XPEnology Community

A long overdue upgrade to a DSM4.3-3180 went without issue.

2 stage upgrade -

1 upgrade to 5.2-5592 base(apps all updated at this stage), upgrade to .2, (reboot) + upgrade to .3

2 direct upgrade to 5644.

All settings and apps available and updated

Baremetal Zotec intel Atom based MOBO

**Edit** - Updated second system, followed the breadcrumbs from earlier update. this time 5022 to 5644

Different Baremetal this time - Asrock AD2550R/USB3 server board +stuff

Edited by Guest

I just upgraded my old N40 to 5592 update 3 and that went fine.

Then I tried to install 5.2 5466 and I read that with most people this wasn't a problem so I upgraded.

But it keeps hanging at 22%. I did a gracefull reboot of the system and now the keyboard and NIC aren't working anymore.

I assume I have to wait for a new version of XPNOboot?

Upgraded 2 systems Gen5 and Gen8 this morning. Booted to install and Upgrade on old bootloader logged onto system and did the straight upgrade in control panel waited for reboot and everything is fine. Running apps galore on both machines, no problems.

I DID NOT use manual DSM update. I used auto update on both machines while booted to install & upgrade on XPEnoboot DS3615xs 5.2-5592.2

Then I tried to install 5.2 5466 and I read that with most people this wasn't a problem so I upgraded.

But it keeps hanging at 22%. I did a gracefull reboot of the system and now the keyboard and NIC aren't working anymore.

Under the turning circle with % shown in middle it says what step the upgrade is in. What is status of update when at 22%.

I kind of suspect this might be the error that causes the iscsi problem

Nov 9 15:57:32 DiskStation iscsi.cgi: iscsi_uuid_gen_md5_from_name.c:245 failed to Get MacAddr, Use default 6ba7b810-9dad-11d1-80b4-00c04fd430c8

Nov 9 15:57:32 DiskStation kernel: [ 259.955622] VFS: Close: file count is 0

Nov 9 15:57:32 DiskStation iscsi.cgi: iscsi_vaai_extent_pool_enable.c:94 Failed to do command 'echo 1 > /sys/kernel/config/pool/EP_1/enable', er

Nov 9 15:57:32 DiskStation iscsi.cgi: iscsi_volume_vaai_enable.c:34 Fail to enable EP module

Nov 9 15:57:32 DiskStation iscsi.cgi: iscsi_vaai_create_extent_pool_files.c:304 Failed to enable VAAI on volume /volume1, errno=No such file or

Nov 9 15:57:32 DiskStation iscsi.cgi: iscsi_file_create.c:77 Failed to add pool file on '/volume1'

Nov 9 15:57:32 DiskStation iscsi.cgi: iscsi_lun_object_create.c:22 Failed to create target file, Update file progress to ISCSI_FINISH

Under the turning circle with % shown in middle it says what step the upgrade is in. What is status of update when at 22%.

I do not know. It usually shows the status but this time, it didn't.

I can not reproduce this problem as i cant seem to get the NIC interfaces or usb to work.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I know there is a lot of hard working going on, maintaining this code and functionality - so for that I thank you very much, most most appreciative!

Just wanted to pass on, what I can to help...

I had upgraded my Xpenology setup from 5592 to 5644 via the control panel, and though the update processed through initially, it just goes into a boot loop since.

My setup is very generic, no iSCI or ESXI usage at all, just super basic.

Just tried this new boot image, and wanted to let you know, it's still doing the same thing, so it seems this isn't resolving whatever is causing the endless re-boot looping. :smile:

Thank You!

Upgraded my HP ProLiant N40L from Version 5.2-5592 update 4 to 5.2-5644 via DSM and system went into infinity boot-loop. :evil:

Upgraded XPEnoboot to 5.2-5644.1 with same boot-loop. Unplugged power and SATA to the SSD drive used for SSD-cache and the system came back online without boot-loop and all data intact. :???:

Zorax - Interesting feedback. I too had an SSD Cache Installed. Oddly enough, if I remove that, the system will seemingly start up, not go into the endless booting loop, but in my case, it's still not accessible via the web interface, and interestingly too, when the login prompt comes up, I can type in ROOT, but it seems to hang or something after that, so can't even get logged in at the CLI. Strange....

I can also confirm that a update is possible!

I updated to the latest version and experienced in the beginning also boot trouble. My NAS didn't anymore on the "old" software so I had to do something to make it work again. Thanks to tthe tip for newer software I made it work again and all of my data was still there :grin:

I updated my Gen8 and it got stuck in a boot loop. So I moved my drives back to my gen7 and it is working fine. I'll wait for an xpenoboot update before moving back to the gen8. I don't use iscsi so not sure if that is broken. Everything else seems fine including all my docker containers.

I applied the updated boot image and same issue with the reboot loop. I remembered someone mentioned the SSD cache being the culprit so I disconnected that and rebooted. Now all is well without the cache. It seems that the 5644 update broke the ssd cache on the gen8 servers.

Hi

My HP microserver gen 8 g1610t

have some problem after upgrade to DSM 5.2-5644

from DSM 5.2-5592 update 2,,

its looks when its try to start, the plugin the server reboots

I have try to change the boot device but the resolute

is no different..

i cant find any logging

and i have a other problem by using the server

the USB things dont work after post settings are loaded

so i cant login in terminal after the server is up and running

i have check the bios for the disable Usb but it seams to be right

have even done a reset for the bios

my setup

4x3tb wd green 1x 80gig sata 1x16gig sd (boot)

it s in a boot loop.. it does not matter what i try

Okay.. thought I was losing my mind last night..

Pulled an ISO for 5592 yesterday, burned.

Took a Dell OP 760 first.. booted/installed et al.. could not create a volume.

Fought with it every which way.. no go.

Connection failed. Please check your network settings.

My network settings.. for creating a volume?..

Pulled down an OP 780 and blew the dust off.. also put some RAM in.. go figure..

Same deal.

Woke up early.. went to a client's site where I had formerly set one up on a Precision T3500, okay?

Pulled the HDD and smote the partitions, took the CD which it still had in it.. SAME problem on the OP 760. (didn't bring the other.. it was after 5am..).

Fine.. went with the "effit" maneuver and put the drive back in, CD back in.. installed et al.. and IT won't create a volume.. it could before.

Conclusions:

A fresh build from a 5592 ISO ends up with a 5644 build.. I did notice that last night between the pre-rebuild and the new guy last night.. as well as the former-5592-now-5644. I'm sure a manual/PAT might help me there.. "I" didn't ask for 5644, the thing did that by itself.. even from an ISO and CD from weeks ago on the same hardware.

Cannot create a volume.. whatever this issue is, it is broken from the get-go.

I go with the CD because too often I cannot get a good boot order AND attach an external USB HDD for backup or whatever.. and reboot. Inevitably the hardware derps and tries to boot the wrong USB.. but that's just me.

I can't be the only one trying this from fresh and hitting the volume wall. Sure, I can hack at it and all.. but the "it just works" approach isn't.

While I'm sure I may or may not have had fun on an upgrade.. I was just trying to build another box to begin with.. go figure.

Any luck with "Connection Failed. Please check your network settings" error.

I got the same problem

Please let me know if you fixed it.