu, below the system info

6 hours ago, IG-88 said:

usually hp offer to save the bios configuration to file, you could save the one working with loader 1.03b and import it on the one only working with 1.02b

look in the most left menu, below the system info

I did copy the BIOS configuration from T610 to T610P but it does not seems to change anything.

I still stuck with the same error message:

1) DS3617xs -> pat file corrupted or need to use some version or later (any files does not work)

2) DS3615xs -> Package Center shows nothing except file station and universal search.

3) Redpill -> SATAmap issue

Edited by volospin
missing information

18 hours ago, volospin said:

1) DS3617xs -> pat file corrupted or need to use some version or later (any files does not work)

errors like that are usually because of wrong usb vid/pid ib grub.cfg

if you have trouble installing on one system its also possible to use another system for installing and then transfer usb flash drive and disk(s)  to the other as long as it boots from that usb it should start the already installed system from disk

9 hours ago, IG-88 said:

errors like that are usually because of wrong usb vid/pid ib grub.cfg

if you have trouble installing on one system its also possible to use another system for installing and then transfer usb flash drive and disk(s)  to the other as long as it boots from that usb it should start the already installed system from disk

Well, let me list my steps...
I boot System Rescue 9.0.1 USB to memory then unplug the USB

then insert the USB with the img files then insert the target USB

I use the following three USBs:

ID 1221:3234 (Unknown, Red)
ID 0204:6025 (CBM2000, EagleTec)
ID 0411:0098 (Black, Buffalo)

Every time I just insert one of them then dd if="the target img file" of=/dev/sdb (usually but double check before)

mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/sdb

nano grub/grub.cfg

then modify five lines

set vid=0x0204

set pid=0x6025

set sn=1430LWN123456 (sample)

set mac1=C8CBB8123456 (sample)

set timeout='4'

I also find out pat file corrupted is due to I modified the filename say DSM_DS3615xs_15047.pat -> DSM_DS3615xs_6.1_15047.pat

but now even I used the original name, I still got errors during install or code 21.

I finally can install a proper DSM 6.1 on HP T610 with all the packages available.

I do not know the proper steps to upgrade.

I suspect the "all packages are installed" and only File station and Universal Search are there because I upgrade directly from 6.1 to 6.1.7.

I even format the HDD with fdisk and create a new UUID and create and quick format the partition to Windows NTFS to avoid seeing message about migration since it never works for me.

Then I am able to boot the default 3615 1.02b and able to find in Synology Assistant.

but then usually both Web Install or Synology Assistant right click install will not work at some point.

Edited by volospin
Input more information

I finally get both HP T610 and HP T610P to installed with DSM 6.1 and see all the available packages.

I used the Unknown 64MB USB on HP T610 and CBM 1GB USB on HP T610P.

I start thinking that the Buffalo 1GB USB is the reason I cannot get things through.

I used to use another Buffalo 1GB USB in my HP N54L for like a month or two and recently it just stop working.

I don't know why but that Buffalo 1GB USB is SLC USB and should last very long.

Now I think I will start using the Toshiba 2GB USB as the loader.

I start thinking the reason of no packages available in the Package Center is because I have not create a volume.

because when I want to update the "file station", it prompt "There is no volume in your system"

17 minutes ago, volospin said:

I start thinking the reason of no packages available in the Package Center is because I have not create a volume.

because when I want to update the "file station", it prompt "There is no volume in your system"

the check where to install packages happens just when you try to install it, the list of packages does not depend on is there is a volume or not (at least from my experience with 6.2)

21 minutes ago, volospin said:

Unknown 64MB USB on HP T610 and CBM 1GB USB on HP T610P.

if you want to experiment with different usb's, you can just throw on images without modding anything (thing to be aware is the mbr/gpt format of the image for hp systems), usb vid/pid is only checked when installig a dsm *.pst file to disk, to see if it boots and foung in network the ootb config of the images should be enough (the tg3 driver you need for the nic is part of the default driver set that came from jun)