XPEnology Community

Official release notes:

What's New

This update includes all bug fixes as well as security fixes in the previously released critical updates since DSM 5.2-5592.

Fixed Issues

Improved stability of FTP connections.

Improved stability when copying large files on DS216play.

Improved general stability of NTP service.

Supports Data Scrubbing for iSCSI LUN (Block-Level) in Storage Manager.

Improved the stability of encrypted backup in models with ARM processors.

Improved general stability of Btrfs file system.

Increased the connection limit for Log Receiving in Log Center.

Upgraded PHP to 5.5.30 to address multiple vulnerabilities (CVE-2015-5589, CVE-2015-5590, CVE-2015-6834, CVE-2015-6835, CVE-2015-6836, CVE-2015-6837, CVE-2015-6838, and CVE-2015-3152).

Fixed an issue where a DSM critical patch could not be manually uploaded when the system was in a Hybrid HA cluster.

Minor bug fixes.

Anyone tried this with the current boatloader yet?

Tried on a VM and doesn't work. It says "Error: No valid Patch found for file:/tmpRoot/usr/syno.../*.cgi" files in a lot of them, so we have to wait until XPEnology is modified with the new version. Same volumes umounted problems.

Thank you, I really need to set up a vm as a test bank for updates as well.

Just make a test VM identical with the one you use and test first. Right now I am installing 5.2-5592 to a new one to test some more :smile:

Edit:

I do have an issue, I gave the VM two virtual hdd's 5Gb each; when I try to create a volume, it makes it only 400 Mb. That is note related to this update, I have this problem in the new tesm machine with 5.2-5592.

Edit 2:

nevermind the issue above, I increased the size to 16 Gb, about 4 Gb are reserved

Edit 3:

The update from 5.2-5592 to 5.2-5644 worked perfect, I just did it on a fresh installed VM; all automated from control panel, just as normal synology.

Note that I only use download station on my system, so I have no idea if other apps are having problems, but usually everything is ok, maybe just some re-indexing of the media...

Interesting to be sure! Based on several comments here, or people taking the plunge and it seemingly working fine - I tried it too...but mine however, is not working fine.

The system boots, gets right to be point where it would be starting the Synology Trigger and the system would be up, unfortunately it just reboots and loops. I just updated

mine through the control panel.

Just to be sure, I have forced a reboot several times, still no happiness. Fortunately for me, going on vacation soon, and so I can be patient in waiting for updated XPEonboot.

FYI

Interesting to be sure! Based on several comments here, or people taking the plunge and it seemingly working fine - I tried it too...but mine however, is not working fine.

The system boots, gets right to be point where it would be starting the Synology Trigger and the system would be up, unfortunately it just reboots and loops. I just updated

mine through the control panel.

Just to be sure, I have forced a reboot several times, still no happiness. Fortunately for me, going on vacation soon, and so I can be patient in waiting for updated XPEonboot.

FYI

Same issue on my Gen 8 :sad: