XPEnology Community

DSM 6 Beta - Delayed

casca

I figured you guys grabbed the beta and started your work internally so you were ready when the final launched. If you got lucky and everything was golden you would be ready to release it to the community. This is particularly relevant if you start charging for your releases (as hinted at in the survey we filled out). I would definitely be willing to pay for full version upgrades but if I did there would be an expectation that it was handled professionally (etc.. etc..). Anyway love what you are doing.

I figured you guys grabbed the beta and started your work internally so you were ready when the final launched. If you got lucky and everything was golden you would be ready to release it to the community. This is particularly relevant if you start charging for your releases (as hinted at in the survey we filled out). I would definitely be willing to pay for full version upgrades but if I did there would be an expectation that it was handled professionally (etc.. etc..). Anyway love what you are doing.

There are no plans by the XPEnoboot Team to charge for our releases (regardless of the community's opinion towards it). This is a hobby project for everyone on the team and none of us even consider this an option for 'paying the bills'. Not to mention all the legal issues and increased attention from Synology that charging for these releases would introduce.